PDA

View Full Version : New 45

Wolf1952
August 14, 2016, 18:20
Iíve been looking at this o a couple of months now. None of my LGSís could get or even get at a decent price. I found one at CDNN for a really good price, even the price for extra factory mags isnít bad either. So Wednesday the 10th I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. I bought a EAA SAR K2 45 plus four extra mags. The K2 is a double stack 45, mags 14+1. All total 469.89, still under 500 with shipping. Go to pick it Tuesday the 16th and do my 20 bucks transfer. Then the fun begins.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/39wolfgang/EAA170840A_zpsqjy2cz4z.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/39wolfgang/media/EAA170840A_zpsqjy2cz4z.jpg.html)

Wolf

MAINER
August 15, 2016, 07:37
Interesting piece, I like it. If it runs like the CZ it's cloned from you'll have a winner.

I am kind of full up of 45 Autos however, does it come in a 10MM?

Empty slots? Spare mag, oil bottle missing?

Would like a range report please. ;)

SPEEDGUNNER
August 15, 2016, 07:47
You can also use Para Ordnance 14rd mags...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357068

fnogger
August 15, 2016, 21:37
Interesting piece, I like it. If it runs like the CZ it's cloned from you'll have a winner.

I am kind of full up of 45 Autos however, does it come in a 10MM?

Empty slots? Spare mag, oil bottle missing?

Would like a range report please. ;)

The EAA Witness comes in 10mm, poly or steel. And conversions to lots of other calibers...

Wolf1952
August 16, 2016, 16:31
I went and retrieved my K2 from jail this morning. Got a short delay / for further revue, after about twenty minutes I was cleared. Paid my twenty bucks for the transfer and headed home. So for I have put four boxes of a mix of HB and HP through it, not one malfunction.

The rear site is set a little off center to the left. I am not touching it, at fifty feet I am in the red and black on a 50 yard target. That is good enough for me.
And another thing it fits both of my Sig P220 holsters perfectly. I have already contacted my holster maker to make me a double mag pouch for these double stack 45 mags.

This thing is a dream to shoot. It’s a little heavier than my 1911, but basically the same weight empty and just a little heaver when loaded, but you got to remember you have seven more rounds to play with.

Wolf

Sagerider
August 18, 2016, 20:13
Pretty sweet looking unit. Please give us some follow up when you have it.
Thanks for posting this. I like the CZ-75 and the way it feels and am wondering how much of a handful this unit is. Please post back when you have time.
Thanks

Eyeguy
August 18, 2016, 22:26
I looked at these from CDNN a few months ago but didn't purchase; My hands are average size and I was concerned about the grip size on the double stack and reach to the trigger. How does it compare in that regard to a full size 1911? At $370 it looks like a heck of a deal.

Wolf1952
August 19, 2016, 02:46
It fits my hand nicely. Using my 1911, my middle finger and thumb overlap a little reach now with the SAR my middle finger and thumb just touch. It is still very comfortable to hold on to. If you can hold a Sig P220 45 you can hold this thing. What I like it is a good point a shoot gun, it is like pointing at something with your index finger. That is if you are use to instinct shooting. I started out at fifty feet and walked in to ten feet. Shots just got closer together. I am very happy with it.

Wolf