PDA

View Full Version : sig 210

Bawana jim
August 13, 2016, 23:24
Are they worth the money?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/577000246

VALMET
August 13, 2016, 23:29
I've always wondered myself. They're beautiful pistols and from what I've always read ppl love them. Hopefully some owners can chime in here...

Retired Bum
August 14, 2016, 07:22
I first laid my eyes on the Sig P210 at age 18 while stationed in Germany. The pistol was at the local Rod & Gun Club and was priced at $200. This was in 1964. That was right at two month's pay for an Army Private First Class back then. But I knew that after handling that P210 that someday I would get one.....

Finally in 2002 I found one at a gun shop. It was on consignment sale for $1600 plus sales tax. This P210-6 had been made in 1996 and sold that year by the dealer to a collector customer of his. It was still unfired with the box, manual, test target, patch, two magazines and the mag loader.

I didn't give it a second thought. Whipped out my DL and credit card and drove home with it. It had only taken 38 years to finally own my holy grail gun. The next day I ordered two extra magazines from CDNN at $80 each plus shipping. My total investment was $1850 making it the most I had ever spent on one handgun.

I took the P210 to my club range after cleaning and lubing the piece. I had a small supply of RWS/Geco 124 grain FMJ which shot quite accurately in my HK P7M8. At 50 feet my first eight rounds went into the ten ring of a 25 yard bullseye target center. Over a number of range sessions with the P210 I shot a variety of factory rounds and my hand loads. The pistol shot everything accurately. I had a keeper on my hands.....

I still own the P210-6. Maybe someday I will let it go for the right price. And maybe I won't.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

0750turbo
August 14, 2016, 20:58
Are they worth the money?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/577000246

I own the -1, -2, -4, -5 and -6 models with the 1, 2 and 4 being built in the early to mid-fifties, the 5 in the early 70's and the 6 in the early 80's. I shoot them all except the 6 which is NIB and includes a matching serial number .22 conversion kit that is NIB.

Prior to owning a 210, my HKP7M8 was my favorite shooter but no longer. The 210 is just incredible and worth every penny in my opinion. Of course, the age, model number and condition can have huge swings in the pricing. Having import marks or not does (worth more) as well.

Note that the model you reference is a Sig Sauer (German) rather than a Sig (Swiss) which mine are all Swiss models. While the Sign Sauers may shoot just as nice and have the easier mag release, I am of the opinion that if you are going to spend that much, get a forged piece of history that only the Swiss version's can offer.

falcom
August 14, 2016, 21:55
The one shown for sale on gunbroker is the German Legend series which is relatively new manufacture and has a heavier frame.

Get the original. They are beautiful works of art.
Perfect grip angle.

SWOHFAL
August 15, 2016, 00:24
The one shown for sale on gunbroker is the German Legend series which is relatively new manufacture and has a heavier frame.

Get the original. They are beautiful works of art.
Perfect grip angle.

I don't care much for the last versions sold, with the beavertail and thumb release mags.

Retired Bum
August 15, 2016, 05:24
Supposedly there is an American made P210 in the works at the factory in Exeter. No introduction date has been announced to the best of my knowledge. From what I have read about it this P210 has been redesigned to use the same barrel lockup as the Classic Sig's such as the P220.

In other words, a cheaper altered version of the world's finest crafted service pistol. I'll take a pass on this one.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Bawana jim
August 15, 2016, 08:56
You guys realize that without your help and information most of us would be in the dark about 210s:bow:

Combloc
August 15, 2016, 09:08
I have a run of the mill military model made in about 1953 that I paid just over 2K for a couple years ago including the holster and a spare magazine. Until you have spent some time firing a Swiss made 210, you can't really understand what all the fuss is about. They are 100% worth every penny.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab269/Combloc/Misc/P1120119_zps6db196dd.jpg (http://s870.photobucket.com/user/Combloc/media/Misc/P1120119_zps6db196dd.jpg.html)

sweetwine
August 15, 2016, 10:29
I have the Danish Model of the 210 called the M49. Mine was made in 1949 and stills shoots like a dream. Well worth the money but you might want to look around for a used one that was Swiss made,

SWOHFAL
August 15, 2016, 10:35
Supposedly there is an American made P210 in the works at the factory in Exeter. No introduction date has been announced to the best of my knowledge. From what I have read about it this P210 has been redesigned to use the same barrel lockup as the Classic Sig's such as the P220.

In other words, a cheaper altered version of the world's finest crafted service pistol. I'll take a pass on this one.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

The price won't go down much for that bastardization. Sounds like some MBA thought it up - price it the same, make it look the same, take out most of the quality (and production costs). Maybe it will sell, but I'm thinking it will be a loser.

Reminds me of all the fun stuff Honda sells overseas that we don't get here. Either they sold it with no advertising to get folks on board while it was available, leaving it to develop a cult following after-the-fact, or they send a neutered variant that looks the same and costs the same with plenty of hype and no "go," which leaves people cold, then use both examples to show why doing so will never work in America. :rolleyes:

SWOHFAL
August 15, 2016, 10:36
I have the Danish Model of the 210 called the M49. Mine was made in 1949 and stills shoots like a dream. Well worth the money but you might want to look around for a used one that was Swiss made,

I believe they've ALL been Swiss-made up to this point, even if they added undesirable features.

falcom
August 15, 2016, 13:12
I believe they've ALL been Swiss-made up to this point, even if they added undesirable features.

The Legend series is made in Germany.

SWOHFAL
August 15, 2016, 15:38
The Legend series is made in Germany.

That alone wouldn't bother me, but the accompanying "upgrades" blow. Is Swiss production completely dead?

Combloc
August 15, 2016, 22:14
With regards to the 210, production was stopped many years ago. SIG is now Swiss Arms and they mark their firearms SAN for Swiss Arms Neuhausen. Same factory and Quality but now owned by a German group. They are still making firearms too, but no 210's. Just recently, SIG USA imported a few 553's as pistols. They are 100% Swiss made and head and shoulders above the cheapened and commercialized clones they are putting together here in the US.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab269/Combloc/Misc/P1130528_zpsvzljqbfj.jpg (http://s870.photobucket.com/user/Combloc/media/Misc/P1130528_zpsvzljqbfj.jpg.html)

hueyville
August 20, 2016, 07:08
That kind of money is rounding out a collection price. It's worth it if you want it. That said bought a used modern SIG 2022 in 9mm with box, holster, four magazines, looks like only one magazine used with maybe a single box of ammo fired as looks brand new for $350 out the door. Have three in 40 and a 9mm TB, so didn't need it but price was too inexpensive to pass up. Will show more wear after one day of me carrying than it currently shows. Love the 2022's as fine pistols and always able to find under $400.

pre1989
August 21, 2016, 14:22
As a fyi sig is now making sig 210 in the USA in there NH plant ..A little bit cheeper ..

SPEEDGUNNER
August 22, 2016, 20:08
Shooting the older model 210 is like the proverbial "runs like a Swiss Watch".

I would love to own one.

ALL FAL
August 23, 2016, 20:52
Would Love to have a P210, just not for that kind of Money.

Going to look at 2022 model Huey likes, the price is right.

Combloc
August 23, 2016, 22:49
As a fyi sig is now making sig 210 in the USA in there NH plant ..A little bit cheeper ..

And alot cheaper made guaranteed. When they were making these things back in the 50's, I don't think cost was even figured into the equation. They were not made for a profit, they were made to give their troops the best pistol they were capable of building. The second you start asking "how much?", you're lost. There is a reason the original 210 is legendary. Once you fire one, you'll understand that that reputation is well deserved.

ALL FAL
August 25, 2016, 18:51
WHY doesn't RRA or EAA, Sarsilmaz, or some other Re engineer the P210 into a slick long barreled steel and plastic, light weight Rolls-Royce combat carry,
16 shot pistol,??????? I'd buy a FEW of them.

I am convinced that the way the slide rides Inside the frame rails is the Most Strong, accurate way to build an semi or auto pistol, especially, Hand fitted.

2500$ to 3900$$ SPent for an old 8 shot pistol is kinda stupid in my book, those Beautiful pistols are Not worth that price except for collectors or aholes that clearly have too much $$ to spend. :|

I'll wait for the Canik C-210 at 595.00$$ Thank you very much.

Hueyville was right about the SIG 2022, an true Value, but, I need to shoot one first. Going to shoot one in about 30 minutes.

falcom
August 26, 2016, 14:38
2500$ to 3900$$ SPent for an old 8 shot pistol is kinda stupid in my book, those Beautiful pistols are Not worth that price except for collectors or aholes that clearly have too much $$ to spend. :| .

Count me in as one of the stupid aholes with too much $ to spend.
Once you have shot a SIG P210 you will know why the cost so much.

Retired Bum
August 26, 2016, 15:47
I own a number of eight shot 9mm Luger caliber pistols. The cheapest price wise is my old purchased NIB in 1969 S&W Model 39 no dash. Cost me all of $88 back then.....

I have a commercial Walther P38 made in 1984 and a Mauser repro Parabellum aka Luger. Got a HK P7M8 as well. All of these pistols are well made and no longer in production. Replaced by plastik pistolen.....

ALL FAL, if you have never handled and shot a P210 then you just don't know the lure of this handgun. It is the world's finest crafted service pistol. That probably doesn't register with you. But there are those of use who appreciate the pistol for the superb tool that it is. And yes, if I didn't already own a P210-6 I would not hesitate to spend the money for one. You either understand what I am saying or you don't.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

ALL FAL
August 27, 2016, 01:10
I understand completely why you guys want and have them, The Pistol is slick in every way, something special.

Have always prided myself on being able to get the job done with almost any grade of tool.

Especially now days, I really have to watch where my $$ goes and that it maximizes Value.

You P210 owners enjoy your pistols. I owned a P7.

hueyville
August 28, 2016, 10:56
Would Love to have a P210, just not for that kind of Money.

Going to look at 2022 model Huey likes, the price is right.

Replying to this in the 2022 thread for those thinking of an entry level SIG.