PDA

View Full Version : Magazines for CZ75 Compact Israeli Alloy Frame

FalstenRedux
August 08, 2016, 10:46
Hi all,
I picked up a used alloy frame Israeli CZ75 compact (one of the ones with a safety vs. a decocker). I'd like to get some additional magazines for the pistol.

Can anyone advise on the proper magazine (is it a standard compact magazine? And, do the aluminum decocker pistols use the same magazines as the steel frame Compacts?)

Also, any leads on where to find at a good price would be appreciated. Thanks!

MAINER
August 08, 2016, 19:58
The Compact uses 14 round mags. (hint) 16 round mags work, but they stick out the bottom a bit.
CZ or Mec-Gar's both work fine, but if I had my druthers, I'd pick the CZ. They seem a bit more robust. Functionally, there's no difference. I have both and use them interchangeably.

My CZ has an alloy frame and uses standard 14 rd. mags. Nothing in the CZ catalog notes any difference between steel and alloy.

I think I bought my Mec-gar's from CDNN on sale. That would be where I'd start if I wanted Mec-Gar, they might even have CZ's.

CZ-USA has 3 @ $99 here.
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/11120_Cz-75b-Compact-14-Round-9mm-Magazine-3-Pack

FalstenRedux
August 09, 2016, 00:25
Thanks! Just wanted to get some additional feedback before buying a few extra mags.

BTW, is your pistol an Israeli compact as well (with the safety)? If so, did it come with the twisted wire recoil spring, and have you replaced it?

MAINER
August 09, 2016, 08:31
My CZ is a D (decocker) PCR with alloy frame and marked CZ-USA Kansas City, KS on the frame, so , nope, it's not an Izzy.

The recoil spring in my is a flat coil spring and green in color for some reason, likely to tell what weight it is, not sure about that.

I have not heard of a problem with twisted wire recoil springs. The Sig that I just converted to SA/DA has a twisted wire spring in it. Depending on how much use and with what ammo your pistol has been subjected to, it may be a good idea to replace the recoil spring. Gives it a fresh start with a known quality, no way to tell how much life is left in a used one.

FalstenRedux
August 09, 2016, 12:00
Yes, I usually do that on any used pistol that appears to have some use. Since the Israeli pistols are a bit of a rarity, I've been trying to find someone that has broken the ground before me. I knew that the PCRs used a flat green spring. Don't know if it works for the Israeli pistols or not. They appear to have a somewhat different design on the frame. I'll probably pursue it some on one of the CZ boards and see if they have details. Thanks for the help!