PDA

View Full Version : Visit from the ATF and my skorpion

mikedddd
August 05, 2016, 09:42
Lol 2 atf agents knocking at my door this morning. Not something I expected. They wanted to see my skorpion receiver. They said 100 were imported and have the cuts for the full auto parts and if so they were
Taking it. They had photos in an envelope of what to look for. I got lucky. Anyone else be ready for a
Visit !

357ross
August 05, 2016, 12:40
With all of the crime and terrorist problems brewing in America, atf has nothing more pressing, and has resources enough to send TWO guys out to worry about your .32 pistol frame???

CG&L
August 05, 2016, 13:17
The 32 ACP is a lot more potent than most people think.

A 60 grain bullet traveling at 1,050 fps may not be the best anti-armor round, it could still be used as an anti-aircraft round

I surprised the ATF didn't bring a SWAT team along with the pictures. A SWAT team is needed to keep everybody safe dontcha know

medicmike
August 05, 2016, 14:55
With all of the crime and terrorist problems brewing in America, atf has nothing more pressing, and has resources enough to send TWO guys out to worry about your .32 pistol frame???

If you hit someone with it and they noticed....they are liable to get very angry!

:whistling::biggrin:

Yes I know, a .32 will kill you just as dead as a .44 but always loved that joke :tongue:

TenTea
August 05, 2016, 15:27
OP: Time was, I would've thought you were joking, but not today.

Nice that someone didn't hotlink us to the story of your demise, including pictures of all your stuff, placed on tables in front of your house, for all the world to see.

Weeda thunk it were a gunshow! :smile:

I am sending an alert to someone owning a Skorpion built from a kit, so thanks.

meltblown
August 05, 2016, 16:38
Did the check your stash for 922 stuff:rofl::confused:

L Haney
August 05, 2016, 17:30
... atf has nothing more pressing,...

It's the ATF. They actually don't have anything "pressing" to deal with. That is exactly why they get up to so much mischief.

They are actually an offshoot of the IRS supposed to be concerned with people trying to cheat on tax matters. That involve alcohol and tobacco, things governments have always had a keen interest in singling out for 'special' attention.

Never was sure if it is the inherent greed of government or an echo of some religion that makes those two things worthy of special attention and burdensome taxation.

The feds aren't the only ones guilty of this. The alcohol taxation gravy train extends from the feds down to the community level. They all get their taste.

But then we started passing a lot of gun 'regulations'. These were pretty simple things, like how long a barrel could be. They didn't make any sense, but that didn't matter. Those regulations could put your ass in federal prison for ten years. Have a 16 inch barreled .460 Weatherby Magnum? That's just fine. Try that with a single shot .410 Stevens shotgun and you're for the pokey.

And the sweetest part? You don't even have to commit a crime against a person. All you have to do is have it around.

Just for funsies, imagine the DOT had the same regs. That 160 mph muscle car in the garage that you never drive just got you arrested for speeding. Don't matter that you never even cranked it up or put it on the street.

Used to be (before 9/11) I could buy a case of commercial dynamite to blow stumps out of the ground by showing my drivers license and writing a check.

After that date, not even close. Was their commercial dynamite used in those plane hijackings? Nope. Was their a rash of explosions that spread havoc and destruction using the same? Nope. But now I can't buy the stuff. Because the ATF wrote some new regs. So I lost out on a bit of pocket money I used to make. I see that as the ATF interfering with interstate commerce.

Did they make us safer from Saudi's flying jets into big buildings? Not that I can see. Perhaps they need a new letter in their agency name, another 'B'. For boxcutters. BATFEB. Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives, Boxcutters.

If they'd only had a good handle on those...

And one day they will.

Because using their logic, possessing a 17.99 inch barreled shotgun will compel you to rob a bank, or a liquor store, having a boxcutter will be a sure road to flying a passenger airliner into a skyscraper.

Pardon my wandering. At times I just get phucking amazed at what we allow government to get up to. Make no mistake. We allowed ALL this to happen.

ColeKira
August 05, 2016, 18:07
Did they have a search warrant?

SAFN49
August 05, 2016, 22:50
Last visit from the AFT was 2 agents, regular guy and a "new" guy, said he was in training. I think they travel in pairs now for safety.

Both were Marines. The Army guy that works with me said it was a Marine love fest. He was just jealous.

tdb59
August 05, 2016, 23:39
Last visit from the AFT was 2 agents, regular guy and a "new" guy, said he was in training. I think they travel in pairs now for safety.

Both were Marines. The Army guy that works with me said it was a Marine love fest. He was just jealous.

My interview visit was 2 dudes.

My visit yesterday was 1 of the dudes.

They are busy.

Elkaholic
August 06, 2016, 00:29

I do believe you had a visit from compliant inspectors. I do believe if it would have been "agents" your dog would be dead and we wouldn't be hearing from you :whistling:

Tuhlmann
August 06, 2016, 09:20
They shoulda no-knocked your ass and tossed your whole house, maybe perforated your K9.

gunplumber
August 06, 2016, 10:19
skip to 1:34

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Arp6JvzmFTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beryl
August 06, 2016, 16:35
skip to 1:34

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Arp6JvzmFTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice, but you forgot about the Stechkin in the background.

Bubacus
August 07, 2016, 09:30
Are these the receivers that were available from Recon Ordinance? Just curious.

mikedddd
August 07, 2016, 10:15
was bought from sarco, just the receiver only. its a d-technik marked, imported by tg I think, knoxville

albacore
August 20, 2016, 21:16
Damn!

Genetically Swiss
August 20, 2016, 21:53
Pity no one put that much effort into Fast and furious, where dozens, maybe hundreds actually died. Sorry for the drift. :shades:

GS

ALL FAL
August 21, 2016, 04:55
Staying clean and legal in this corner, yes those items would be excellent to own.

In order to own said items you have to get ATF permission, that opens you up to them coming to your home.

MikeD, hope everything works out in your favor and am glad they didn't tear up your place. Take Care.

Mark IV
August 23, 2016, 08:17

He's a white, gun-owning American, the most dangerous breed of terrorist known to man. Molech with a gun.