PDA

View Full Version : MiM parts in CZ 75 pistols?

Heat
July 25, 2016, 17:59
Does anyone know if there are Metal Injection Moulding (MiM) parts in the CZ 75 series particularly the 75 compact?

scoose
July 25, 2016, 18:55
Does anyone know if there are Metal Injection Moulding (MiM) parts in the CZ 75 series particularly the 75 compact?

I don't think it does but I could be wrong. So many companies have gone to putting some MiM parts in their weapons. But I think CZ is one of the holdouts

Heat
July 26, 2016, 00:18
I don't think it does but I could be wrong. So many companies have gone to putting some MiM parts in their weapons. But I think CZ is one of the holdouts

I sent an email to CZ today. I am hoping to get a straight, honest answer soon from them. Had a MiM part snap on an AR and a faulty extractor on a Glock so I started reading up on MiM. A lot of folks swear by the technology. I question any cost saving technology--it's almost always a compromise that leaves the consumer with sub-standard results. I understand Kimber has had their fair share of bad press of broken parts that are MiM.

Right Side Up
July 26, 2016, 00:23
MIM parts are brittle. Glock extractors usually last a good while (so they say) as long as you don't drop the slide with a round in the chamber. They will chip if you do that.

I'm about to order an Apex extractor and a ZEV billet firing pin for my G19. I like billet parts better.

Heat
July 26, 2016, 13:31
MIM parts are brittle. Glock extractors usually last a good while (so they say) as long as you don't drop the slide with a round in the chamber. They will chip if you do that.

I'm about to order an Apex extractor and a ZEV billet firing pin for my G19. I like billet parts better.

I am sick of polymer and the ill fitting Glock (for me at least)--think I will sell the Glock 17 and get a CZ 75 Compact-have had a few in my hands over the yrs and was put off by the cost of CZ mags--but I hear MecGar is the way to go (even heard they manufacturer the factory mags--not sure if that's true). I just like steel-had a few CZ bolt actions and was very happy with them.

SWOHFAL
July 26, 2016, 20:58
I am sick of polymer and the ill fitting Glock (for me at least)--think I will sell the Glock 17 and get a CZ 75 Compact-have had a few in my hands over the yrs and was put off by the cost of CZ mags--but I hear MecGar is the way to go (even heard they manufacturer the factory mags--not sure if that's true). I just like steel-had a few CZ bolt actions and was very happy with them.

I'd hang on to the Glock and get the CZ in addition to it. There's just too much stuff around for Glocks to dismiss them and the way the political winds blow, a spare gun with plenty of available parts is a good idea.

scoose
July 26, 2016, 21:26
I'd hang on to the Glock and get the CZ in addition to it. There's just too much stuff around for Glocks to dismiss them and the way the political winds blow, a spare gun with plenty of available parts is a good idea.

Agreed

scoose
July 26, 2016, 21:30
Had a MiM part snap on an AR and a faulty extractor on a Glock so I started reading up on MiM.

I'm with you on MiM parts. I have read a lot of arguments pro and con on MiM parts. I had a MiM Slide Stop on a Para 40 pop without warning a couple years ago.

toys
July 26, 2016, 21:42
AFAIK, they dont. Yet.

I havent taking apart all of my CZs and dont plan to unless its needed.

who knows what will happen in the future.

I'm sure there is a statement someplace, somewhere....

"subject to change without notice"

AFA MIM parts go. As long as the parts is designed properly for the function there shouldn't be any problem.

current S&W revolver hammers are MIM. I believe the triggers are too and iirc, there is another part.

like anything else new, I'm sure they are getting the idea you cant use a MIM for everything. But with technology ever marking forward, you never know what the future will bring. I bet you would have never believed in your lifetime you could buy let along see a 3D printer.

Heat
July 26, 2016, 22:21

That's an idea!

fnogger
July 27, 2016, 18:35

I got 2 Mec Gars for my 75 BD (a 9mm with a hammer and da/sa capability should have a decocker!) and they are identical to the 2 factory mags. CDNN has been having them on sale every week or so for a while, I got 2 recently for $16 each. For a few dollars more you can get the Mec Gar branded ones w/ a blue follower and 17 round capacity (factory/OEM are 16 rounders)

Heat
August 13, 2016, 18:49
I emailed CZ about 2 weeks ago asking if they use MiM parts--never heard back. Same thing with A Uberti--emailed them and no response.

SWOHFAL
August 13, 2016, 21:28
I emailed CZ about 2 weeks ago asking if they use MiM parts--never heard back. Same thing with A Uberti--emailed them and no response.

They used to answer e-mails, around ten years ago, but recently, they seem to have gotten too big for their britches and can't be bothered - both here and in the Czech Republic.

Genetically Swiss
August 31, 2016, 14:50
They used to answer e-mails, around ten years ago, but recently, they seem to have gotten too big for their britches and can't be bothered - both here and in the Czech Republic.

Or it could mean they do use MIM parts now and don't want to have to explain why or defend their decision.

GS