PDA

View Full Version : nhm91 fte (extract)

HopsNHoppes
July 23, 2016, 13:57
So I've been having a problem with my norinco nhm 91, seeing if anyone else has had a similar issue and may be able to shed some light on what the problem may be, about 6 of the last 500 rounds I've put through it have failed to extract , no stove pipes , no double feeding just the casing remains lodged in the barrel , most of the time with extractor still locked on it. I've tried using different types of ammo from wolf, tulammo, some other lacquer coated surplus ammo. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

slavicshooter
July 23, 2016, 14:39
Might be worth it to do a long jump over to Mark(gunplumber) in Surprise, Az., and have him check to see if the weapon is okay. $$$ for peace of mind and safety, is money well spent. Don't KABOOM. All the best.~ss

Arizona Response Systems(ARS) Surprise, Arizona

July 23, 2016, 17:34
Sounds like a tight chamber. Try a deep clean on the chamber. You can do this by using an oversize brass brush. Chuck the cleaning rod in a rechargable drill. Scrub it real good. Then Drape a cleaning patch over the brush and clean some more.

yellowhand
July 24, 2016, 16:03
So I've been having a problem with my norinco nhm 91, seeing if anyone else has had a similar issue and may be able to shed some light on what the problem may be, about 6 of the last 500 rounds I've put through it have failed to extract , no stove pipes , no double feeding just the casing remains lodged in the barrel , most of the time with extractor still locked on it. I've tried using different types of ammo from wolf, tulammo, some other lacquer coated surplus ammo. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Was the back of the case tore off?
Zero gas to the system will cause the bolt to go back a little and then slam shut without extracting the case and not tearing the back end up.
Pictures of the cases would help.
And are you able to extract the whole case by hand operation, moving the bolt to the rear and spent case flies out after this happens?
If that's the case, trying cleaning your gas system up front where it bleeds gas off the barrel to operate the weapon.
Plugged gas hole will cause this.

TnHawk-45
July 24, 2016, 16:12
Some are also finding some of the newer ammo coatings cause cases to stick when chamber is hot. May want to scrub chamber, gas chamber, gas tube and try it again with different ammo. Also check the gas port is not fouled.

croftonaviation
July 24, 2016, 21:53
All I can add is welcome to the falfiles fellow Kingmanite.

HopsNHoppes
July 25, 2016, 19:42
No damage to the casings, and I can extract it by hand when it's lodged but there is a lot of resistance and takes a lot of force, gas systems are clean no blockages , i did notice more of the failures with the lacquer coated . I'll try a deep cleaning n different ammo and take photos next outing, thanks for the advice , and the welcoming

yellowhand
July 25, 2016, 20:43
No damage to the casings, and I can extract it by hand when it's lodged but there is a lot of resistance and takes a lot of force, gas systems are clean no blockages , i did notice more of the failures with the lacquer coated . I'll try a deep cleaning n different ammo and take photos next outing, thanks for the advice , and the welcoming

Take a piece of wire and a flash light.
Poke the wire down through gas hole and into the barrel, see if it goes all the way through.
The cases, not damaged, once fired, shoved back into the chamber, will be hard to extract, this is normal.
If you take a chamber brush, dipped in hoppes # 9 and attached to a drill will clean the chamber quickly.:biggrin:
Keep the speed down and keep the brush wet with #9 and give er a good cleaning.
One thing about AK's, they are not target weapons and its real hard to hurt them.
Welcome to the FF.;)

ALL FAL
July 28, 2016, 20:28
Nothing wrong with a chamber polishing either, it helps in my opinion, just don't over do it. I use an unfired casing starting with 800grit wet/dry paper or plastic back glued to case, steel cases work well. so 800, 1000, then 1200 is way fine enough, the chamber will blind you. Chamber has to be cleaned before and after. Forgot, drill out primer pocket and put in screw and nut to hold by drill motor. duhh. Hehe.

Yellowhand is spot on, so is Slavic shooter. Keep after it, you'll get it solved.

Welcome Hops.