PDA

View Full Version : New 22 ammo regs in CA

retired 1
July 22, 2016, 19:35
There has been little info on what 22 ammo is ok to use in CA. Is regular lead 22 ammo still usable? If so, when is the deadline when the new, leadless ammo must be used? Where can you buy the leadless ammo, and what does it cost?
Is it true that in CA you now have to get some kind of purchase permit just to buy ammo? And does that apply to 22 ammo?

Thank you in advance for helping me out.
Dan

L Haney
July 22, 2016, 20:49
Do you live in California?

retired 1
July 31, 2016, 23:34
1) No, I don't live in CA, but I have friends and relatives that do.
2) What difference does it make? Am I prohibited from learning aboiut things in other states?

Illurian00
August 01, 2016, 00:42
Yeah,,,what difference does it make ?

(I find myself saying that more & more ;))

BUFF
August 01, 2016, 05:53
"What difference does it make?"

Well, that worked for Hillary, if not for the 4 dead in Libya.

Illurian00
August 01, 2016, 13:46
"What difference does it make?"

Well, that worked for Hillary, if not for the 4 dead in Libya.

bingo.......

ByrnieMac
August 02, 2016, 19:22
http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg492/Byrnie_Mac/image_zpsc6lwimvk.png (http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/Byrnie_Mac/media/image_zpsc6lwimvk.png.html)

Nuttz
August 02, 2016, 19:31
1) No, I don't live in CA, but I have friends and relatives that do.
2) What difference does it make? Am I prohibited from learning aboiut things in other states?
You are gonna do so very well here! :facepalm:

kennaquhair
August 03, 2016, 00:20
From https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/hunting/nonlead-ammunition#25046249-what-are-the-regulations-and-options-for-hunting-with-22-caliber-or-smaller-rimfire-firearms Rimfire firearms are not legal in California for hunting or depredation take of big game animals or wild turkeys. Rimfire firearms are legal for take of nongame species and small game mammals. Beginning on July 1, 2015, certified nonlead rimfire ammunition will be required to take any wildlife species (game and nongame) on CDFW properties. The statewide requirement for use of nonlead rimfire when taking wildlife will go into effect on July 1, 2019.

Lead rimfire ammunition is still legal for non-hunting purposes. Exploration of all of the situations which might lead one to be cited by the nice CDFW officer is left to the reader.

kennaquhair
August 03, 2016, 00:45
From CA SB 1235 (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1235)
SEC. 2. Section 16150 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
16150. (a) As used in this part, except as specified in subdivision (b), “ammunition” means one or more loaded cartridges consisting of a primer case, propellant, and with one or more projectiles. “Ammunition” does not include blanks.
(b) As used in subdivision (a) of Section 30305 and in Section 30306, “ammunition” includes, but is not limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence. “Ammunition” does not include blanks.

Under subdivision (b) I am not sure whether all cartridges, magazines, clips, speed loaders, or autoloaders are considered ammunition or only those which are capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence. The inclusion of the word "bullet" in this subdivision might lead one to believe that this particular reloading component might be restricted.

The CA penal code is amended to require licensing of ammunition vendors doing business in California by Jan 1, 2018 and to "allow" a prospective purchaser of ammunition in the state to apply to CA DOJ for a ammunition purchase authorization by Jan 1, 2019. The new provisions are expected to have zero financial impact to state budget as they are to be self funded via reasonable recovery fees.

kennaquhair
August 03, 2016, 13:06
I am old enough to remember a television commercial in which a BIC stick pen is fired from a rifle into an oak board. The barrel of the pen disintegrates on impact, but the writing tip and ink supply tube survive and the writing tip protrudes sufficiently from the back side of the board that one could write with it. "Writes first time, every time."

Shooting a BIC pen out of a rifle(60's era comercial) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRLCjrzG4q8)

I imagine that this would provide sufficient documentation to qualify a BIC stick pen as a "projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence" and hence might require a ammunition purchase authorization card to buy after Jan 1, 2019. That would imply that your local stationery store ... .

Life in a state ruled by a Democrat super majority.

palmettomoon
August 04, 2016, 03:39
I found it to be less trouble to move from California than to try to understand and comply with the labyrinthine firearms laws.

Methane
August 05, 2016, 08:44
Do you live in California?

always with the technical rhetoric.

Tuhlmann
August 05, 2016, 11:12
I fuggin' love this place :love:

EinheitElf
August 07, 2016, 19:29
The ammo bill, which states every ammo purchase has to be done through an ffl, we have to pass a background check like buying a gun, and even means private friends trading selling GIVING ammo to anyone.. so no 'heres a box 'at the range stuff... F****K that crap... Anyway this shiit starts 1/1/18 so we have a year and a half to load up.
Also this crap applies to internet sale which violates the interstate commerce clause... There is a movement to challenge this in the courts also..

So again there is a year plus before it takes effect.

ALL FAL
August 07, 2016, 20:41
I had a dream about Kali a while back, the Blacks from Oakland started a Cleanup of the courts, yeah, they burnt them to a crisp with all the Kali Law makers inside, Sac was was completely Sacked, Lawmakers Hanged EVERWHERE, Patriots then rebuilt a GUN and HOG Based economy, THE END. :love: was one of my favorite dreams.

albacore
August 20, 2016, 21:12
Bloomberg and his stooges continue their work.

ALL FAL
August 25, 2016, 17:42
Bloomberg and his stooges continue their work.

SIX FEET UNDER would work well for those fugger's.

ftierson
August 25, 2016, 18:03
My WalMart here just got in some of the 21gr copper (non-lead) CCI .22LR ammo in stock.

Either they mixed up CO with CA or they know something I don't... :)

Forrest

STGThndr
December 12, 2016, 07:31
Sounds like cowliefornia has been californicated. God help the rest of us.... we are dying the death of 10000 cuts. This shit must cease!

aussiedave
December 30, 2016, 06:56
those are the standards for buying ammo in Australia, you have to show your license, they record the info on the license, then what ammo, primers, primed cases, you buy then you can go. this was in NSW last year. thieves were breaking into places that sold ammo, stealing the ammo registers then going housebreaking and targeting guns and ammo, registration works in the criminals favor.

ftierson
December 30, 2016, 10:15
those are the standards for buying ammo in Australia, you have to show your license, they record the info on the license, then what ammo, primers, primed cases, you buy then you can go. this was in NSW last year. thieves were breaking into places that sold ammo, stealing the ammo registers then going housebreaking and targeting guns and ammo, registration works in the criminals favor.

And often, the real criminals are the ones sitting in the government offices...

Forrest