PDA

View Full Version : Best Red Dot for MOS

Thorack
July 22, 2016, 17:43
Well,

Broke down and bought a Blue Box Glock 19 MOS. Got the tall suppressor sites and have been looking at the Vortex Viper or Burris Fastfire red dots. I could do the Trijicon RMR but doubt that its three times higher price makes it three times better than the other two. Especially since Vortex offers a lifetime warranty and Military pricing.

Any advice?

Thorack

Thorack
July 23, 2016, 04:47
Hmmm,

No dice here eh?

Thorack

paulb2112
July 23, 2016, 06:24
I am very happy with the fastfire on mine.

Tat2
July 23, 2016, 13:55
Well,

Broke down and bought a Blue Box Glock 19 MOS. Got the tall suppressor sites and have been looking at the Vortex Viper or Burris Fastfire red dots. I could do the Trijicon RMR but doubt that its three times higher price makes it three times better than the other two. Especially since Vortex offers a lifetime warranty and Military pricing.

Any advice?

Thorack

I am interested in getting an MOS model too after years of shooting Glocks. The RMR is the poster child for red dots on pistols.... But the view is pretty small and those batwings in each corner limit it more IMHO. It's hard to get used to "picking up the dot". When you first start shooting a dotted or Open (USPSA) pistol. So look for a bigger "window" to look though to make it easier

I bought a CMore RTS2 to put on a Sig MPX and play with for possible use on an MOS and I have been happy with it. The sight picture is HUGE. They are $399

For far less I would like to try a Vortex. Get the one with a bigger window and it will be far easier to pick up the dot.

T

Thorack
July 24, 2016, 19:20
Yeah,

Looking for a Red Dot that can allows cowitness with my tall suppressor sites. The Viper and Burris Fastfire II do that.

Thorack

Tat2
July 25, 2016, 04:31
Yeah,

Looking for a Red Dot that can allows cowitness with my tall suppressor sites. The Viper and Burris Fastfire II do that.

Thorack

Then you should go RMR... It's far more tacticool. All the cool operators use it...

T