PDA

View Full Version : Silencer Shop Sends $2M+ Worth Of NFA Stamp Applications In ONE Day

ratas calientes
July 19, 2016, 12:06
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/13/silencer-shop-sends-2m-worth-of-nfa-stamp-applications/#disqus_thread

Wow.

I hope these go on the BOTTOM of the pile. With mine on top.

TenTea
July 19, 2016, 12:27
Fuzzy math (assumptions), I know, but...

$2,000,000 / $200 = 10,000 stamps

Job security?
Patience is a virtue?
Hurry up and wait?
Get to the back of the line?
I am not a number, I'm a free man?
Bollocks!

meltblown
July 19, 2016, 12:59
[

I hope these go on the BOTTOM of the pile. With mine on top.

Had one in since January and another since February. Amen hot rat. Friend of mine got his just before Memorial day and sent in in mid December. I think the surge happened after the announcement

tac-40
July 19, 2016, 13:13
I overheard the guys at my LGS talking about some forms having to be post marked by a certain date this month or the existing paperwork had to be re-done and re-submitted. Not sure what, but this topic may have been caused by that get it mail by or else. Just like tax time - April 15th or else.:biggrin::facepalm:

2barearms
July 19, 2016, 13:33
I overheard the guys at my LGS talking about some forms having to be post marked by a certain date this month or the existing paperwork had to be re-done and re-submitted. Not sure what, but this topic may have been caused by that get it mail by or else. Just like tax time - April 15th or else.:biggrin::facepalm:

If you had a trust and you sent the forms in before July 13 you were grandfathered under your trust. After the 13th you have to get fingerprint cards, picture and send a note to your CLEO.

Blackmore
July 20, 2016, 10:32
It's too bad the Dems & Repubs are so polarized. The Hearing Protection Act currently in committee would make a suppressor a 4473 item rather than an NFA item. Any revenue lost from tax stamps would probably be more than made up for by the FET on all the additional suppressor sales.

sharkey
July 20, 2016, 15:41
Man that is going to plug things up for awhile...

In 1986 the average turnaround on a machinegun was 3 weeks and this was with paper records. How the mighty have fallen.

partisan50
July 21, 2016, 06:15
From 2004 to 2007ish my LLC/Corp transfers were 21 to 27 days door to door. That was a good time to be sending in forms

gunplumber
July 21, 2016, 08:17
How about grown men buy guns, silencers, or morphine, over the counter at their local mercantile. And dot gov stays out of it? Seemed to work pretty well for the first hundred years.

fmj_shooter
July 21, 2016, 08:53
How about grown men buy guns, silencers, or morphine, over the counter at their local mercantile. And dot gov stays out of it? Seemed to work pretty well for the first hundred years.

^This

Thaunk
July 21, 2016, 21:00
I don't necessarily have an issue with what they're doing but I would like them to do it well. If you can't turn around an application in a week you need to figure out why. I'm 5 months in and it looks like I've got at least another one to go.

Tat2
July 23, 2016, 13:58
I don't necessarily have an issue with what they're doing but I would like them to do it well. If you can't turn around an application in a week you need to figure out why. I'm 5 months in and it looks like I've got at least another one to go.

It's gunna take over a year for a suppressor now....trust or not. Nuts!

T

raubvogel
July 25, 2016, 10:26

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it.
If it keeps moving, regulate it.
And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
--Ronald Reagan (1986)

gunshooter
July 25, 2016, 14:21
I think sound suppressors on lawn mowers, automobiles and everything else should require a tax stamp as well!

All these items can be adapted as well and the items suppress sound!

July 26, 2016, 06:28
Wonder why it takes so long for peasants to get their stamps?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/timkel24102410/stuff/gov%20worker_zpsdtth47tf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/timkel24102410/stuff/professions-work-workers-works-paperwork-lazy-29603357_low_zpsl8dizknu.jpg

ALL FAL
July 26, 2016, 13:55

I agree. Never will buy a tax stamp to own an silencer.

Ok, The BATFE is a for profit CORPORATION Privately owned, NOT an .Gov institution, STOP sending them Your hard earned Money.

ByrnieMac
August 02, 2016, 19:31

I'm with you bud

downsouth
August 21, 2016, 09:21
My local dealer said yesterday he has not sold any NFA items post July 13.

Peconga
September 05, 2016, 13:02

Of course, this was the BATFE's objective in the first place. :facepalm:

New regulations make it harder to buy NFA products, which significantly reduces demand, which in turn collapses the market. Simultaneously expand the scope of ITAR and the EPA to prevent manufacturers from moving laterally into other gun-related businesses. Force them to either go out of business, or accept their new role as specialty suppliers to government agencies exclusively. Mission accomplished.

Eighty years of data show that suppressors have nothing to do with violent crime, nor does the legal form of ownership for NFA regulated items i.e. individual, trust, corporation, or agency. The only purpose for such regulations is to extract money and perpetuate government control of the populace, plain and simple.

Louis
October 04, 2016, 16:45
Just a quick update for those who care. I bought a can on 08Jul through their website and used their trust software package as well. Got an email from them today saying my form 3 was approved and the can is en route to my dealer. Didn't expect that so soon.

meltblown
October 04, 2016, 16:58
Weird. Mine got back yesterday and was submitted at the end of Feb. are you sure your form 4 was approved or the can was licensed?

Louis
October 04, 2016, 17:23
Weird. Mine got back yesterday and was submitted at the end of Feb. are you sure your form 4 was approved or the can was licensed?

Form 4 is still pending, just got an email stating that the form 3 was approved and the can was headed to the dealer I am using.

tac-40
October 04, 2016, 19:36
Mine took about 2 weeks for the FFL to FFL transfer to be approved. Had to wait 4 months for the can to be located in stock so the transfer could take place. Seems the July drop dead date for trusts outstripped the inventory causing delays all up the production and sale chain.

partisan50
October 09, 2016, 07:09

I have not bought anything since before the deadline. I really did not feel like waiting a year plus for my stuff.

But the plus side is when the manufactures catch up in production and there will be a glut of cans the prices will probably come down to entice buyers to buy under the new rules.