PDA

View Full Version : MSAR Microtech all Stainless AUG??

nearmisses
July 16, 2016, 18:23
Does anyone here know about a limited production run of MSAR's in all stainless steel parts? My dealer was telling me a customer of his was selling one that had a case and paperwork saying 19 of 32. Does this ring any bells or just set off an alarm? Anyone know the value, says like new.

hansellhd
July 17, 2016, 10:00
Does anyone here know about a limited production run of MSAR's in all stainless steel parts? My dealer was telling me a customer of his was selling one that had a case and paperwork saying 19 of 32. Does this ring any bells or just set off an alarm? Anyone know the value, says like new.

I don't think MSAR ever built such a weapon. I own a Stg556 and have been following the MSAR story for years.

nearmisses
July 18, 2016, 00:44
I'll do some more research and see if he has any photos and a serial number. He was adament it was all stainless steel parts and a very limited only 32, production run. I need to know. Curiosity being what it is and all.

nearmisses
August 18, 2016, 20:15
Found out it isn't ALL SS just internal as has been said. It is a black SWAT-0019 Limited Edition in a Pelican case with knife and a bunch of mags. anyone know anthing about it? He wants 3000.00. Just curious as he says value is 3500.00?? We know what that means, it's what someone will pay. Any guesses!??

STG77
September 17, 2016, 08:04
You'll find maybe 5 people in the entire US who would be willing to spend $3000 on that particular MSAR package.
Its value might be $3500 to the seller, but realistically the gun alone is worth maybe $1200 at best, even with it being "special".

Found out it isn't ALL SS just internal as has been said. It is a black SWAT-0019 Limited Edition in a Pelican case with knife and a bunch of mags. anyone know anthing about it? He wants 3000.00. Just curious as he says value is 3500.00?? We know what that means, it's what someone will pay. Any guesses!??

pikey
October 09, 2016, 15:48
Some of the STG556 bolt carriers where made of cast ss. They had a high rate of failure. The braze joints that held the operating rod in place would sometime fail.

I hate it for who ever bought that special edition MSAR there is no way they will get close to what they paid for it.

moonbat60
October 09, 2016, 16:16
Chances that it might just be nickel plated or chromed ?

ddbtoth
October 13, 2016, 15:37
And make sure the mag release has been updated, or it a pieces and parts gun.

nearmisses
October 17, 2016, 21:16
Thanks for the help guys, no 223 is worth that much to me. I really could not see it being that much of a big deal. Appreciate it!