PDA

View Full Version : Remington V3 syn.

gates
July 14, 2016, 12:56
Anyone here have one? thoughts. Looking at one for field use and sporting clays when I don't want to beat up my A400.

gates
July 16, 2016, 10:42
No one has one of these?

bulletslap
July 16, 2016, 20:11
I don't own one but two of my hunting buddies have them, seems like a solid dependable gun.

One friend bought his as a replacement for a Super Eagle that let him down in the field on a few occasions.

Latest autoloader shotgun I own is a Super X-1, but if I wanted a new autoloader for waterfowl the v3 would be at the top of the list.

gates
July 20, 2016, 11:28
Picked it up, have not shot it yet, fairly light, decent looking - for an all weather synthetic, came with two extra chokes and a wrench but no shims. I'll test it out on some clays this weekend.

gates
July 21, 2016, 14:24
Took it to the range over lunch - 2 boxes of shells (1 1/8 7 shot and 7/8 8 shot) cycled 100%, fairly light shotgun at 7 1/4 lbs but recoil wasn't much of an issue - call it 2/3 of what the 828u puts out.

EASY to hit with, swings well and shoulders (for me) pretty much dead on. REALLY nice semi shotgun for $700 and change, I could see this as a "do it all - year round" gun for the guy who just wants ONE hunting shotgun that you can also use for clays.

5*