PDA

View Full Version : Browning Hi Power barrel sources.

jshema
July 06, 2016, 04:15
Already called Browning about a new barrel and have looked at the major distributors and after almost having a coronary at the prices, does anyone have a source for barrels under $300? Was there a massive run on these that I missed as a lot of places are sold out?

1911NM
July 06, 2016, 04:52
Bar-Sto. A semi-fit model dropped right into my Israeli surplus gun.

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=BHP

pl521
July 06, 2016, 06:00
Recommend posting a WTB ad in the marketplace. A Fal member may one available.

tdb59
July 06, 2016, 11:51
Bar-Sto. A semi-fit model dropped right into my Israeli surplus gun.

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=BHP

Yup.

Irv and Barbara started an excellent product line.

I believe Irv Jr. is operating the company now.

jshema
July 06, 2016, 13:36
Thanks guys!! Thought I looked at their site, must have missed this one.

Retired Bum
July 06, 2016, 15:29
Be very careful when looking at so called factory barrels for the BHP. Barrels made in Hungary, Argentina, Israel, and the P.I. just to name a few may or may not correctly fit into a FN made BHP slide.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

hueyville
July 11, 2016, 19:27
Have used Bar-Sto barrels in the past and never dissatisfied. Have one of their 45 acp six inch barrels threaded 0.578"28 that would have been perfect for an existing pistol to host my new can but needed an excuse for new pistol.

What would be interested to know is if the Bar-Sto would fit in my Canadian Inglis Hi Power being made to converted inch dimensions on inch machine equipment. Enjoy shooting the Inglis but since it is nicer than most examples have seen not counting the pristine units still with Maple Leaf decal think using an aftermarket barrel along with aftermarket springs (originals in box marked as belonging to the Inglis) would maintain it if they become more desirable to collect.

When purchased my Inglis they were rare. Then Canadian government released a fair number of worn models on the U.S. market making them less rare. Like 1911's went on a kick trying to put together as complete of a Hi Power collection as possible without spending an extraordinary amount of money. If the Bar-Sto wouldn't fit the Inglis would be sure to drop into something. Amazing how many spare parts a man needs to keep around.

Bladewurk
July 11, 2016, 22:30
Hi Powers are not thought of as a modern popular handgun and barrels are not as plentiful. You may find a new old stock KKM or BarSto tho.

Factory barrels are mini-bar priced but Ebay and Gunbroker sometimes have nice used barrels and parts. Member Ricketts has one on Ebay now..

Good Luck

K.O.A.M.
July 12, 2016, 14:04
I'm in the process of tricking out an Israeli surplus pistol. The only aftermarket source I could find was Bar-Sto. They had them in stock, so I ordered one and it got here before my pistol-that had a mint barrel. I've got a few more parts to buy before I take it all to the gunsmith.