PDA

View Full Version : Vector Arms V53 Rifle

EastgermanDDRguy
June 22, 2016, 20:30
I'm going to be getting into one of these soon and have some questions. First off is how reliable are they? Mine is an early CSS reciver from Butfl,UT. Second is there fitting required to get a real HK53 handguard put in in place of the MP5 one? Lastly is where is a good place to find mags for this bad chicken it seems all are either pro mah or way to expensive. Thanks all!

hkshooter
June 23, 2016, 08:14
Generally reliable with the proper locking piece, yes.

No.

ProMag is it unless you pony up for HK or contract. HK mags are best and most expensive. Contract 40 rd and alloy mags generally run but can be problematic.
MKE mags are reported to run well but need a tiny mod to lock into some rifles. ProMag and MKE are considered range mags, HK for serious business.

hagar
June 23, 2016, 08:19
Keep your eye open for real HK mags, and be patient. I scored 2 25 round HK93 mags for $60 a couple of years ago, and just a couple of weeks ago, bought 3 30 rounders for $55 shipped. Real genuine law enforcement only HK93 mags, the guy obviously did not have a clue what they were worth.

I have 1 Promag, and the little I shot it, it worked ok.

EastgermanDDRguy
June 23, 2016, 09:29
Generally reliable with the proper locking piece, yes.

No.

ProMag is it unless you pony up for HK or contract. HK mags are best and most expensive. Contract 40 rd and alloy mags generally run but can be problematic.
MKE mags are reported to run well but need a tiny mod to lock into some rifles. ProMag and MKE are considered range mags, HK for serious business.

Do vectors not come with the proper one?

hkshooter
June 23, 2016, 11:26

Don't know, never bought a Vector.

mp
June 23, 2016, 11:29
The plastic MKE's work dandy if you want to save wear and tear on the pricey HK mags.

Near Sighted Sniper
June 23, 2016, 18:36

I bought a Vector V-53 pistol years ago, still have it. It shipped with a H&K 40 round mag