PDA

View Full Version : First SBR and Suppressor

PASHOOTER
June 20, 2016, 15:58
Sent in my paper work on May 10 for a PSA 9mm SBR. Also purchased a Thompson machine ISIS 2 suppressor for it. These will be my first NFA items and have a question about suppressors. I hear people talk about " 1st round pop" what is this? I have only fired a suppressed carbine one time when my buddy bought his UZI subgun back in 94.

L Haney
June 20, 2016, 18:46
First round pop is real. Somebody here with more experience told me it's caused by atmospheric O2 in the can. After the first shot and for some time after, subsequent shots are noticeably quieter.

Let it sit a few minutes and it's back.

I haven't given mine a snort of nitrogen to double check that but now I just might.

ftierson
June 20, 2016, 18:54
In addition, if you cleaned the can with some volatile cleaner and it is still somewhat atomized in the can, the first shot will light it off too...

Forrest

Artful
June 20, 2016, 19:49
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RHLiKk1QWws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elkaholic
June 24, 2016, 00:56
Congrats on your first SBR and can. :biggrin:

I have to warn you they are like crack. When I got into SBR's and can's I was only going to do 1 one of each. :rolleyes:

13 stamps later, and the checks going out tomorrow for 2 more :tongue:

Don't get hung up on the first round POP. Yes, there is a little difference but who cares? I have cans from 22lr to 300 win mag. The only cans you should/can run wet is pistol caliber