PDA

View Full Version : Shout-out to R1Shooter and DSA

Nuttz
June 13, 2016, 10:16
As a lot of you know, I had a Kaboom (case rupture) in my DSA Carbine (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376044&page=4) during Stimp's FAL Match in Georgia and the cause was identified after a closer inspection. I contacted R1Shooter and informed him about how f@cked up my chamber was and he and his folks at DSA took amazing care of me, regardless of the fact that the damage was done by someone else. R1Shooter had it re-barreled, timed, and head-spaced. He also did a fantastic job on the trigger, which was not very nice as triggers go, IMHO. I got my FAL back last Friday and it runs like a sewing machine and the trigger is amazing. I only had time to run a couple of magazines though it fairly rapid. I will get back out this week and do some accuracy testing with it and see how well I can get it to group with a few different kinds of ammo. Thank you R1Shooter and DSA for taking great care of me and my FAL!

hagar
June 13, 2016, 10:19
Good to hear this!:beer:

kotengu
June 13, 2016, 13:19
Fantastic!

Louis
June 13, 2016, 14:25
Great news, can't think of a better outcome. I know you will enjoy it!

Invictus77
June 13, 2016, 16:00
Great news bro. Glad this worked out for you.

Illurian00
June 13, 2016, 17:13
I suspect this might be the vaunted and extremely rare DSA Designated Marksperson rifle.

Use some decent ammo next range trip. Awaiting range report :)

Nuttz
June 13, 2016, 17:39
I suspect this might be the vaunted and extremely rare DSA Designated Marksperson rifle.

Use some decent ammo next range trip. Awaiting range report :)
If it is, I will sell it here for "One Million Dollars"... Right after I sell this bridge in London that I need to dump in less than a month! :]

kotengu
June 13, 2016, 18:14

With a name like Nuttz can't we call it a MarksMAN rifle? Has PC infected even the FAL Files?

Please don't ask him to prove his manhood - there are some things you cannot unsee. :cry:

Louis
June 13, 2016, 19:22
:bow:If it is, I will sell it here for "One Million Dollars"... Right after I sell this bridge in London that I need to dump in less than a month! :]

I see what you did there. Your too much man :bow::whiskey:

Nuttz
June 13, 2016, 19:26
:bow: I see what you did there. You ARE too much MAN :bow::whiskey:
FIFY, and I think this is what Kotengu is saying too! His fault for knocking on my door when I warned him what he would see!!! :eek:

Invictus77
June 13, 2016, 19:37
His fault for knocking on my door when I warned him what he would see!!! :eek:

While I really appreciate your generous offer to stay with you in GA when they had our reservation screwed up, I am now extra glad they squeezed us in so Blondzilla did not get an eyeful :eek:

She "knows" what 12" looks like and does not need any info to the contrary :whistling:

kotengu
June 13, 2016, 23:06
FIFY, and I think this is what Kotengu is saying too! His fault for knocking on my door when I warned him what he would see!!! :eek:

There was no warning ahead of time, or I never would have knocked!

I dunno about 12", but that 3rd leg sure made him run slow in Oklahoma. :rofl:

Nuttz
June 14, 2016, 07:27
...that 3rd leg sure made him run slow in Oklahoma...
...or maybe after you saw it, you just ran a whole lot faster? :biggrin:

That is enough about my "gun". I am heading to the range with the FALs (DSA and the Argy) and the cameras. I don't have "large tracks of land" that I need to sell in less than a month, so I am taking the day off to go shoot. :fal:

If I squeeze anything outta these two that even remotely looks like MOA quality, I will edit my results to reflect 2+ MOA or better. Can't be competing with Alexander Dumbass and all! :]

Illurian00
June 14, 2016, 14:34
With a name like Nuttz can't we call it a MarksMAN rifle? Has PC infected even the FAL Files?

Please don't ask him to prove his manhood - there are some things you cannot unsee. :cry:

ezee pikkins' :D

Nuttz
June 14, 2016, 18:52
Range Reports posted:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401916

Bug Tussell
June 14, 2016, 19:34
Glad to hear DSA squared your rifle away.