PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable stock for Anschutz Match 64

JukkaR
June 12, 2016, 12:28
Hi there.

I bought few years ago an almost unused Anschutz Match 64. It shoots very fine but the stock is something I'd call barely usable. The cheekpiece is way too thick or high and it would require at least 1-2 additional butt shims/extenders to be long enough.

What I've learned so far the 54 series stocks don't fit with 64 series irons so I'd need a true 64'ish stock.

I'm looking for a replacement stock with adjustable cheekpiece and adjustable butt, preferred without shim plates. Any links to international sellers are appreciated.

JukkaR
July 08, 2016, 09:33
Anyone knows?

CG&L
July 08, 2016, 10:03
Some may not agree but, IMO, Boyds stocks are some of the most excellent stocks that have ever been produced

They are laminated wood stocks. Much better than synthetic stock. Wood has better harmonics, consistent materials and can be easily modified to suite any need

On consistent materials. With a synthetic stock, you never know if the plastic is any good, or there are voids in the synthetics, etc....
Laminated wood is laminated wood. Always consistent

The link is to a Boyds, Pro Varmint Anshutz64. Starting price is $129 before custom mods. You'll see where you can get an adjustable comb(cheek piece) and a stock length of your choice without shims

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ConfigurePackage?ItemNumber=8EA68251G1ZZ

I highly recommend Boyds stocks
If you have any questions, PM me

JukkaR
July 23, 2016, 07:23
Many thanks, this seems quite promising. I'll check this out.