PDA

View Full Version : Good Kill

V guy
June 06, 2016, 16:28
I watched the movie "Good Kill" on Showtime this weekend, twice.

It is set in 2010.

It is about an AF Major who used to fly jets, who is now assigned to fly drones over Afghanistan and the Middle East...................from a metal storage container, located on the AF base in Las Vegas. He will never fly jets again, as Obama closes down the flying mission of the US Air Force.

This takes place at the height of the Obama administration's huge expansion of drone attacks, over those executed during the Bush years.

Bush used to capture terrorists and gather intel, but Obama just hits them with drones. Obama is up into the thousands of attacks now.

In any case the good Major is having a moral conflict over killing people; hadji's who are just standing around the "sandbox", holding AK-47's.

Lots of good drone footage and explosive hits, just what Hollywood is good at creating.

The Major had no problems killing hadji's when he was flying F-16's, but he now has a gorgeous latino co-pilot at his side, and does not like his job anymore.......his buddies are not so morally conflicted

I will not spoil the plot for you, but it was a good watch. I especially liked the hadji hits. Good acting.

I give it 4 stars.

oleblu72
June 06, 2016, 19:29
You can never get rid of to many of them we have a huge surplus of them.

Mark

Bubacus
June 09, 2016, 06:08
I think 4 stars is a good rating. I thought it was good as well.

ALL FAL
June 12, 2016, 21:11
Hmm, I'll give it a watch, Thanks.

I know exactly who those Drones should be pointed AT. :rofl: