PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm soon to be the owner of a Benelli M3

jcornss
June 05, 2016, 19:14
Any of you guys have one?

pre1989
June 07, 2016, 00:15
Not a M3 but a earlier model ..Great gas system

The price of the pre ban models of the m2 and such have prevent me from getting more ( I prefer the mag tube to be org and factory correct )

ray55classic
June 07, 2016, 00:26
I had one for a few years, they're nice dependable shotguns. Is yours Hk marked ? Mine was.
I went whole hog with mine , both the std & pistol grip stock, a barrel mounted laser
and a correct vent ribbed sport barrel with all the chokes to make it the perfect do everything shotgun.
They're cool shotguns I really regret letting mine go.

If you decide you'd like to get the correct sporting barrel with screw in chokes to make it the perfect do everything shotgun ,
PM me I have one I might let go of.

PS I have a few more M3 items around here also

M90A1
June 07, 2016, 09:09
I've had my HK marked version for about 25 years. Got it when they first came out. It has the pistol grip stock and ghost-ring sights. Sent it to Robar and had it finished in NP3. This has to be one of the most durable finishes ever. The M3 has to be one of the most reliable shotguns ever devised by man. I've never had it stutter when firing in semi, but having the capability of being able to select pump mode is reassuring. Plus, having the pump mode means it can shoot any 12 ga. loading ever devised.

As an aside to pre1989, the predecessors to the M3, the M121 M1 and M1 Super 90, are not gas operated. :confused: These Benellis work off of inertia.

jcornss
June 08, 2016, 20:24
I had one for a few years, they're nice dependable shotguns. Is yours Hk marked ? Mine was.
I went whole hog with mine , both the std & pistol grip stock, a barrel mounted laser
and a correct vent ribbed sport barrel with all the chokes to make it the perfect do everything shotgun.
They're cool shotguns I really regret letting mine go.

If you decide you'd like to get the correct sporting barrel with screw in chokes to make it the perfect do everything shotgun ,
PM me I have one I might let go of.

PS I have a few more M3 items around here also

You know, I didn't think to ask if it was HK marked and I didn't get a close up pic of the side of the receiver. The way it's configured, I'm thinking it is an HK import. 20" barrel with rifle sights and what appears to be the factory one piece 7 shot mag tube. I'd like to know the details on what you have.

I have an HK imported M1S90 that I set up for 3 gun. It's been awesome and reliable with every kind of ammo I've thrown at it. It's even been full of rain water in a downpour and still ran like top. They are beautifully simple. I've seen several 1100s choke with the shooters tearing them apart between stages, trying to get them running again. That M1S90 just runs .....

My 13 year old daughter is on a shooting team and skeet shooting is one of their events. She was shooting a borrowed 20 gauge and I talked her into trying the M1 one day. I took the extended mag tube off and she's been shooting it ever since. The only girl on the team shooting a 12 gauge lol. She has managed to "limp wrist" a couple of times. She just has to lean into it.

So...... It seemed I was needing a new 3 gun shotgun. And since I sometimes run a FAL, it made sense to get an M3 so I can use it in pump mode. I wasn't able to find any rule about convertible pump/ autos . I really don't think they'll care as long as they see me shucking shells through via the forend. I would have rather had one with ghost ring sights but I'm gonna give the rifle sights a try.