PDA

View Full Version : Trust or individual after rule change?

Timber Wolf
June 05, 2016, 10:42
Being green as grass on this stuff, to a fellow who will (maybe) buy one or two Class III items (maybe a SBR and suppressor) is there any reason to go with a trust or just wait till after the rule change and go individual? As I understand it, after the rule change the CLEO sign off goes away for individuals. Skool me.

D P Six
June 05, 2016, 12:28
The one advantage of a trust which remains after 'the change' is that multiple persons can use the restricted items without your supervision. No LEO signoff will be required for trust or individual but I believe fingerprint cards will now be required for both trust and individual. If I was considering a trust now instead of when I did acquire it, I would just register items as an individual. This 'change' could have gone very badly if a signoff would be required on both trust and individual.

Mindfield
June 05, 2016, 12:35
Trust has advantages but for simplicity I'll be doing individual. Think I'll finally make my m4orgery a true 14.5 if I don't go shorter

CG&L
June 05, 2016, 12:52
The objective of the ATF was to do away with the Trust. By law, they couldn't do this. It would have taken Congress to change the law.

What they did was make remove the CLEO sing-off for everything and require pics, fingerprints, etc for a Trust . This effectively makes the Trust route the same as doing it as an individual.

What the ATF did was illegal. They can remove the CLEO sign-off by saying it's an obsolete requirement but they cannot add requirements.

They(the ATF) knew what they were doing was illegal but no one, probably no one, would contest the 41p rule change.

When Hillary gets elected, the ATF may go full retard and make ARs, FALs and every other magazine fed rifle a Class III item

They will also do away with Trust. There will be no problem from the Supreme Court when Hillary appoints a hard left liberal.
Our chickenshit Congress will approve her nomination