PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Revolver

Bakwa352
June 03, 2016, 17:08
Is anyone else curious about the Kimber K6s?
Or did anyone get a chance to handle one at shot show this year?
I heard they were going to be on the market sometime this summer. Anyone know when?

Just curious myself. Seems like there is some potential for something cool here.

SWOHFAL
June 03, 2016, 19:05
Too much $$$ for something unproven from a company whose reputation ebbs and flows. Also on the ugly side. If I want something small enough for my pocket, there's a S&W product that fits the bill. If I want a heavy-duty .357 snub, the SP101 fills the niche.

Will C
June 03, 2016, 21:08
I think SWOHFAL summed it up pretty well. As someone with a fair-sized revolver collection of Smiths, Colts and Rugers, I do not find Kimber's revolver very interesting. Betting it will end up as a curiosity like that hideous Chiappa Rhino abomination. But if you like it, just ignore us and get one. Then report back to the Files and let us know if it's any good or not.

BUFF
June 03, 2016, 22:27
I understand, from a fellow who handled and shot them at the shot show, they are manufactured in France by Mahurin, or whoever it was that made the post-war Walther PPs.

SWOHFAL
June 04, 2016, 00:11
I understand, from a fellow who handled and shot them at the shot show, they are manufactured in France by Mahurin, or whoever it was that made the post-war Walther PPs.

I want an MR-73. I do not want this.

nvcdl
June 04, 2016, 07:53
Looks nice - if it can shoot they will probably sell a few.

justashooter
June 04, 2016, 21:00
so kimber is gonna fux something else up and charge an arm and a leg to do it???

W.E.G.
June 04, 2016, 21:24
Some people will pay to bend over just because they want to see what one that big feels like.

Glad I didn't get that proclivity.

bulletslap
June 04, 2016, 21:52
Kebco llc is putting together an order of mr-73s, I believe that since Chapis took over from manurhin they are special run only item. I want a 3 inch to go with my current 4 inch mr-73. I would need to sell a kidney to afford one unfortunately. However I would buy one these mr-73 before a kimber.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/pistols/manurhin/manurhin-mr73.cfm?gun_id=100666856

Bakwa352
June 07, 2016, 06:57
I guess I have more hope than most. A 6-shot almost J-frame sounds pretty nice to me. Didn't know Mahurin was in on this. Interesting..

bulletslap
June 08, 2016, 22:18
The Kimber looks a lot like the Manurhin FR1 and MR88 that were a collaboration with Ruger.

ALL FAL
June 12, 2016, 21:05
so kimber is gonna fux something else up and charge an arm and a leg to do it???

That there is funny AND, so true. :rofl: