PDA

View Full Version : Bud's P229 40 S&W's

MAINER
June 01, 2016, 08:01
Anyone give me some info on these? What kind of shape are the pistols in, good buy or run? Are 10 round mags available for folks living in the Iron Curtain states?

Thanks

pre1989
June 01, 2016, 12:51
Anyone give me some info on these? What kind of shape are the pistols in, good buy or run? Are 10 round mags available for folks living in the Iron Curtain states?

Thanks

Buds wont mess with subing mags and normal wont ship

Yes 10 round state legal mags are around

I hate buds and have been burned by LEO trade in before ( good shape mean crap shape )

Mind you I am in the minior most people like them

Issue is with BUDS is they miss rep a lot of things .. Or say its this but not this

This to me is a big deal as a lot of the latest 226/229 trade in have been DAK model ie double action only which to some is a big deal

MAINER
June 01, 2016, 15:35
Buds wont mess with subing mags and normal wont ship

Yes 10 round state legal mags are around

I hate buds and have been burned by LEO trade in before ( good shape mean crap shape )

Mind you I am in the minior most people like them

Issue is with BUDS is they miss rep a lot of things .. Or say its this but not this

This to me is a big deal as a lot of the latest 226/229 trade in have been DAK model ie double action only which to some is a big deal

"This to me is a big deal as a lot of the latest 226/229 trade in have been DAK model ie double action only which to some is a big deal"

Yeah, that's a big deal to me too. Thanks for the info. Guess I'm giving this a pass.

hagar
June 01, 2016, 15:40
I may have a couple of 10 round Sig 229 mags that I would sell if you need some. Don't remember how many I have, I was really into the 229's in the 90's when the "assault weapons" ban was in place.

With Bud's it is the luck of the draw.

And personally I HATE DAO pistols, but don't mind striker fired pistols. Always had the idea a cocked Sig 226 would make a great offensive weapon, a Glock 19 a great defensive one.

SPEEDGUNNER
June 02, 2016, 11:53
And personally I HATE DAO pistols, but don't mind striker fired pistols. Always had the idea a cocked Sig 226 would make a great offensive weapon, a Glock 19 a great defensive one.

^^^Yes, this...^^^

pre1989
June 02, 2016, 17:52
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_28/products_id/719006782/Handguns/Sig+Sauer/Sig+Sauer+P229+40S%26W+W3+Mags+Used+Police+Trade

So Buds

1. They dont tell or show any non stock pics so who know what your getting .Pics show night sights ..Maybe maybe not
2. Oh look you have to join there stupid club to get it ..Normal Buds there ..Oh look the deal is good lets either A yank and charge you back or B make you join our stupid club

Buds I would never buy a gun from if I wanted or did not want a certian set up ie DAK or DAO etc they are very bad about that

Ever where else I buy LEO trads from you at min get a photo of at least one of the trade in so you can judge avg wear ..They will say NS or not

How Bud is still around I dont know

MAINER
June 02, 2016, 20:33
I may have a couple of 10 round Sig 229 mags that I would sell if you need some. Don't remember how many I have, I was really into the 229's in the 90's when the "assault weapons" ban was in place.

With Bud's it is the luck of the draw.

If you have a few that you would part with, I have a friend in hostile territory that may need some "if the P 229 is made after 1991", pre-91's are OK with 12 round mags. They are still looking for a 229 right now. Trying to help, but all the communist BS is making it difficult. :redface:

ps: I'm not real fond of DAO stuff myself. They PTB in these area's must not trust their PoPo's with normal firearms. Trying to squeeze off a difficult shot with a DAO just suks.

MistWolf
June 04, 2016, 06:52
I'd rather deal with a DAO than a DA/SA

MAINER
June 04, 2016, 09:47
Why? DAO is double action on every shot, right? Whereas SA/DA is DA on the first shot and subsequent shots are SA. On a DAO, the hammer can't be cocked for a SA shot? I have zero trigger time on Sigs.

I can understand equipping LE and Security types with a DAO and those who shoot/train little and just keep a pistol for emergency situations.

Just asking.

meltblown
June 04, 2016, 09:48
Why? DAO is double action on every shot, right? Whereas SA/DA is DA on the first shot and subsequent shots are SA. On a DAO, the hammer can't be cocked for a SA shot? I have zero trigger time on Sigs.

I can understand equipping LE and Security types with a DAO and those who shoot/train little and just keep a pistol for emergency situations.

Just asking for your viewpoint.

You are correct.

MAINER
June 04, 2016, 09:57
Gee, that was easier than I thought it would be. :)

MistWolf
June 04, 2016, 10:16
Because the DAO trigger is the same, every pull. I don't like the transition of the DA/SA and it's not worth wasting ammo to train for

MAINER
June 04, 2016, 13:35
Because the DAO trigger is the same, every pull. I don't like the transition of the DA/SA and it's not worth wasting ammo to train for

Understand that, spent quite a bit of time and much .357 ammo trying to develop some DA skill with revolvers. The N frame S&W's quickly became a favorite.
All good if you have a pistol with a good DA trigger, many semi-autos have a heavy DA pull.

No transition here either, I like the 1911's.

MistWolf
June 05, 2016, 14:14
I had a pair of S&W 4006 pistols when they first came out and had the triggers worked on. Single action was crisp and came in around 4.5 pounds and the double action real smooth and probably it felt like it came in around 8 or 9 pounds. But I never liked going from DA to SA. Looking back on it, I should have had them converted to DAO. That DA action on both 4006s were fantastic