PDA

View Full Version : New IWI 308 Galil

Thorack
May 06, 2016, 14:11
Well,

Ive been watching for years now to see when these come out. They have been out in Israel since 2012. Its the ultimate AK and I would sell all my AK's for the one of these.

Has anyone heard anything more and know if these are coming out this year?

Thorack

slavicshooter
May 06, 2016, 14:47
I must admit, sir, that I too have been watching for the release of the IWI Galil. Sadly, I have already liquidated all AK standard rifles, and only possess the AES10B, which as you know, I purchased recently. Re-outfitting my small, yet practical,(for me)weapons cache, had included a Galil. I've nearly given up hope, coming very close to just buying an Arsenal AK and calling it a day. I am attentive to the advice of members like yourself and a long list of FalFiles members, that are "current" in the AK world. When I see the posts from this collective group, I read every detail. This holds true when MSgt nuttz posts about the exploits of his Savage bolt action. For over a decade I wanted a long range bolt action, but my vision and optics have had a long running feud. WEG's recent thread on optics may change that into reality.

I am a rifle shooter, not a builder, so I don't mind spending money for reliability. I'll probably give it until the end of the year for promising news from IWI. Let's hope they come through.~ss

Growler Gator
May 07, 2016, 19:08
I was watching Vice News on Youtube yesterday. It was a segment on Mexican black tar heroin. Around minute 12:45 the camra crew visits a Mexican village that has been abandoned due to cartel activity. The Mexican agents/security assigned to the camera crew are in civilian clothes but are armed with the new IWI Galil Ace in .308.

That's the first time I've seen a Galil Ace in the wild. I was surpurised to see it in Mexico.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_PQ407GkOs

VALMET
May 07, 2016, 21:51
I recall the "debut" of the IWI ACE rifle in 7.62x39 at SHOT in 2015 and IIRC they were telling folks they were shipping that March. By last summer Atlantic Firearms had them on their website at $1699 for pre-order and were quickly sold out. I'm unsure if any of those pre-ordered guns were actually delivered but I've yet to see an ACE other than in the pistol config. Seeing as we haven't really seen any in the last year in 7.62x39, one can only guess when the 7.62 NATO will be available? One can hope...

wanneroo
May 08, 2016, 10:45
They certainly seemed to slow down the introduction of these rifles. I think I'd have to look at one in person to see what I think.

xtremerange
May 08, 2016, 11:53
If they are just going to get banned in the US next year, why would they bother?

spider991
May 08, 2016, 14:30
The 7.62 I would like to see, the x39...nah, 1800.00 for a fancy ak is not in my budget

Thorack
May 08, 2016, 14:49
xtremerange,

I really dont know what a Pres Hitlery could do more than the current Pres. I was hoping to get one before anyone else does something stupid.

Thorack

Barbcue
May 08, 2016, 16:13
Robski from AKOU has a little info on these..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LB-15sfyIiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

spider991
May 08, 2016, 19:35
16in barrel. ..ohhh my.....

Thorack
May 08, 2016, 21:04
Well,

Looks like I'll be selling all my AK's in late JUN. Woohooo!!!

Thorack

M62/M76
May 12, 2016, 00:47
I'm voting for Trump!

He is our only hope now...

LKY_13
May 12, 2016, 10:56
I'm voting for Trump!

He is our only hope now...

:facepalm:

:shithitfan:

That is all.

xtremerange
May 12, 2016, 11:32
My comment was about Trump and Hillary. Trump's own words:

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."
Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

Like the Bush Jr. barrel ban, executive actions can halt the flow of imported firearms or critical parts at almost anytime. A new interpretation of the the term sporting purpose like Bush Sr. administration did in 1989 can always be done.

xtremerange
May 12, 2016, 13:01
Lest anyone thing I am against the Republicans only, Bill Clinton signed and is still proud of the 1994 assault weapon ban.

It looks like the only President in the last 30 years that hasn't taken active steps against black guns is Obama.

ALL FAL
May 12, 2016, 20:28
ExtremeRange, WTF was Fast and furious? DURRP?

xtremerange
May 13, 2016, 08:44
Fast and Furious gave/sold guns to people who were not legally allowed to buy them. The next step in the plan would probably have been to say "look at all these guns, the US needs to do something, for the children of Mexico".

However, it never got far enough to know what their political plan and messaging was going to be (or even if there was a plan - they are govt employees).

All we know is the ATF/Justice Department allowed and even encouraged gun running and smuggling.

nearmisses
May 13, 2016, 15:28
My comment was about Trump and Hillary. Trump's own words:

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."
Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

Like the Bush Jr. barrel ban, executive actions can halt the flow of imported firearms or critical parts at almost anytime. A new interpretation of the the term sporting purpose like Bush Sr. administration did in 1989 can always be done.

A lot has changed in 16 years and I don't hear that from him currently. Hitlaery ONLY wants ALL your guns, to think differently is stupidity personafied. Obama has done everything he can to pass the UN bill to take away all our rights and strives to do just that with executive orders whenever he can. Congress and the American people have kept him from instituting what he truly wants, same as Killary, total elimination of gun rights and the
2nd ammendment. Wake up and smell the coffee.

xtremerange
May 13, 2016, 16:30
I agree people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Both Republicans and Democrats have taken active steps to take away, restrict and ban what they term assault weapons.

Some politicians more than others, but, leaders of both parties have worked against private ownership of assault weapons.

To argue otherwise ignores the facts of the past 30 years.

HibikiR
May 13, 2016, 16:36
It looks like the only President in the last 30 years that hasn't taken active steps against black guns is Obama.

No, but he did put Kagan and Sotomayor in SCOTUS, and they have taken steps against guns.

Only the Republican appointees recognize our right to arms, DESPITE what baggage you can hang on the Presidents that appointed them.