PDA

View Full Version : Paddle mag Install, who does them?

Thorack
May 06, 2016, 05:44
Well,

Is there anyone other than GP that does a paddle mag install?

Thorack

Mark IV
May 06, 2016, 07:07
Here's a do-it-yourself video, but it's quite involved, as you'll see in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqSwcVUOvoM

rbgonoles
May 06, 2016, 07:56
Bill Springfield

http://www.triggerwork.net/usp.html

Blackwing
May 06, 2016, 08:54
PCS in Stilwell, OK. TEL: 918-781-3939 Combat Veteran owned.

gunplumber
May 06, 2016, 09:52
anyone other than GP that does a paddle mag install?

Why, have I offended you?

While I'm sure others can do it, I consider it a public service to warn people away from that dangerously incompetent, drunken hack, Bill Springfield.

GP's paddles and other HK stuff

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/smith/hk/page-smith-hk.shtml

Thorack
May 06, 2016, 10:42
GP,

Just doing my due diligence. Your work and reputation are above reproach.

Thorack

rbgonoles
May 06, 2016, 13:02

While I'm sure others can do it, I consider it a public service to warn people away from that dangerously incompetent, drunken hack, Bill Springfield.

Noted for future reference to avoid

Conelrad
May 06, 2016, 13:49
Red Dog Target Supplies in Cave Creek, AZ

(480) 488-2165

Dennis

Klaus Von Richter
May 06, 2016, 17:48

What is it you don't like about Bill Springfield's work? I haven't had any work done by him but have read a lot good reviews about him. I'm also looking at having a paddle release installed on my PTR91 and my C93.

Democrat1
May 06, 2016, 19:06
Parabellum Combat Systems has done a good bit of work for me, and all of it was first class. I have not had him do a paddle, but the reviews of his work, especially regarding paddles, is all first class.

I have had Bill Springfield do three HK trigger jobs for me, and his work was unbelievably good. He does a heck of a lot of work on triggers. I have seen a very few complaints about his work on triggers, but the comments are that he corrects any problems. He is incredibly fast with his work.

hansellhd
May 06, 2016, 20:11
Parabellum Combat Systems has done a good bit of work for me, and all of it was first class. I have not had him do a paddle, but the reviews of his work, especially regarding paddles, is all first class.

I have had Bill Springfield do three HK trigger jobs for me, and his work was unbelievably good. He does a heck of a lot of work on triggers. I have seen a very few complaints about his work on triggers, but the comments are that he corrects any problems. He is incredibly fast with his work.

+1

Springfield did work (paddle install/Trigger job) for me as well. All work was professionally done.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a443/hansellhd/hansellhd004/DSCN3532_zpsapglulb4.jpg (http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/hansellhd/media/hansellhd004/DSCN3532_zpsapglulb4.jpg.html)

Not bad for an incompetent drunk. :D

MJ1
May 06, 2016, 21:22
Not bad for an incompetent drunk.
HDH you crack me up!
...:rofl:...

gunplumber
May 07, 2016, 09:52
What is it you don't like about Bill Springfield's work?

As a gunsmith, having that dangerous hack butchering people's guns bruises me on a professional level. I don't mind all the money I make fixing his hack-jobs, but it angers me that I should have to. I have never seen his paddle work, only trigger work on FAL, HK, etc.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/133160-caution-bill-springfield-hk-trigger-work.html

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?20688-Rule-out-Bill-Springfield-for-trigger-work

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/575...rwork_net.html

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335870

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=945478

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/wp/fal/bill-springfield-fal-trigger-01.jpg

Cornpone
May 07, 2016, 12:22
There's several threads on another forum showing Bill's hack job, I mean paddle mag release install fail. I think he's getting a bit long in the tooth and like others have said it's time to retire. Sure in the past his work especially his trigger jobs were the talk of the range and shops but there comes a time when you have to hang up the hat.

yellowhand
May 07, 2016, 14:16
Hell, I thought he was dead!:facepalm:

K.O.A.M.
May 07, 2016, 14:57
I have a complete G3 build GP did for me with a paddle install and a 91k conversion GP did for me with a paddle install. Both are first rate.

I had Jayson at IGF do one on a HK91 along with a refinish. It was top quality as well.

Thorack
May 08, 2016, 14:47
Yeah,

GP built me an amazing HK91 clone with paddle and when he was swamped with work later recommended Jayson at IGF to finish an HK94 clone. They both do outstanding work. That said I continue to look for well recommended Gunsmiths to do work for me ie.. my due diligence.

Thanks everyone.

Thorack

mike minihan
May 10, 2016, 10:44
Hell, I thought he was dead!:facepalm:

Big Jake

Mark IV
May 12, 2016, 19:18
So, even giving Springfield the benefit of the doubt that his abilities have been affected by a stroke and not the ravages of alcohol, still, why take a chance?

hansellhd
May 13, 2016, 09:44
So, even giving Springfield the benefit of the doubt that his abilities have been affected by a stroke and not the ravages of alcohol, still, why take a chance?

For a Guy who is a Drunk or who has suffered from a Stroke he is able to converse on the phone at great length with no perceived maladies that I can detect.

Mark IV
May 15, 2016, 20:17
For a Guy who is a Drunk or who has suffered from a Stroke he is able to converse on the phone at great length with no perceived maladies that I can detect.

I've never had any dealings with the man, so I make no judgments.

Some experiences here on this thread ... and others ... are stellar, some are train wrecks: It's precisely that inconsistency that would scare me away and refer my work to someone I know does consistently good work.

No disrespect to Mr. Springfield. I wish him well.

hansellhd
May 17, 2016, 16:11
I've never had any dealings with the man, so I make no judgments.

Some experiences here on this thread ... and others ... are stellar, some are train wrecks: It's precisely that inconsistency that would scare me away and refer my work to someone I know does consistently good work.

No disrespect to Mr. Springfield. I wish him well.

What burns my Ass is someone like yourself (and others) who come on here and bad mouth someone who you have had no dealings with. (hearsay)

Anyone who does that in my book is a straight up Jackass!

Why I don't agree with GP's Character Assassination of Springfield I can't dispute it. All I can say is if one adds up all the positive comments of his work over the years with the few negative comments it comes out to 1000/1 in favor of his work.

It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and destroy someone's livelihood.:(

Yes Springfield may have had a bad day of two at work, don't we all.:confused:

gunplumber
May 17, 2016, 16:23
Why I don't agree with GP's Character Assassination of Springfield I can't dispute it. All I can say is if one adds up all the positive comments of his work over the years with the few negative comments it comes out to 1000/1 in favor of his work.

Screw that - it's not character assassination - it's called observed reality. The guy is a freaking hack and deserves to be publicly roasted for it.

I only posted a pic of ONE of his "trigger jobs" - I've had to redo more than a dozen of his FAL and HK abortions over the last few years. All with the same "style" of sliding sear modification.

Yes, everyone screws up on occasion. But this is not an isolated incident or a "bad day", but a pattern of dangerous incompetence.

Yes, I referred to him as a "drunken" hack. Just like I referred to the CAI "gunsmiths" as "drunken monkeys", and Robert Hesse's wood work as akin to "Angry Beavers." It's figurative, not literal. His work that I've seen, was so horrible, that I can only hope he was drunk. I've never seen his paddle work, but in the context of dangerous and reckless trigger work, I'd have serious concerns about anything he touched.

hansellhd
May 17, 2016, 18:13
Screw that - it's not character assassination - it's called observed reality. The guy is a freaking hack and deserves to be publicly roasted for it.

I only posted a pic of ONE of his "trigger jobs" - I've had to redo more than a dozen of his FAL and HK abortions over the last few years. All with the same "style" of sliding sear modification.

Yes, everyone screws up on occasion. But this is not an isolated incident or a "bad day", but a pattern of dangerous incompetence.

Yes, I referred to him as a "drunken" hack. Just like I referred to the CAI "gunsmiths" as "drunken monkeys", and Robert Hesse's wood work as akin to "Angry Beavers." It's figurative, not literal. His work that I've seen, was so horrible, that I can only hope he was drunk. I've never seen his paddle work, but in the context of dangerous and reckless trigger work, I'd have serious concerns about anything he touched.

You say that you have had to fix "More than a dozen" of his trigger jobs over the last few years, you do realize the man has done hundreds of trigger jobs over that time period.

Why do you have to stoop to the low level of personal attack? If you have a problem with someone's work simply come out and state it without the Character assassination. What did Bill Springfield ever do to you of your Family to deserve that?

Like I said before I can't dispute your comments on some of his work however there no need for the personal attack on his character.

The main focus of my comments on this subject are the people who chime in with negative comments about Springfield who have had no dealings with the Man. (unlike yourself)

gunplumber
May 17, 2016, 18:46
You say that you have had to fix "More than a dozen" of his trigger jobs over the last few years, you do realize the man has done hundreds of trigger jobs over that time period.

Do you think everyone he screws over with his dangerous incompetence sends it to me to fix?

What percentage of dangerous triggers do you think is acceptable?

Why do you have to stoop to the low level of personal attack? If you have a problem with someone's work simply come out and state it without the Character assassination. What did Bill Springfield ever do to you of your Family to deserve that?

Why do you call my reporting observed reality a personal attack or character assassination? He could be a nice guy. I don't give a shit. I ONLY care about the quality of his work - which is dangerously bad. Why are you so desperate to defend the indefensible?

It angers me when anyone in my trade demonstrates a history of bad work. Just like I'd hope it angers anyone in any other profession, when when of their number performs badly.

This isn't a bad Arsenal paint job, or canted sights. That's annoying. These are triggers - you know - the thing that makes a gun go "bang!". Butchering these can can get people killed.

Like I said before I can't dispute your comments on some of his work however there no need for the personal attack on his character.

You keep using those words . . . do you even know what they mean? Please show me what you are referring to. I explained that I used "drunken hack" in the same illustrative/figurative (and not literal) method that I use "drunken monkeys and angry beavers." I have no knowledge of his alcohol consumption, although several who have met him report that he appeared confused and incoherent.

Are you suggesting that identifying a dangerously incompetent hack as a "dangerously incompetent hack" is character assassination?

Now of course, a pattern of dangerous incompetence suggests something about his character, doesn't it?

Conelrad
May 17, 2016, 21:24
A friend of mine has Bill do a mag release on a PTR.

It wouldn't hold a mag in.

I had to send my bud a new catch, the old one was welded on the contact edge.:facepalm:

Just sayin'...I'd use someone else for that mod.

However, the two 91 trigger packs I've bought from HK Parts are great, whomever did the work (they attribute them to Bill).

Dennis

Mark IV
May 18, 2016, 09:10
What burns my Ass is someone like yourself (and others) who come on here and bad mouth someone who you have had no dealings with. (hearsay)

Anyone who does that in my book is a straight up Jackass!

Take a Prozac and re-read my post.

I wrote that people who have had dealings with the man report good -- and bad results, and that inconsistent quality of work should give one pause for thought. And I said nothing against the man personally (also in my post).

Talk about being a straight-up Jackass ....

We're getting a bit off topic here.

yellowhand
May 18, 2016, 14:10

The main focus of my comments on this subject are the people who chime in with negative comments about Springfield who have had no dealings with the Man. (unlike yourself)

""Why do you have to stoop to the low level of personal attack?""

BS did a trigger job or two on 1911's for me a very long time ago.
One was fine, one fell apart, broke, had to be redone, by another smith.
I was using them hard, to the near extreme at the time, so who knows why it happened.

Anyone that does work for the public will have people that love them and those that don't.

That's a given, nature of the beast.

Your question above goes way beyond that though.
Your question is done by many, you??, to simply shut down open communication, discussion, and free speech, with free speech at the top of the list.

""stoop to the low level of personal attack?""

stoop, negative, low level, negative, and personal attack, negative.

If anyone here conducted a personal attack, my humble opinion is that it was you sir, not the others unhappy with the work of B/S or the people who had to clean up his lessor work.

Understanding what a personal attack is and is not:

Description of Personal Attack

A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims. This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself. The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. After all, no matter how repugnant an individual might be, he or she can still make true claims.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/personal-attack.html

I've always found, that anyone who attacks the messenger vs the message itself, is active in, or has fallen into the trap, that of shutting down our number one G-D given right to free speech.

A great man once commented, that when my free speech is shut down, it is time to exercise my second G-D given right, that of picking up my arms and insuring that my first G-D given right is not infringed in any way.

The only thing that warrants a personal attack definition, is when someone attacks your actual person, with fists, clubs, firearms, cars, trucks, baseball bats, etc.

Everything said, all words, is the simple exercise of our number one G-D given right, to say that which we will whenever we choose to utter words from our mouths.

Said another way, an Aryan Brotherhood follower calls me a worthless filthy Jew, that is protected speech and his opinion.
And not a personal attack.
When the same sob hits me with a baseball bat, that is a personal attack.
When I kill the worthless bottom feeder, that is also a personal attack.

Words, are not personal attacks, the claim that they are, is just an attempt to shut down free speech.

And we can't have that, now can we????
shalom

gunplumber
May 18, 2016, 14:39
Well said. I was intuitively sensing what he was doing, but couldn't nail it like you did.

It's like saying "why are you so angry?" or the like, as a substitute for evidence/point/dispute/contention in an argument.

Like the left asserting those who favor secure borders are racist. "Why do you hate Mexicans?" isn't an argument in favor or against open borders. It's a smokescreen to put one's opponent on the defensive. It obfuscates the issue.

Like when I call Huey out on his bullshit, and he responds with all the medications that he's on. Huh? Total nonsequitur. But it is easy to get sucked into the tangential "defense" of an accusation unrelated to the points in discussion.

I guess most <s>formerly</s> formally trained Jews are pretty good at that stuff. What's arguing on the internet compared to arguing with God? https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1794/5298/Arguing-with-God.pdf

ftierson
May 18, 2016, 15:07
I guess most formerly trained Jews are pretty good at that stuff. What's arguing on the internet compared to arguing with God?

:)

I like that...

To avoid hijacking too much, back to your regularly scheduled program... :)

Forrest

yellowhand
May 18, 2016, 15:46
""I guess most formerly trained Jews are pretty good at that stuff. What's arguing on the internet compared to arguing with God?""

yep!

Bawana jim
May 18, 2016, 16:18
""I guess most formerly trained Jews are pretty good at that stuff. What's arguing on the internet compared to arguing with God?""

yep!

Ever win either argument?:D

Douglas Wozny
May 19, 2016, 07:21
Moderator, I think this thread has run its course!

gunplumber
May 19, 2016, 07:30

If neither you, nor anybody else, posts in it - it will fade away.

Or do you suggesting something be deleted or closed because you don't like it?

Conelrad
May 19, 2016, 13:02
Have plenty of company.

Stolen from the Prince of Weird.:bigangel:

DG

yellowhand
May 19, 2016, 21:31

BOO!

Dlagrua
May 22, 2016, 15:29
The only difficult part about the G3 paddle mag install is the ability to drill a precise hole in the lower receiver and cut a notch for the paddle. Once that is done you just use all HK 91 paddle parts along with a special bushing that fits the hole. You can purchase a drill jig but its a whopping $200 from HK parts. I wish someone would just buy one and start renting it out.

meltblown
May 22, 2016, 16:02
After looking at the pics of that match grade sear, I think you guys need to send more work his way. Just because someone has a cellar full of the real deal absinthe doesn't make him a drunk .

I'm no gunsmith and stone mine to break edges, polished, made the engagement neutral, trimmed the sides back etc. Probably because I take note of the things GP has posted. BUt just looking at that shit makes me think that you might as well forget about the S on the selector.

gunplumber
May 22, 2016, 16:13
The only difficult part about the G3 paddle mag install is the ability to drill a precise hole in the lower receiver and cut a notch for the paddle. Once that is done you just use all HK 91 paddle parts along with a special bushing that fits the hole. You can purchase a drill jig but its a whopping $200 from HK parts. I wish someone would just buy one and start renting it out.

Actually, drilling the hole is the easy part.

The hard part is removing the semi-auto shelf that was welded through the old swing-down pin hole.

hkshooter
May 23, 2016, 19:47
Actually, drilling the hole is the easy part.

The hard part is removing the semi-auto shelf that was welded through the old swing-down pin hole.

This.
I keep an old unclipped metal lower laying around to locate my hole, that's the easy part. That shelf is a bitch.

Thaunk
June 02, 2016, 21:12
I recently had PCS build me a pcs9 and it's excellent. I just wanted to throw in a good word for Jeff. If he doesn't know it's because it's not knowable. Great human and exceptionally helpful.

Conelrad
June 22, 2016, 16:30
Ralph Sr. just completed upgrades on one of my rifles, shown is the mag flap install.

Dennis

bkbeard
July 04, 2016, 21:30
You can't go wrong with Ralph Smith he does nice work.