PDA

View Full Version : SGM Glock Magazines

Bubacus
May 03, 2016, 19:08
Does anyone have info or experience with the SGM Tactical Glock Magazines? I wasn't sure if these were just rebranded KCI mags. I'm trying to avoid the Korean Mags for the Glock 21.

http://www.sgmtactical.com/sgm-products/magazines/sgm-tactical-glock-45cal-26rd-magazine/

nopec
May 07, 2016, 17:31
TFB likes them. Article says these are not KCI. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/27/sgm-tactical-glock-happy-sticks-9mm-and-45acp/

TurnkeyNomo
June 03, 2016, 11:26
I can only contribute I've used a lot of the magpul G17 mags and they work great, am hoping to buy some of the G21 mags when they release in July. Note the G21 mags arent for .45's, it's a reference to Glock mag 21 round capacity (9mm). they're 140mm mags for gun games.

ColeKira
June 03, 2016, 20:37
Thousands of rounds through Korean mags through my G19 and never a problem.

Right Side Up
June 03, 2016, 20:57
What's wrong with the factory mags? :confused:

yellowhand
June 03, 2016, 22:52

Inflated prices!

Like someone else above, Thousands of rounds thru my Glocks with KCI mags, no problems yet!:)
But I'm waiting for them to rot my fingers and teeth, read it on tha internet.:tongue:

TurnkeyNomo
June 04, 2016, 18:13

I got 5 17 round magpul mags for $59 shipped. You'd be lucky to get two factory mags for that much.

Right Side Up
June 04, 2016, 18:16
You can get new ones with the 11 coil spring and the newest follower for $20 at CDNN and Brownell's on sale. Can't beat that.

yellowhand
June 04, 2016, 18:26
You can get new ones with the 11 coil spring and the newest follower for $20 at CDNN and Brownell's on sale. Can't beat that.

I'd always passed on Glocks because of the high prices for their mags, back when they were 35 or higher.
Prices have come down a lot.
The KCI 19 mags were going for 4.00 each once upon a time from CDNN and they work right out of the package,
The 17 and 22 mags needed a little file work on the interior where they punched out the witness holes, but after that, have also been fine, for me.
I like a LOT of mags, handgun or rifle!:D

W.E.G.
June 04, 2016, 19:37

This.

I'm guilty as the next guy for neckbearding mags.

But really, a half-dozen mags per pistol should last you a lifetime unless you are doing some really special (and expensive) type of shooting. I've tried REAL HARD to think of any situation that would warrant loading more than a half-dozen at one sitting.

I probably have twenty or so G17 mags. I've been using the same half-dozen since Day-1, and have yet to have one fail. The others just sit over there, taking up space. At least they are clean and unused. No reason I can think of to "test" them. Maybe I'll sell them when some dumb-ass wants to give me $50 per magazine. Then, I'll replace them - or not - when the price comes back down.

I'm gonna stick with factory Glock mags myself.
I can afford the minimal surcharge for bona fide.