PDA

View Full Version : SCAM ALERT - FALFILES MEMBER: JSUTHER

M62/M76
April 30, 2016, 13:44
I almost just got scammed.

I posted a wanted to buy here, a couple days ago, to buy an AUG.
I just got a private message from: JSUTHER.

He said a guy in California had an Aug for me.
Gave me the guys email: frtsky329@gmail.com

I emailed the guy in California, who sent me pictures of an Aug for $1,800.00.
I just happened to see the same Aug, same serial number, on auctionarms.

I let the guy on auctionarms, know what was going on.

JSUTHER needs to be banned from the files.
I just noticed, he is a new member, 0 posts, 0 feedbacks.

I wish, there was more I could do, like call the internet police.
Never had this happen before, glad I caught what was happening, before I got taken in a scam.

Buyers beware.

Michael

bouncer50
April 30, 2016, 13:54
Anytime you see gmail.com. Its most likely someone from Africa or other scam nations.:facepalm:

W.E.G.
April 30, 2016, 13:55
moved to reviews forum

M62/M76
April 30, 2016, 14:01
Thanks.

Eyeguy
April 30, 2016, 14:16
Anytime you see gmail.com. Its most likely someone from Africa or other scam nations.:facepalm:

Hey Bouncer. Curious about the comment on the gmail.com addresses. Haven't read anywhere about issues there and I see them frequently in the business sector.

Capt D
April 30, 2016, 14:44

I beg to differ one the 'gmail' thing--I have a gmail account, and I'm a red-blooded military dude from Louisiana, based in Utah...but still, we do hafta be vigilant. -Art

sp00n155
April 30, 2016, 14:54

I run two licensed businesses and both have gmail accounts. No Africans here. :facepalm:

TARGSHOOT
April 30, 2016, 15:05
I run two licensed businesses and both have gmail accounts. No Africans here. :facepalm:

LOL, OK THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY ! I NEED A LAUGH ! Thank was put just right...Kudos to you....

Andy the Aussie
April 30, 2016, 15:31
That sucks !!!! Hopefully the bottomfeeder will be banned ASAP as well !!

Oh... and another non-African non-scamming .gmail holder here as well !!:whistling:

FALicious
April 30, 2016, 15:34
He tried to do the same thing to me about a week ago when he saw my post that I was looking for a sar-3. A**hole.

2barearms
April 30, 2016, 15:38

WTF now me and Obama have something in common.

ceb3
April 30, 2016, 15:54
gmail is not always a scam .
I hsve numerous legit friends that got tired of aol and concast .

M62/M76
April 30, 2016, 17:22
This guy should be banned.

FalstenRedux
April 30, 2016, 18:33
Uuhhhh...yeah. No comprende on the gmail comment. I've used gmail for close to 10 years, and know multiple people who use it. Hotmail used to be the worst offender, but I don't know anymore.

M62/M76
April 30, 2016, 20:34
Well, good news!

The same day I almost got scammed on an Aug,

I found a Real Deal Steyr Aug A1 Black 16", with all accessories and extras!

I'm stoked and

**** the Scammer pieces of shit!

:aug::aug::aug::aug::aug::aug:

M62/M76

okiefarmer
April 30, 2016, 21:11
I think the sword has dropped:bow::bow::bow:

Blackmore
May 01, 2016, 11:21
"search Google for image" is your friend.

NFADLR
May 01, 2016, 12:28
How's that ?

JSUTHER seems to still be a registered member not with the banned just yet.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/member.php?u=76454

I think the sword has dropped:bow::bow::bow:

MK ULTRA
May 01, 2016, 15:38
I don't understand how he's a scammer. He sent you a pic and you saw it fs on auction arms. Were both not the same guy? If they wern't then I see the scam.

okiefarmer
May 01, 2016, 16:48
How's that ?

JSUTHER seems to still be a registered member not with the banned just yet.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/member.php?u=76454

He certainly has a profile as you exhibit, but I queried using advanced options for posts/threads by jsuther, and none come up. Hence, reason I thought he and all his few posts got axed.

My bad I guess, but I just checked again trying to find posts by him, and still come up empty.

Edit to add: Check his statistics, he has zero posts on this forum, zip, nada, zilch. Only registered. I wouldn't touch business from him with a 49 foot pole.

M62/M76
May 01, 2016, 23:21
I did a WTB, to buy an Aug.

JSUTHER, told me he bought an AUG from a guy in California.

JSUTHER, gave me the guys email in California, said he could help me get an Aug.

I emailed the guy in California.

The guy in California, told me he had an Aug for $1,800.00
He sent me pics of his Aug that was for sale.

I just happened to see that exact same Aug on Auctionarms for $4900.00
Same serial number.

A total setup by JSUTHER.
P>O>S>

Hope this clarifies the SCAM.

yellowhand
May 01, 2016, 23:28

Ah, no!
Works, can access anywhere, ok on spam filters, free, did I mention it works most of the time?:)

NFADLR
May 02, 2016, 00:43
Nope it don't clarify a thing.
How do you think you were scammed ?
Are you out any funds ?

Nowhere in this blurb or the original blurb do you say you are out any funds.

Nor do you state that you sent funds and the seller didn't deliver.

You show no proof of anything its all hearsay!

You never said that the seller on the auction site and the guy you were given the email and received photos from are not the same seller!

I did a WTB, to buy an Aug.

JSUTHER, told me he bought an AUG from a guy in California.

JSUTHER, gave me the guys email in California, said he could help me get an Aug.

I emailed the guy in California.

The guy in California, told me he had an Aug for $1,800.00
He sent me pics of his Aug that was for sale.

I just happened to see that exact same Aug on Auctionarms for $4900.00
Same serial number.

A total setup by JSUTHER.
P>O>S>

Hope this clarifies the SCAM.

bouncer50
May 02, 2016, 13:33
Hey Bouncer. Curious about the comment on the gmail.com addresses. Haven't read anywhere about issues there and I see them frequently in the business sector. I have a friend that sell and buys on ebay and also craiglist he said every scam email has been gmail they use. He told me to be carefull of it. I not saying everyone that has gmail is a scammer. But the odds are for buying or selling it more common with gmail.

Andy the Aussie
May 02, 2016, 14:34

I not saying everyone that has gmail is a scammer. ...... well you kind'a did...... :wink::wink::uhoh::uhoh:

tac-40
May 02, 2016, 18:43
Gmail is the standard email connection for all android smart phones. Google coupled with Motorola to imbed Gmail into the OS to make the recovery and transfer of contact lists and other date to a new phone easier. If you have an Android smart phone, you have a Gmail email account. That is most likely the reason scammers use it. Not tied down to an address or physical location.

M62/M76
May 02, 2016, 23:17
I was trying to warn people of this type of scam.

The guy with the email and the guy on auctionarms are different people.

ddbtoth
May 03, 2016, 09:47
Not sure why people are splitting hairs over this deal because someone didn't really get screwed, yet,...and therefor he's not a scammer? Just misunderstood third party trying to help out someone with a real cheap AUG? That the other person really doesn't have because it is really on GB listed by another seller? Ok.

"Honestly officer, I don't know where that crack came from that you found in my pants-these aren't even my pants." Defense...

I'll make sure you on my jury after I get charged with murder. I like the way you think, just like a democrat...

Flypaper
May 03, 2016, 09:58
I was trying to warn people of this type of scam.

The guy with the email and the guy on auctionarms are different people.

Thanks.
You might not have got scammed but this guy sure is hell was a scammer.
For those of you that can't see it ,I have some swampland I will sell you. :deal:

I had a rifle on gun broker once and somebody stole my ad and put it on arms list and claimed it was theirs.

M62/M76
May 03, 2016, 16:02
Thanks Flypaper.

Some people are blind to the truth.

That's exactly what happened, this guy copied pictures from the auctionarms ad, and tried to sell it as his own.

I verified this with the auctionarms seller.

I came very close to being scammed.

I was trying to help others, to be aware of such scams.

JSUTHER was in on the scam.

Buyers beware, there are some bad people out there.

I'm done with this.

J. Armstrong
May 03, 2016, 16:13
I think most of us appreciate the heads up.:beer:

Andy the Aussie
May 04, 2016, 01:06
Thanks.
You might not have got scammed but this guy sure is hell was a scammer.
For those of you that can't see it ,I have some swampland I will sell you. :deal:

I think most of us appreciate the heads up.:beer: ....... both of these sum it up most concisely :whiskey:

Ted III
June 16, 2016, 23:59
This makes about as much sense as giving someone negative feedback because you didn't get to purchase something...

ftierson
June 17, 2016, 03:17
This makes about as much sense as giving someone negative feedback because you didn't get to purchase something...

He nearly got scammed and warned us...

I'm not sure why you can't see the value of that warning.

I appreciate it.

Forrest

L Haney
June 17, 2016, 05:32
I like it when the "BRIDGE OUT" signs appear before you get to the missing bridge.

Nuttz
June 17, 2016, 06:45
I like it when the "BRIDGE OUT" signs appear before you get to the missing bridge.
http://67.media.tumblr.com/22b71950ef92d9b8f246882f1246358e/tumblr_n7npoou6Mu1rg0lgoo5_500.gif

:]

Pluribus
June 17, 2016, 11:24

The one negative feedback I have was from a member here that didn't get his FREE at no cost to him slave pin that I used to give away. That's a piece of HS steel, 5/32" dia. x 1/2" long. I'd had a three month long illness and, spent no time here or, anywhere on the web yet, he had a one way conversation with my PM box about how un-reputable I am and, getting madder and madder with each entry to my PM box about my lack of honor. Even after offering to send him one later when I healed more and was able to acquire more, nothing doing. He was nothing but inclined to be cross. Even went to the Mods about it. I had to re-read all his PMs just to figure what he was mad about.

For a free, 5/32" x 1/2" piece of steel. Mailed free too.

I agree with you, Ted.

I also still have two feet and, walk with a cane instead of one real foot and one store bought so, farg him and, his not getting his free 5/32" x 1/2" piece of steel.

Ted III
June 18, 2016, 09:08
He nearly got scammed and warned us...

I'm not sure why you can't see the value of that warning.

I appreciate it.

Forrest

Did he practice due diligence and investigate, collect evidence to show and prove this accusation ? Or did he post a vague description of an incident he claims happened with no proof to show for any of it ? We just need to believe it...

Not sure about you but I believe nothing I see on the internet unless I investigate the truth myself. Taking people at their " word " these days is beyond foolish.

ftierson
June 18, 2016, 11:50
Did he practice due diligence and investigate, collect evidence to show and prove this accusation ? Or did he post a vague description of an incident he claims happened with no proof to show for any of it ? We just need to believe it...

Not sure about you but I believe nothing I see on the internet unless I investigate the truth myself. Taking people at their " word " these days is beyond foolish.

Well, there is that...

Of course, since JSUTHER is a member here (more or less), the opportunity for another viewpoint is there too.

Personally, I still appreciate the 'warning.'

Forrest

tac-40
June 18, 2016, 15:18
I have been here for a while and have determined that most of the members have good heart and mean well. I have had a couple of transactions go south but have not said anything because it wasn't worth MY time.

In doing business with someone here, the first thing I do is look at their posts by doing a search. That gives me an idea of what kind of person they are. The types of posts they make and the language used gives my a pretty good idea of what I will be dealing with if I enter into the transaction. So far, I have been able to read people correctly. That person's feed back is far down the list because it is often skewed by another persons vindictiveness. However, If I see a trend, then I do take note.

But as this OP said in the first post, he was directed to a person selling an item in a specific location. Before dealing with that person, he also saw the SAME item with the SAME serial number for sale in another forum by another person in another location. At what point after this do you NOT look to answer the big WTF?

Hollis Wood
June 19, 2016, 11:25
I picked up Google Fiber last week and that leaves me with Gmail or a Hotmail service only. I don't live in Nigeria nor scam anyone.

When I went to update my settings at Gunbroker they note the high number of scammers with free e-mail accounts, and charge you a dollar to set it up that way. Apparently in a small attempt to discourage such use.

jhend170
June 27, 2016, 13:01
WTF now me and Obama have something in common.

Doubtful. Did you need a teleprompter to get that thought out?

jhend170
June 27, 2016, 13:19
I've bought a few big ticket items online that were not through an official auction house or such. What I have found works quite well is to request they TEXT a pic of the item with MY name HAND WRITTEN on a piece of paper next to the item in question.

Half of eliminating the scammers is verifying they actually HAVE an item. I've busted a few like this through the years, as they start giving you the well I left it with a friend before I moved" or "it's in storage" blah blah blah. It also give me an area code to work with. If a guy claims he's somewhere but his area code says somewhere else... well....

Merely suggestions that seems to help unmuddy some potentially muddy waters.

2barearms
June 27, 2016, 14:38
Doubtful. Did you need a teleprompter to get that thought out?

No, but I was reading it off a script.