PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Brazilian Mauser

Casqui1541
April 25, 2016, 21:21
Today I got to examine what I thought was a mauser onto which someone had attached an eclectic assortment of other mil-surp rifle parts. However, I was wrong. It was Brazilian and had the following markings "m.968" and "cal. 7.62" on the right side and "Fabrica de Itajuba" on the left. I had never seen one of these before. It had what looked like an FAL rubber butt pad, a smooth faced FAL combo device w/grenade ring on the muzzle, an H&K-style rotary diopter rear side mounted just aft of the clip guide and with what reminded me of 1903A3 rear sight guards, and an H&K-style ringed front sight tower pinned to the barrel.
It had a parkerized finish, and some of the original crest appeared to have suffered when it was parkerized. Did some net research. Seems these are not common. First one I've ever seen in the years of my interest in international small arms. Was told that it was a part of a collection of approximately 400 arms that local pawn broker bought from a local collector.

308/223shooter
April 25, 2016, 23:05
Had one brought to me at the local fun show awhile back. Think it was called a "Mosqfal" or some such. Neat little carbine, not worth the $550.00 he was asking with the bore as rough as it was.

RG Coburn
April 27, 2016, 05:48
Jonesboro? Hey,my sis lives near there. Truman.

lew
April 27, 2016, 14:07
Think it was called a "Mosquefal" or some such.

Fixed it for ya. Ugly little mutt of a rifle, but our neighbors in South America have always had interesting ideas on firearms.

Casqui1541
April 27, 2016, 21:24
Yes, Truman is just right down the road from me.