PDA

View Full Version : GunBroker: cognard aka Anamaria Emiliozzi

L/FN
April 25, 2016, 20:19
So GB's "cognard" contacts me about FAL parts as he see's I sell them.
I tell him I can sell direct to him as the parts he is interested in are not listed, but something I have in inventory.
I tell him I can accept PP if he pays the fees.
Pkg will ship to Florida.

So the payment to PP is done, but the payment is from Anamaria Emiliozzi in Argentina! Should have just cancelled then, but the order was only $65.00 and Argy shows no firearm parts restriction via USPS website. And I'm sending them to FL.

Anyway I send parts 1st class w/ insurance and have tracking number. Parts arrive in FL, but have been held up there.
Anamaria want's me to call contact FL postal service to see what the problem is. I tell him/her? at this point I no longer want to be involved in this and they may be under some kind of Fed Investigation as far as I know.

The pkg did arrive and there was no shipping error on my end. And I have spent hours before tracking down a pkg or 2 where the postal clerk punched in the wrong zip resulting in the pkg bouncing from various sorting centers!

So since I won't take it upon myself to sort out the postal issue on his end he does a charge back on PP for the purchase. Thank goodness my senses told me to drain the account down to $.50. So, my PP account is locked until this gets sorted out.

pl521
April 25, 2016, 21:07
Good info. Thank you for sharing.

Invictus77
April 25, 2016, 21:07
If this sale went the other way with you sending money and him supposed to be shipping parts, I would say SCAM. Scammer's often go for the "little money" many times over as it is much easier to get $65 out of most people rather than $650 one time.

A "now living in Florida Argentine" with an Argentinian bank account is not all that uncommon. He reached out to you looking for specific parts in a cognizant manner? Hmmm.

IDK but hope you get squared and not screwed. This may have been some kind of scam, but it is not screaming so from what I read yet.

L/FN
April 25, 2016, 21:30
I don't think he's a scammer, just an ass.
He's using the charge back as leverage against me to try to resolve his problem. My account can stay locked at -$70.00 till hell freezes over. He only received back the $.50 I left in the account.

I've been doing the internet biz for 18 yrs now and just recently started using PP. Then half the people who want to pay me via PP can't seem to figure out how to enter the "discrete" info correctly even when I give them complete instructions and what to put in!:rolleyes:

And now a charge back against me because the PO has his pkg on hold!

Invictus77
April 25, 2016, 21:49
I don't think he's a scammer, just an ass.

That seems like a good summation of the situation. Thanks for the heads-up.

Drtrumpet
May 02, 2016, 19:37
I absolutely will not sell parts to anyone outside the USA no exceptions.

55bird
May 31, 2016, 07:48
+1 conus only, had a guy wanting me to send parts to Japan..., yeah on a cold day in...

gunplumber
May 31, 2016, 08:16
Paypal = criminal fraud.

Why anyone continues to support them, escapes me.

Even the IRS needs some justification to steal money from you. PayPal, has no such restrictions. Criminal Scum. There's got to be some politicians making big bucks off them, to explain why they haven't federal indictments falling like rain.

Blackmore
May 31, 2016, 08:28
There are ways to keep PayPal away from your money.

gunplumber
May 31, 2016, 08:35
Oh, My bank seized my money back from those criminal scum at paypal. I was fortunate to have had a zero balance when they committed their criminal fraud and stole from me.

The problem is those thieves won't let me close my account.