View Full Version : CZ custom 75's

April 25, 2016, 19:26
So, I know nothing about these pistols other than the steel versions are HEAVY, there are a couple of custom shops that clean them up, here's the question, SGC has a couple of custom guns in stock, one $2000+ that has the full treatment - BBL,BUSHING,FULL TUNE, etc. The other, less customized at $1300+

Question - there are a LOT of really good guns in the $1300 - $2300 range, do the CZ "SHADOW" level custom guns measure up? are they worth a SIG MK25?

April 25, 2016, 21:52
Depends on what youre after.

I dont compete, play armchair commando wannabe, i just like guns.

I have alot of CZs and some other brand toys and recently got one of the customized SP01s.

If you look at http://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-cts-ls-p-sa-da-9mm-black.html

this is the one i got recently. Its more or less my first custom gun. I havent shot it yet, but iirc, its guaranteed a certain size group with factory OTS ammo.

Overall its a nice piece and has a really smooth trigger. My first CZ an 85 has a smooth trigger too, but thats due the many ranges down range. It isnt as light as the custom job, but thats to be expected since its a stock CZ.

If you want accuracy, then id compare the specs if you can find one on the Sig.

but if you havent held and shot a CZ, id get an OTS plane jane one before you make your mind up.

just an fyi, one of the members on the CZ board has made some new replacement bushings for the 75. Its suppose to improve the accuracy. I will leave that for you to judge for yourself.

also, just an fyi, CZ Custom or someone adapted a 1911 style barrel bushing to the CZ and also tightened up the groups alot too.

April 26, 2016, 00:24
Held a $2000 custom CZ at the SGC tonight - not the one I linked to - very nice pistol, had what felt like a 2lb trigger, no WAY would I carry that and I don't buy hand guns that I can't/won't carry.

April 26, 2016, 22:35
I carry a revolver so that 2LB trigger pull doesnt count.

I'm sure if you do more research into the gun youre looking at, you will find the trigger being more or less a "target" trigger, not service trigger.

April 28, 2016, 00:48
I have a lot of great pistols, I was considering a custom CZ because I'm always looking for cutting edge - they make a GREAT gun, but so does GLOCK - SIG - HK - FN... I HAVE their cutting edge guns and CZ brings nothing new to the table besides WEIGHT. IMHO - YMMV. Their "custom" guns are not done in house - I'll carry my Springer PC9111 "FBI" 1911 before I'd carry a 3rd party CZ though the really custom CZ's ARE pretty:-)