PDA

View Full Version : Im getting old

azfal1
April 24, 2016, 11:32
I'm getting old . I can't remember what any of my bolt guns are zeroed for.I have to put tags on Every gun so I can remember what loads I am zeroed for.Before a hunt I shoot a lot so no big deal but if I go to the range and have a line of guys waiting to shoot and I don't know what loads to use for that day I look like a rookie.LOL...I'll have to go back to my black book and document each one and date them.Maybe I just have too many guns.

Fn/form
April 24, 2016, 11:40
A blessed man... that knows his limits!

Hootsmon
April 24, 2016, 21:39
Hence the saying...

Beware the man with only one gun.

Tuhlmann
April 24, 2016, 23:16
Hence the saying...

Beware the man with only one gun.

I wonder what it's like to be that guy. Sounds like hell to me. :shades:

bjohns61
April 25, 2016, 08:12
YOU ARE CERTAINLY NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!

Bawana jim
April 25, 2016, 09:48
:D an old man should have more guns and if you forget their zero then it's like shooting a new gun to you...:wink:

ALL FAL
April 25, 2016, 13:14
:D an old man should have more guns and if you forget their zero then it's like shooting a new gun to you...:wink:

Ya saved the day Jim. :)

hagar
April 25, 2016, 14:30
I cannot remember what my wife told me this morning, but I can remember to the 10th of a grain most loads I loaded 20 years ago.:beer:

W.E.G.
April 25, 2016, 15:11
Pick out the guns you actually use.

Get squared-away on each of those guns.

Put the rest of the guns in the back of the safe, or put them on Gunboker, 'cause you aint using them, and you aint gonna use 'em.

yovinny
April 25, 2016, 15:32
Instead of marking ammo cans or shell cases by just caliber, mark it to a specific rifle.
So have an ammo can or shell box for each rifle, mark inside any and all needed info.

So even if I havent dug out and shot my 597 wizbang in 10 years, as long as I remembered to bring the ammo can marked 597 wizbang, I have the correct ammo and any info I need at my finger tips.

Cheers, YV

hagar
April 25, 2016, 15:36
Pick out the guns you actually use.

Get squared-away on each of those guns.

Put the rest of the guns in the back of the safe, or put them on Gunboker, 'cause you aint using them, and you aint gonna use 'em.

I have to disagree, you'd just spend the money on something useless, like a new car or furniture. Think of it as part of your retirement package!:biggrin:

Texas Jaguar
April 25, 2016, 16:12
You have to remember this also. "You know your getting old when your mind makes promises your body can't fill".

My Grandfather told me he knew he was aging when he would open his zipper after he peed.

Invictus77
April 25, 2016, 16:16

Back of the safe = :D

Gonebroker 'cause you ain't using it = :facepalm:

slavicshooter
April 25, 2016, 19:23
I just scrolled back to the top to see what this thread was about.:confused:~ss

azfal1
April 26, 2016, 21:23
Well we all have our favorite go to guns.I can't help buying that gun gun with potential.I say I'll fix it make it whole again and then I'll sell it.Problem is I never get around to the selling part.