PDA

View Full Version : SCREWED in the Marketplace!!

Douglas S Graham
March 22, 2016, 15:36
Sent funds to a person on this board two weeks ago, won't answer my emails, haven't received the goods. WTF!!!

Since I have been here, I have done hundreds of transactions, buying and selling. I NEVER once thought somebody HERE would burn me. Arfcom, maybe, but not HERE!!!

I know it's probably unrealistic, but I had high hopes that we ALL are good folks.

I will give the person another week before I drop the name , just in case there was an emergency on his part (illness, in the hospital, etc.).

It's 140.00, not 10.00, otherwise I could swallow the bitter pill. :(

blueyedfaler
March 23, 2016, 08:36
Do you have a phone # to call. Maybe some near him can make contact. Hope he makes this right, we sure do not this on this board!

jeffrey
March 23, 2016, 09:22
Be right back, need to check my inbox.

2barearms
March 30, 2016, 14:55
Doug

The problem with this knucklehead is that when he leaves for vacation he basically
leaves his computer behind and doesn't do comms until he returns. He got sick a while back and the same thing happened. He's old school and just doesn't care. Obviously if he's ill and in the hospital that's one thing but I always have my phone with me even in there.

G3isMe
March 30, 2016, 18:55
So who is it Doug? Did this come out okay? Update, update....??

RG Coburn
March 30, 2016, 19:46
How did funds get sent? Do you have confirmation of delivery?
I sent a money order a couple weeks ago to another filer for a computer,like the next day after "I'll take it" and it took USPS too frickin' long,like 10 days or something to go two states over. I was prepared to cut another money order,when it finally showed up.

7.62mm_NATO
March 31, 2016, 02:58
So who is it Doug? Did this come out okay? Update, update....??

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398911

gunplumber
March 31, 2016, 07:54
Sent funds to a person on this board two weeks ago, won't answer my emails, haven't received the goods. WTF!!!

I will give the person another week before I drop the name , just in case there was an emergency on his part (illness, in the hospital, etc.).

There are no "excuses". One either fulfills their contract in a culturally appropriate time frame, or one does not, and deserves to be called out.

The only question is what is appropriate within the FF culture? I believe 7 business days or 10 calendar days, door to door, is maximum.

If you're not going to call him out, then your post is worthless.

Of course, even if you do call him out, your post is worthless. It won't affect anyone - at least not if the member has "buddies" here.

Fal Files is full of equivocating ninnies - as long as the deadbeat is a buddy of theirs. Well what if . . . .? Frack that "what if." There never seems to be any tragic life event that prevents one from cashing the check! But it doesn't matter. If the guy is popular, doesn't matter how many people he screws.

Heck, even when a member blatantly lies about the condition of a high-dollar rifle, instead of being permanently banned for the lying sack of shit he is, FalFiles member continue to fawn over him.

RG Coburn
March 31, 2016, 14:37
Well,part of fulfilling the contract is sending the funds. And depending on how they were sent,they could be in limbo,like mine were,until they finally showed up. The guy selling me the computer was concerned,as was I. And both of us were committed to fulfilling the agreement. It was the post office mucking things up.

7.62mm_NATO
March 31, 2016, 15:29
Well,part of fulfilling the contract is sending the funds. And depending on how they were sent,they could be in limbo,like mine were,until they finally showed up. The guy selling me the computer was concerned,as was I. And both of us were committed to fulfilling the agreement. It was the post office mucking things up.

The seller demands immediate payment via PayPal in all of his WTS threads here...

308/223shooter
March 31, 2016, 16:39
So contact paypal.and tell them the seller dropped off the net and is no longer comunicating with you, and you want a refund for non delivery of the item you paid for.

4x401
March 31, 2016, 17:14
So contact paypal.and tell them the seller dropped off the net and is no longer comunicating with you, and you want a refund for non delivery of the item you paid for.

DING, DING, DING!

I would do this first. But having had a few go 'rounds with PP myself, he'd probably be better off contacting his own card company to cancel the payment.

G3isMe
March 31, 2016, 17:34
....... There never seems to be any tragic life event that prevents one from cashing the check! But it doesn't matter. If the guy is popular, doesn't matter how many people he screws.

Heck, even when a member blatantly lies about the condition of a high-dollar rifle, instead of being permanently banned for the lying sack of shit he is, FalFiles member continue to fawn over him.

^^^This. More correct words were never spoken!

RG Coburn
March 31, 2016, 20:11
The seller demands immediate payment via PayPal in all of his WTS threads here...

Okay. Does not state that in the first post.

RG Coburn
March 31, 2016, 20:12
DING, DING, DING!

I would do this first. But having had a few go 'rounds with PP myself, he'd probably be better off contacting his own card company to cancel the payment.

(pay pal) "gee,sir,what were the funds used to buy?"
"gun parts?":whistling:
But it was a gift...

4x401
March 31, 2016, 21:15
(pay pal) "gee,sir,what were the funds used to buy?"
"gun parts?":whistling:
But it was a gift...

If you're inferring my PP problems were due to firearms related transactions you'd be wrong sir. Gaypal tried repeatedly to bully me into paying for items I never purchased, along with the accruing interest charges for not paying the bills..

Our relationship was dissolved when my lawyer became involved and told them to pound sand.

So much for assumptions aye.:o

Barbcue
April 01, 2016, 01:09
My Post office and wait time "LIMBO" could possibly be the worst of anyone's here on the files and its well known on this board as "BBQ's POSTAL ABYSS"

Just about everything i send out or receive, from postal MO's to parts, Kits ,optics ,etc ends up in no mans land in the mail system sometimes for days sometimes for over a WEEK tracking will show it for a day or two then NOTHING for days..

Then it either pops back up on its way or it just randomly shows up..(and i live in California no less)..(only about 30% of the time its smooth sailing)..

Ive had full posts on the subject here about where "everyone's stuff from BBQ is ??"

There's no rhyme or reason to it, and after awhile people realized that i indeed ship stuff when i say i do provide tracking and that it just gets lost in the abyss.

Now, with all that said even MY STUFF has never taken more than 3 weeks EVER !! not one thing i have ever sold here has taken THAT long..

J. Armstrong
April 01, 2016, 08:05
Recently I mailed two identical packages with the same from/to addresses - one took three days, the other ( you guessed it ) three weeks plus.

However, in the OPs case, if this were the situation the seller would 1) be available for communication and 2) would be able to supply tracking info. His alleged insistence for immediate PP payment disqualifies him from any excuse as to slow shipment. Guess I wll be adding a name to my "do not deal with" list ( which in this forum, is mercifully short :) ).

gunplumber
April 01, 2016, 08:50
Gaypal tried repeatedly to bully me into paying for items I never purchased

Our relationship was dissolved when my lawyer became involved and told them to pound sand.

Yep. Very similar here. Except I didn't need a lawyer, my bank just reversed the ACH.

Paypal are scum who practice criminal fraud and have no oversight.

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/order/nopaypal.jpg

7.62mm_NATO
April 01, 2016, 12:22
Okay. Does not state that in the first post.

It sure doesn't. I was just making an observation.

I have no idea what payment arrangement was actually agreed upon here. It's strange that the OP will not disclose that info.

RG Coburn
April 01, 2016, 15:28
If you're inferring my PP problems were due to firearms related transactions you'd be wrong sir. Gaypal tried repeatedly to bully me into paying for items I never purchased, along with the accruing interest charges for not paying the bills..

Not referring to you. I have no idea what you are even talking about. I have heard paypal doesn't like things that go bang,and doesn't want people using it for buying stuff associated with arms. I always wondered how guys dance around that when disputes arise. I use postal money orders as they seem to be the default method of payment for internet buying and selling,and since the US Post Office is basically everywhere in the country,everybody has at least some reasonable access to it.

SPEEDGUNNER
April 01, 2016, 21:50
PayPal is hypocrisy, but it works. Buy a gun part or item here and delineate it in your payment and you risk getting dinged, buy a gun part or item on eBay and PayPal is the only way to pay. Go figure.

J. Armstrong
April 02, 2016, 14:14
I notice he hasn't logged on here since 8 March. Interesting.

2barearms
April 03, 2016, 08:57
I notice he hasn't logged on here since 8 March. Interesting.

That would not preclude you from reading all this though.

ramiller
April 06, 2016, 13:39
I remember the advertisements stated paypal only required payment in hours instead of days. Go figure.

RG Coburn
April 06, 2016, 14:27
Well,I'd say enough time has passed,if this hasn't been resolved yet. Who knows,maybe the fella had a stroke or something.

Douglas S Graham
April 16, 2016, 08:00
Sorry, I lost track of this once it was moved. The guy's name is CL Westerman, from Chanute KS. It has now been 6 weeks , so I am assuming that this man has NO morals whatsoever. YES , I sent it priority mail with tracking, and YES I can see that it arrived on time. I sent it RIGHT away, and like I said, PRIORITY MAIL, so it would get there faster, and have a signature.

It saddens me that someone on THIS board would burn me, I could see it one some other boards, but not this one. I've done hundreds of transactions here, this is the first time someone screwed me. :mad:

juanni
April 16, 2016, 09:00
Apparently he is still alive.

Last Activity: April 04, 2016 22:22

ijuanni!

gunplumber
April 16, 2016, 10:09
Hmm - I had a $450 transaction with him last year. I guess one is only as good as their last deal.

2barearms
April 16, 2016, 18:37
Hmm - I had a $450 transaction with him last year. I guess one is only as good as their last deal.

The guy is a flake. There was a thread about him not delivering on time a while back. It might have been health related blah blah blah. Then he had something I wanted and got it in short order, figured all was good with the world. Bought from him again a week later and he wanted funds immediately
via PP. Sent funds and a week went by and nothing. Started sending PM's
emails and no reply and did not log in for right at 3 weeks. Finally replied and
some BS excuse about being on vacation etc. No mas.

easttex
April 16, 2016, 21:22
I don't know who you guys are referring to but I consider it to be a dick move to sell something, demand prompt payment, then ass around for two-three weeks to ship it - and to go dark in once payment is received. In my book, that's bullshit and there is not excuse for it.

I don't know who this cat is but if this is how he treats paying customers, you all really need to quit doing business with him.

Barbcue
April 17, 2016, 00:15
Whats his Board name ?

I dont wanna get caught up in deals with this guy ..

Barbcue

Douglas S Graham
April 17, 2016, 07:35
3gunR

nwobhm
April 17, 2016, 09:37
Doug, What did you buy?

Douglas S Graham
April 17, 2016, 14:37
A VLTOR upper, NIB. At least I TRIED to buy it. I did my part, and quickly.

oleblu72
April 18, 2016, 20:02

Holy Mackerel I was thinking about buying that! I was waiting for his price to come down a little, I wondered where it got to.

Mark

Douglas S Graham
April 21, 2016, 07:20
The THIEF still has it, that's where it is!! :mad:

RG Coburn
April 21, 2016, 09:43
3gunR...a response/explaination is appropriate at this point. Either ship or refund.

okiefarmer
April 21, 2016, 11:42
Ya want I should go up there and whack him for ya. I gotta make a trip out west for the rest of the week, but if it sets in wet again Monday, like it looks like it's gonna do, this dude just lives across the Kansas border from me. I'm about 30 minutes or so south of Independence Kansas. Been wanting to make an excuse to go look at some sporting clays ranges up that way anyway. I'll just take a big tire iron with me when I go.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey, that's what we are here for

4x401
April 21, 2016, 16:29
Ya want I should go up there and whack him for ya. I gotta make a trip out west for the rest of the week, but if it sets in wet again Monday, like it looks like it's gonna do, this dude just lives across the Kansas border from me. I'm about 30 minutes or so south of Independence Kansas. Been wanting to make an excuse to go look at some sporting clays ranges up that way anyway. I'll just take a big tire iron with me when I go.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey, that's what we are here for

What a guy! :thumbsup:

Douglas S Graham
April 22, 2016, 09:01
Okie, I will ship you a burlap bag to help you out. :)

JohnnyMac
April 22, 2016, 17:59
Ok. Here's a tale from long ago (10+ years).

I made a deal with a FAL Files member to purchase a C&R rifle. Sent the requisite payment by USPS MO, and awaited delivery... then waited some more. After 10 days of no response to e-mails, or PM's, I contacted his local sheriff, who somewhat surprisingly, gave me the seller's unlisted phone number, and also indicated he would contact the seller to inform him of my inquiry, which was fair. Called, and left a message. A couple days later, I finally get a call back, and get a song-&-dance about some health issue. He then says, he'll ship it out the next day. Following day, I get a tracking #, which shows the package enroute. A couple days later, a package arrives. Only it's not the rifle, but my MO returned with an indignant note about me "dealing in bad faith".

I saw later, on another C&R board, where he advertised, and sold the same rifle for substantially more, than he had "sold" it to me. I concluded that he had gotten a case of "seller's remorse", and wasn't man enough to just call the deal off, but waited until he had another buyer lined up on the other site.

Never dealt with him again, and warned a couple of Filers about him (complete w/ copies of correspondence).

4x401
April 22, 2016, 18:19
Oh come on, spill it! :impatient:

7.62mm_NATO
April 22, 2016, 21:53

Exactly what form of payment did you send?

USPS money order?

Douglas S Graham
April 23, 2016, 10:15
Yes, it was a USPS money order.

RG Coburn
April 23, 2016, 17:50
Does using a US postal money order and mailing it to him jump it into the realm of mail fraud? Federal stuff...:?

4x401
April 23, 2016, 18:01
Does using a US postal money order and mailing it to him jump it into the realm of mail fraud? Federal stuff...:?

If its been cashed, yes.

gijoeczar
April 26, 2016, 08:45
Sent him $55 discrete PP for some FAL F/A parts and never responded.

One of the original posts in this thread mentions 3gunR might simply be an "old school" guy that simply does the world on his own terms. I recently had a run in with another of those old school guys on GB ... sent payment right away for an FAL G and didn't hear anything -- not a single reply to my texts, emails, or phone messages -- for over two weeks AFTER he'd received my check, so I cancelled payment on check and sent him an email five minutes after cancelling payment on check -- ONLY THEN, and coincidentally within one hour of getting my cancelled check email -- he responded via email saying, "I received your check and will cash it tomorrow". Of course check was cancelled, so he left me bad feedback. His name is Morris and he's done a few good GB deals since, but my point is simply that he's one of those guys out there who thinks the world of himself and wants to show everyone that he's in charge; I think it's more of an ego thing.

Here's my advice to you "old school" guys who want to play in the new school world -- play by the new school rules or stay out of the sand box. I sell a good deal on ebay and the new school rules are that if you're selling something you respond within 24 hours once you've received payment and you ship within one business day of having cash in hands (check cleared, funds available in bank, etc.). If you don't like those rules, stay off these boards, because these boards are, by their very nature, new school.

As for 3gunR, I don't want to jump to conclusions quite yet as he could very well be an very ill/old man who's fallen off the cliff because he's medically incapacitated. That said, if you're out there 3gunR and getting this message, please take just a moment and text, call, or email me to tell me if you're going to ship the parts or if in fact you've simply screwed another fellow FALFiler ...

Douglas S Graham
April 26, 2016, 09:04
He is alive and well, as a member here tipped me off to an ad he placed on another board. I IM'd him yesterday again, and no reply AGAIN. What a shyster.

Flypaper
April 26, 2016, 09:12
I also know another member that hasn't received his stuff from 3gunr either... He just hasn't spoken up yet. :sad:

7.62mm_NATO
April 26, 2016, 17:17
Yes, it was a USPS money order.

I believe you'll need to submit PS form 6401.

I've never submitted a USPS MO claim so I have no personal experience to offer there but I assume it's going to be an ordeal.

7.62mm_NATO
April 26, 2016, 17:26
Question for the guys that sent money to 3gunR and have or have not received their item(s):

Would you have proceeded with the purchase if he had multiple negative (or at least neutral) feedback entries due to terrible communication and absurdly excessive shipping time?

Douglas S Graham
April 27, 2016, 08:00
Good point on the feedback. He had perfect feedback, until I purchased and he screwed me. I left negative feedback for him, hopefully everyone who would possibly buy from the thief in the future, reads my comments first.

Also, I wouldn't buy from a person with negative feedback. He was clean until he did me in. :sad:

2barearms
April 27, 2016, 14:55
Good point on the feedback. He had perfect feedback, until I purchased and he screwed me. I left negative feedback for him, hopefully everyone who would possibly buy from the thief in the future, reads my comments first.

Also, I wouldn't buy from a person with negative feedback. He was clean until he did me in. :sad:

You need all the facts before you say something like that. I have 1 that I got
as retaliation for the negative I doled out. Management will not remove negative feedback under most circumstances. If you read what the idiot wrote about my transaction you'll see it wasn't me who caused the issue.
He would have been banned on Arfcom for what he did to me. He also complained to Jen about it. She made a reference to it at the gunshow one weekend we were both working.

It's just as bad to agree to buy something and have the seller renege.

oleblu72
April 27, 2016, 15:40

I bought a couple of things off him never could get him to leave feedback for me I even asked him .

Mark

7.62mm_NATO
April 27, 2016, 16:48

No communication and unreasonably slow shipping time is a constant issue with this guy, there's a few threads and many posts about it here.

He was doing the same thing on AKfiles until they ran him off.

7.62mm_NATO
April 27, 2016, 16:57

Negative feedback isn't always justified though since dirtbags can hit you with "revenge" negative feedback.

Most people just see the neg and won't do the research to find out what the issue was.

okiefarmer
April 27, 2016, 18:53
Perhaps we could make a note to selves that a buyer does not leave any feedback until the seller leaves feedback appropriate to the actions exhibited by the buyer. If the seller takes a shit on the transaction, then the sellers feedback won't affect what's already left.

This is of course assuming feedback can't be edited (ya can't edit feedback on egay or other auction sites), which I'm betting it is editable on the files feedback page.

fireplug
May 04, 2016, 11:55
Isn't that the truth.There are no "excuses". One either fulfills their contract in a culturally appropriate time frame, or one does not, and deserves to be called out.

The only question is what is appropriate within the FF culture? I believe 7 business days or 10 calendar days, door to door, is maximum.

If you're not going to call him out, then your post is worthless.

Of course, even if you do call him out, your post is worthless. It won't affect anyone - at least not if the member has "buddies" here.

Fal Files is full of equivocating ninnies - as long as the deadbeat is a buddy of theirs. Well what if . . . .? Frack that "what if." There never seems to be any tragic life event that prevents one from cashing the check! But it doesn't matter. If the guy is popular, doesn't matter how many people he screws.

4x401
May 04, 2016, 23:00
Isn't that the truth.

You would know right? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So what about that L1A1 deal bro???:whistling:

gunplumber
May 05, 2016, 08:02
I wouldn't reject someone because of negative feedback.
I'd look a the whole picture.

Take my Gunbroker feedback.

79 transactions.

76 A+
1 D
2 F

So is it me or them?

Lets look at the last one. A rifle from an estate. Sold for about 60% of market value. Guy wasn't happy. Turns out, the previous owner had drilled holes in the stock, under the action, and added weights. I didn't know. Buyer leaves negative feedback AFTER I offer him a full refund + shipping + $25 inconvenience fee, or $150 kickback, whichever he'd prefer.

F Feedback. Guy buys a part. Won't fit his gun. Guy refuses to tell me what model gun he has. Huh? Really? Nothing wrong with the part - it just (allegedly) doesn't fit some other gun.

F Feedback. Send guy SIXTY high resolution pictures, and he claims it wasn't as described. Really, he bought as a broker and his buyer backed out. Lying sack of shit.

I'm actually more curious about someone with 100% positive feedback on high volume. I've been in the business too long to believe in 100% rational customers. I'm ok with a couple negatives - I'll read them, and most of the time I bet someone in the 99% just has that occasional douchebag buyer.

Seller needs to leave feedback the moment the payment is received. That is the entirety of the buyer's contract fulfillment.

When a seller withholds feedback conditional to the buyer leaving positive feedback, the whole system becomes a mutual masturbation society.

12v71
May 05, 2016, 16:24
You would know right? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So what about that L1A1 deal bro???:whistling:

I'm seeing a bit of "Whack-a-mole" here. :wink: Kinda strange how 'plug keeps commenting on the morality of these deals and doesn't really explain his peccadillo. Strange indeed.

Invictus77
May 05, 2016, 16:30
Seller needs to leave feedback the moment the payment is received. That is the entirety of the buyer's contract fulfillment.

Amen bro!

I just saw a Gonebroker ad earlier today and the seller actually stated in the ad "I will leave feedback as soon as the buyer does". WTF?

tdb59
May 05, 2016, 16:30
I'm seeing a bit of "Whack-a-mole" here. :wink: Kinda strange how 'plug keeps commenting on the morality of these deals and doesn't really explain his peccadillo. Strange indeed.

Perhaps his peccadillo was vaporized by his petard.

12v71
May 05, 2016, 16:50
Perhaps his peccadillo was vaporized by his petard.

Peccadillos have hard shells. :wink:

gunplumber
May 05, 2016, 19:40
Peccadillos have hard shells. :wink:

Which would make his petardo all the more dangerous - shrapnel and all.

RG Coburn
May 05, 2016, 20:17
It pays to read the feedback of Ebay sellers,even when they have great feedback. What unhappy people have been doing,is,they punch the dot for positive feedback,to leave it,then leave their unhappy details in the comment/description line. If they punch the negative feedback dot,they get this menu pop up from ebay,trying to resolve issues,etc. They deliberately make it hard to leave a true negative,so people use the opposite as a work-around.

juanni
May 07, 2016, 11:20
I wouldn't reject someone because of negative feedback.
I'd look a the whole picture.

Take my Gunbroker feedback.

79 transactions.

76 A+
1 D
2 F

So is it me or them?

I have sold a bit on GB and got 2 negs.

1) The guy bought a new Romy G kit with a Romy folder and claimed the barrel was shot out. :confused:
I asked multiple times if he would push a patch through it and look again (demill grud and oil), offered a full refund etc.
He wanted a full refund, I pay shipping both ways and he keeps the folder for his hassle.

Did some googling only to find on one of the AK sites he WTB a AK folder, for cheap. :uhoh:

2) Guy bought a FA kit and wanted all the parts shipped to WA.
Told him sorry won't do, because doing so appeared to me to be illegal.
I had a no shipping where not allowed in the description.

In both cases I contacted GB, forwarded all the emails and like that!! No more neg feedback. :D

..............juanni