PDA

View Full Version : the gun plumber

t.walk
March 19, 2016, 08:54
Just received the to me, the new workbook and DVD set from Gun Things, by the gunplumber. A very good update over my first shop book, even if you never plan on building a Fal type rifle you just might want to have the book and DVD set on hand.

J. Armstrong
March 19, 2016, 09:41
Along with Blake Stevens' works, one of the must have reference works for sure !

Josey Wales
March 19, 2016, 10:21
I second that! I just got my workbook and DVD the other day and have been very impressed with everything that I've covered so far. It's money well spent for 20 plus years of knowledge.

Slaughter
March 19, 2016, 10:24
I have owned his book and DVD since BEFORE my first "build" (quotation marks because I had Mark do my first builds)

Now with more than 2 years studying, I have 3 builds on the Imbel receiver group buy that I look forward to building.

Even if you DON'T plan on building, the book and DVD are superb resources just for familiarity.

SteelGreyML
March 19, 2016, 15:28
Yup, these references are pretty handy. I kinda wish they were on ebook form... easier to search and make the font bigger.

Rahatlakhoom
March 19, 2016, 16:37
I just read his manual from cover to cover before assembling
my G1 kit. I personally think it's the best way to know the FAL.

SteelGreyML
March 19, 2016, 16:40
I just read his manual from cover to cover before assembling
my G1 kit. I personally think it's the best way to know the FAL.

Wow, that is impressive. I just spot read.:bow::bow::bow:

Pluribus
March 20, 2016, 12:38
Seems I read somewhere that he's an arrogant bastard.

:wink:

:tongue:

tigerfans2
March 20, 2016, 19:26
I'm keeping a couple of VCR's in case I need to view my GP tape... what's this about a CD?

gunplumber
March 30, 2016, 09:59
It's been on DVD for around 10 years now.

Same basic footage, but I did a lot of editing and rearranging for improved clarity and structure.

I only sell them as a set (with the dramatically improved workbook), but I think one of my resellers - Brad at Gunthing.com - will sell them individually.