View Full Version : HAWKISH Extractor Tool

Straight Shooter
March 18, 2016, 19:54
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/McDcZNmenug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are great tools! Made of aircraft grade aluminum, each comes sealed in a heavy duty plastic bag. If you haven't watched Hawkish's 18 second video :eek:, then you should, they are just that simple to use. 18 seconds to remove and reinstall a FAL extractor!

I bought a bolt sometime back. It looked clean enough to eat with. Then, a bug hit me to take it apart. I did so using a cartridge as shown in many of the manuals. I had read of others' trials and tribulations, so I put a heavy bath towel over the bolt, when I did so. If I had a hard time, I can only wonder what it was like for you fellas of smaller stature. The plunger, spring and spring guide were an absolute mess, with gunk, spent powder and old lubricant build up.

While it cleaned up easy enough, the major chore was to put this all back together. I, even, made a copy of the coat hanger tool, using heavier materials. Which did the job, but was a one time use tool.

I shyed away from the reproduction extractor tools on the market, after reading of them being prone to breakage. I, even, shelled out a pretty penny for a four piece set of genuine FN FAL tools from Europe. Spent months researching all the different military FAL extractor tools used around the world. I learned a good deal, but, none were to be had. In short, it seems extractor tools are far rarer than FAL rifles.

Then, a drop of water in the desert. FALfiles member, Hawkish, made a post, saying that he had these left over tools from an earlier venture. IIRC, these extractor tools are based on a Canadian military extractor tool. But, before I could post an "I'll Take One', he was sold out. I requested, should he make more, I would take two. And he did, and has continued to fill the demand for these much needed, and well constructed, tools. And with a lifetime guarantee. how can one go wrong? Thank you, Hawkish!

March 18, 2016, 20:03
I've got one of those.

Its the tits.

Much better than the DSA too (and the DSA tool aint bad).

fal fiend
March 18, 2016, 23:48
i looked at the 1 satori has/ its the bomb

March 19, 2016, 02:53
Looks like the one HellsEngineer used to sell here, although his was steel.

I bought one back in Feb of 2005 and couldn't be more pleased with it than I am...

March 23, 2016, 13:21
Great tool, and super fast shipping.

March 23, 2016, 20:03
These are the best I've ever used. I tried the coat hanger thingamajig and never could get it to work good. I still haven't found the spring that twanged out into the hinterland of my garage wasteland the last time I attempted disassembly with the coat hangar. So when I saw his ad I thought I would give it a try. The best $25 tool I've bought in a long time. Hawkish's tool is the cat's meow!

April 02, 2016, 18:52
Makes extractor removal fun. Cheers Hawkish.

April 02, 2016, 23:05
Very useful tool, I bought one & Hawkish was a pleasure to deal with. Recommended.