PDA

View Full Version : Belgian Police with G3

Savary
March 17, 2016, 12:17
Saw this on the Christian Science Monitor web page.
Trijicon scope, grip pod, and probably a B&T handguard & scope mount.
Looks like the barrel has been shortened?
Maybe itís the photo angle that makes it look like way.

"A masked Belgian policeman secures the area from a rooftop near the scene
where shots were fired during a police search of a house in the suburb of
Forest near Brussels, Belgium, Tuesday March 15."

http://s7.postimg.org/z7r6t916z/21_5.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/tjnbjuouf/21_5_Copy.jpg

Earl Burlin
March 17, 2016, 13:04
It might be a G3K, or just the angle the picture was taken. That's a real nice overwatch setup he has there either way.

nyalaman
March 17, 2016, 14:23
southpaw...he may have the facemask also in case the spent flying cases hit his noggin.

Conelrad
March 17, 2016, 18:22
Indeed. running a G3 as a lefty can make you appreciate a case deflector....

Dennis

sv30cal
March 23, 2016, 00:21
Mine throws brass forward and right about 20 feet

yellowhand
March 23, 2016, 01:21
It might be a G3K, or just the angle the picture was taken. That's a real nice overwatch setup he has there either way.

Not really.
He is mostly exposed, does not appear to have extra mags, knife, water, water, water, first aid kit, might have a radio on chest mount, no sight lines to his right, got a roof line above his location, his footing sucks, and has zero cover, and only partial 5% concealment.
No eye protection.
Those red bricks will not stop a 223 and fragment like a grenade when hit hard.
Completely exposed to his rear and on and on and on.
That sling will hang up on everything he comes into contact with, and has metal fitting, as in he is carrying a rattle can, screaming hear I am, please shoot me.
If I was his team leader, I'd put him back on the traffic detail.
Which is where he most likely came from, that jump suit is really clean and not worn out from practice.
Vest looks brand new as well.
Mono pod looks non folding, how will he fire that rifle prone?
Rookie!:eek:

With all that said, he is present, and armed, that says something positive.

Impala_Guy
March 28, 2016, 21:17
When your countrys police and judges have to wear masks, you and your families have had your future sold down the river.

SteelGreyML
March 28, 2016, 21:57
When your countrys police and judges have to wear masks, you and your families have had your future sold down the river.

A lot of soldiers look like they had masks too.

Mark IV
March 29, 2016, 08:12
Not really.
He is mostly exposed, does not appear to have extra mags, knife, water, water, water, first aid kit, might have a radio on chest mount, no sight lines to his right, got a roof line above his location, his footing sucks, and has zero cover, and only partial 5% concealment.
No eye protection.
That sling will hang up on everything he comes into contact with, and has metal fitting, as in he is carrying a rattle can, screaming hear I am, please shoot me.
Which is where he most likely came from, that jump suit is really clean and not worn out from practice.

... and no gutters. Where's he gonna piss?

yellowhand
March 29, 2016, 10:19
... and no gutters. Where's he gonna piss?

This one would never crap or piss down his pants legs, break time, union rules????:wink:

MajHenryWest
March 29, 2016, 17:22
Reminds me of some of the photos after the Paris attacks.

In France, it looked like they had emptied every armory in the country and issued every long gun they could find including stuff not seen in a long time.

abbynormal
March 29, 2016, 20:05
The Belgians are pulling out all stops in a show of force and fast reaction teams. Nothing gun wise would surprise right now, cause if it semi or full auto, it's been pulled out of the arsenals and issued.

the gman
March 29, 2016, 21:38
Not really.
No eye protection.

Those bricks will easily stop a .223 and even a .308. That's a solid pillar by the looks of it which equates to about 18" of solid clay and either lime sand mortar or Portland cement sand mortar. Show me a .223 round that can penetrate 18" of good brickwork like that and I'll show my bare arse in Walmart. Having shot at brickwork with both .223 and .308 (many Brit Army back stops are solid brick with an over hang and sand in front of the brick) and as the son of a master bricklayer, I can tell you that neither one would punch through that column.

Not understanding your point on the prone; the mag is close to the same length as the Grip Pod so you could either mono pod on the mag or just use the Grip Pod as a bipod?

Other than that, pretty much on the money. :biggrin:

yellowhand
March 30, 2016, 00:25
yepper on the brick work, forgot, Europe does/builds things different.
Makes stuff to last several lifetimes, unlike here.:smile:

Jarhead504
March 30, 2016, 19:09
Impressive, but I would rather have a FAL. I sold my HK 91 to go towards a FAL.

hkshooter
March 31, 2016, 21:46
I think it's staged. Doesn't look comfortable, in just a few minutes he'd be tiring and shaky, not good if you want to hit anything besides a civilian. And maybe there's some physics of light I'm not getting but it appears he's pointing the rifle up, not down like would be suggested by someone on a roof trying to cover ground traffic.
I'm thinking "Bjorn, grab the rifle and hop up there for the camera. I don't care, just pick one! And take a baklava with you, I don't want your wife chewing my ass again!"
He's not even looking through the scope.

Walther Rathenau
April 25, 2016, 22:45
Fake's what I thought too.

K.O.A.M.
April 28, 2016, 07:56
I disagree on the fake/posed thing. When you are maneuvering on a house, you take what you can get, when you can get it. While it looks uncomfortable as hell and hard to sustain, sometimes that's the only position you can get. That position may provide overwatch for someone to get into a better, more sustainable position.