March 07, 2016, 13:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL9xsPJQgBo

ercrossfire
March 07, 2016, 14:04
Wow, impressive number of views in a short period. :bow:
Got to love the FAL commentary! :shades:

ghostoftopbanana
March 07, 2016, 14:22
Ian is the ******* shit! Daily watching for me.

VALMET
March 07, 2016, 16:53
One of these 3/62 G3s sold on GB 2-3 years ago for $29k with nearly 100 bids.

I am aware of an extremely small handful of semi G3s marked 9/59 that I believe Interarms brought in as a "pilot" series to gauge sales. They're almost unheard of and cannot imagine what one if those might bring.

Ian does amazing work with both Forgotten Weapons and In-Range TV on Full30.com

d762nato
March 07, 2016, 17:46
The auction price says 28,000 to 35,000 it's a nice old rifle but Dauum! That's up their with the select fire weapons.

ercrossfire
March 07, 2016, 19:39
...I am aware of an extremely small handful of semi G3s marked 9/59 that I believe Interarms brought in as a "pilot" series to gauge sales. They're almost unheard of and cannot imagine what one if those might bring.

Only one way to find out, GB auction. Penny, $.01 Start! :D

AGG
March 07, 2016, 20:35
The 3/62 is the closest to a FA G3--- not the 7/62 or 11/62!!! :)
Subsequently, there was the HK41 (not G41). ;)
There is also the Springfield Armory G3 in SA, but nowhere close to the 3/62 setup. :headbang:

Tony

Beryl
March 07, 2016, 20:41
Ian has such a badass job. Livin' the dream.

wanneroo
March 07, 2016, 22:43
I remember a thread somewhere about a guy that found one of these 1962 guns in a gun shop and bought it for something like $1K. He had no idea what he had and when people told him he was floored.

21HK
March 07, 2016, 22:52
Wow, impressive number of views in a short period...
Wow! 38K in one day.

I am aware of an extremely small handful of semi G3s marked 9/59 ....

Something I've never heard of and more than likely is one of those pieces that discreetly changes hands never to be seen in the wild.

pre1989
March 07, 2016, 23:40
The reason people like these is they are as close to a real HKG3 as you can get the correct lower with paddle the right barrel with the rings etc ..

And they are great FA host or were ..Which is what happened to a lot of them

But yeah more then 20k for a G3 imop unless you were a collector would be stupid at that point just get a FA gun and put the parts on it

ercrossfire
March 08, 2016, 00:35
Sadly, you can't trust everything you read. The Internet is like the game of "telephone" we all played as kids. People just read stories and well meaning as they may be, reiterate variations of what often wasn't correct in the first place.

Earl Burlin
March 08, 2016, 16:59
Love the G3. Here is mine:

http://s12.postimg.org/g3llm5yot/20160228_100930.jpg

Excellent stopping power and reliability. I keep mine as an emergency SHTF battle rifle. Semi auto only is not a big deal with these .308 battle rifles. Recoil is so high in full auto that if anything, these guns are more effective as semi-autos since full auto leads to nothing but wasted ammo when your sending 7.62x51mm down range.

VALMET
March 08, 2016, 18:34
Sadly, you can't trust everything you read. The Internet is like the game of "telephone" we all played as kids. People just read stories and well meaning as they may be, reiterate variations of what often wasn't correct in the first place.

believe whatever or whomever you'd like. The 9/59 gun brought close to $10k back n the '90s. The dealer who it belonged to was definitely an authority and was never one to "play telephone."

ercrossfire
March 08, 2016, 19:44
believe whatever or whomever you'd like. The 9/59 gun brought close to $10k back n the '90s. The dealer who it belonged to was definitely an authority and was never one to "play telephone."

I believe quality photographs, authentic documentation, and dealer's who state their reputation in their name. No "telephone" games, just facts. Feel free to provide any, or all of the three.

VALMET
March 08, 2016, 19:58
The dealer in question is very well known to many here and was in the business for 40+ years. Again, believe whatever or whomever you'd like. If I had photos or docs I'd certainly post them.

ercrossfire
March 08, 2016, 20:09
The dealer in question is very well known to many here and was in the business for 40+ years. Again, believe whatever or whomever you'd like. Believe me if I had photos or docs I'd post them.

It's simple. Photos, documentation, or the dealer's name. You are the only person anyone needs to believe, because you made the claim.

Maybe that "well-known" dealer in question wants to chime in on that "pilot" series now?

VALMET
March 08, 2016, 20:23
Take it or leave it, you can believe whatever you'd like (for a third time). This dealer never even had an e-mail address that I'm aware of...

ercrossfire
March 08, 2016, 20:25
Take it or leave it, you can believe whatever you'd like (for a third time). This dealer never even had an e-mail address that I'm aware of...

Ok, we'll leave it!:bspole:

VALMET
March 08, 2016, 20:27
I guess the above troll and his 22 posts is an HK expert.

ercrossfire
March 08, 2016, 20:33
I guess the above troll and his 22 posts is an HK expert.

Show us that you are! Put up, or ---- up.

hueyville
March 11, 2016, 20:21
Since this is an active HK91 thread and read through the thing figure would ask a dumb question to possibly shift the trend of last few posts. Have a HK91 stuffed in back of a vault that is left over from my collector days when thought owning one or more of every different battle rifle was necessary for a collector. It only comes out of vault on rare times want something behind it or empty vaults completely to inspect for any rust or mildew gremlins that may try to sneak in.

Almost a year ago tripped over a deal on a decent CETME which had what I thought was decent wood and price was a "buy or tell us where it is" when posted question to group. As cheap, figured could not devalue it by shooting or adding any handling marks. After shooting I really liked it. Picked up all my striped brass and decided to run a first hand test on how many times could load a case before failure shooting through a fluted chamber. Still not killed majority of brass in test yet but have discovered I love shooting the CETME.

Since takes same magazines as my HK bought a pile of used milsurp from Centerfire and in less than a year have shot the CETME more than the HK in over 20 years. Without too much detail or explanation, anyone have a quick rundown of other parts that interchange between the two if any? Saw another CETME last week and if had been 7.62 instead of 5.56 (darn large 5.56) would have added. For what I see the HK's selling for could actually sell mine, buy three more CETME's, get them fixed if out of specs, buy a bunch more ammo and magazines and still have fair amount of money in my pocket. Would have total of four matching rifles with plenty of consumables and cash opposed to one HK and one CETME. Goes against my "collector" tendencies but been working on standardizing as much as possible.

ftierson
March 11, 2016, 23:25
Since this is an active HK91 thread and read through the thing figure would ask a dumb question to possibly shift the trend of last few posts. Have a HK91 stuffed in back of a vault that is left over from my collector days when thought owning one or more of every different battle rifle was necessary for a collector. It only comes out of vault on rare times want something behind it or empty vaults completely to inspect for any rust or mildew gremlins that may try to sneak in.

Almost a year ago tripped over a deal on a decent CETME which had what I thought was decent wood and price was a "buy or tell us where it is" when posted question to group. As cheap, figured could not devalue it by shooting or adding any handling marks. After shooting I really liked it. Picked up all my striped brass and decided to run a first hand test on how many times could load a case before failure shooting through a fluted chamber. Still not killed majority of brass in test yet but have discovered I love shooting the CETME.

Since takes same magazines as my HK bought a pile of used milsurp from Centerfire and in less than a year have shot the CETME more than the HK in over 20 years. Without too much detail or explanation, anyone have a quick rundown of other parts that interchange between the two if any? Saw another CETME last week and if had been 7.62 instead of 5.56 (darn large 5.56) would have added. For what I see the HK's selling for could actually sell mine, buy three more CETME's, get them fixed if out of specs, buy a bunch more ammo and magazines and still have fair amount of money in my pocket. Would have total of four matching rifles with plenty of consumables and cash opposed to one HK and one CETME. Goes against my "collector" tendencies but been working on standardizing as much as possible.

Well, for one thing, real G3 and CETME mags don't exactly 'interchange,' since the front mag catch in the CETME is wider than the G3 one. That means that the 20rd steel CETME mag will fit and function just fine in the G3, but the aluminum G3 mags will only fit in the CETME (assuming original CETME parts were used by CAI) if you mash in the front of the mag a bit while first seating. Once there, they will function just fine.

If you have one of the CAI CETME clones it's kind of a crap shoot since they (Century) sometimes used the G3 trunnion, but usually the CETME one...

Forrest

Brian in MN
March 12, 2016, 19:55
Ok, we'll leave it!:bspole:

Leave the rest of us out of it. There is no "we". Anyone who has been around this board for a while knows very well which one of you is full of shit.

And it isn't the guy with the Finnish name.

enbloc8
March 12, 2016, 21:17
I remember a thread somewhere about a guy that found one of these 1962 guns in a gun shop and bought it for something like $1K. He had no idea what he had and when people told him he was floored.

I remember that thread. That was the first time I'd heard of these early imports.

ercrossfire
March 12, 2016, 21:45
Leave the rest of us out of it. There is no "we". Anyone who has been around this board for a while knows very well which one of you is full of shit.

And it isn't the guy with the Finnish name.

No one is stopping you from putting some actual proof where your mouth is either!
If you actually read the thread, my first misquoted comment was actually never intended for the other half of your "we" anyway. But hey, everyone loves a good story.

Earl Burlin
March 13, 2016, 13:38
You guys need to get laid.

Seriously, these are basically toys for grownups. Stop bitching about them. G3s are awesome, that's all you need to know! ;)

AGG
March 13, 2016, 19:27
The dealer that is mentioned is most certainly legitimate--- I purchased many, early, rare longarms from this dealer!!! :)
However, I cannot disclose the dealer, as it was relayed to me in confidence. ;)

Tony

ercrossfire
March 13, 2016, 19:53
The dealer that is mentioned is most certainly legitimate--- I purchased many, early, rare longarms from this dealer!!! :)
However, I cannot disclose the dealer, as it was relayed to me in confidence. ;)

Tony

Having read your other posts on other boards, I am sure that you will use that previous information to re-contact him. Look forward to hearing your second-party info, or perhaps first-party from the mystery dealer himself.

Of course, photos and/or s/n's are always better!:biggrin:

AGG
March 14, 2016, 18:29
Having read your other posts on other boards, I am sure that you will use that previous information to re-contact him. Look forward to hearing your second-party info, or perhaps first-party from the mystery dealer himself.

Of course, photos and/or s/n's are always better!:biggrin:

I may take you up on your offer!!! :)
There is a single mention of the Interarms/G3 connection on another, highly-reputable site. ;)
If you have read my other posts on other boards, then you know that I am an information hound. :headbang:

Tony

ercrossfire
March 14, 2016, 20:25
I may take you up on your offer!!! :)
There is a single mention of the Interarms/G3 connection on another, highly-reputable site. ;)
If you have read my other posts on other boards, then you know that I am an information hound. :headbang:

Tony

Please do! ;)
Thus far the information from that other reputable site, doesn't match the time period reported here by a decade. That poster also seems very credible.
Your metaphor is remarkably clairvoyant. :bow:

AGG
March 15, 2016, 12:07
Please do! ;)
Thus far the information from that other reputable site, doesn't match the time period reported here by a decade. That poster also seems very credible.
Your metaphor is remarkably clairvoyant. :bow:

I am not referring to my post--- use the Advanced Search!!! :)

Tony

Blackwing
March 15, 2016, 20:53
At this point I don't know who is looking for what or why. Is this just some weinie wagging?

ghf
April 25, 2016, 10:12
How come the name of "the dealer in question" is some kind of secret?

Wouldn't a dealer (business) want to have his name out in public?
Brings in business?

Sort of like- "I got a great deal on a F-150, all the bells and whistles, excellent price, great service...but, no, the Dealer is confidential, cant tell you who it is".

What am I missing?

AGG
April 25, 2016, 14:15
All I am saying is that VALMET disclosed the dealer to me and, if VALMET has no problem with me disclosing the dealer, I will gladly do so--- I am not in the business of releasing information, disclosed to me in confidence!!! :)

Tony

eyegun
April 25, 2016, 15:07
For a minute I thought I was reading an AR15.com thread.:eek:

VALMET
April 25, 2016, 16:33
Dealer was Gene Guilaroff. He isn't really in the business anymore but was for a long, long time. Many of us have acquired top-end pre-bans of all types from Gene and I always found him to be a man of his word. Gene has forgotten more things about pre-ban guns that most of us will ever know in a lifetime.

AGG
April 26, 2016, 20:01
Dealer was Gene Guilaroff. He isn't really in the business anymore but was for a long, long time. Many of us have acquired top-end pre-bans of all types from Gene and I always found him to be a man of his word. Gene has forgotten more things about pre-ban guns that most of us will ever know in a lifetime.

Tru dat!!! :)

Tony

lew
April 27, 2016, 17:04
Tru dat!!! :)

Tony

I've nothing to add to the discussion, but I swear I'm going to have to throttle you if you don't cut out the underlining and random text highlighting.:redface:

:p:biggrin:

Douglas Wozny
April 28, 2016, 08:30
I've nothing to add to the discussion, but I swear I'm going to have to throttle you if you don't cut out the underlining and random text highlighting.:redface:

:p:biggrin:

Lew, I am with you on that one!

AGG
April 28, 2016, 13:09
Only my girlfriend is allowed to throttle me!!! :)

Tony

lew
April 28, 2016, 13:30
Fine, pipe wrench it is.

:D

AGG
April 29, 2016, 13:22
But I am the pipe wrench--- size 12!!! :)

Tony

MajHenryWest
April 30, 2016, 00:19
Gene Guilaroff always had an interesting Ad loaded with great firearms
in the Gunlist newspaper (is it still around?).

I remember that his email address was arclight@... :rofl:

gauraprema
May 11, 2016, 15:14
After reading this post, I want to express my appreciation to, and for, the long time falfilers who have taken time to help us less knowledgeable aspirants.It is a rare thing today to find those whom you can trust with certain things so much respect to the falfiler who revealed his mind in confidence and much respect to who kept and respected that confidence.I hope I am not out of line but this site has been a safe zone for me for a few years now as far as being treated with respect.So once again I pray to the lord to keep your hearts open to us who are honestly in need of your years of wisdom and experience.So I pray you accept my attempt to express respect and appreciation to the all of you:fal:.

AGG
May 12, 2016, 09:24
Gene Guilaroff always had an interesting Ad loaded with great firearms
in the Gunlist newspaper (is it still around?).

I remember that his email address was arclight@... :rofl:

Gun List is called something else now--- but with the internet, it is just a shell of its former self!!! :)

Tony

AGG
May 12, 2016, 09:30
Gun List is now Gun Digest!!! :)

Tony

gunshooter
May 24, 2016, 10:00
Great, Just f()@K!N Great! NOw I have to peruse gunshops and garage sales and radio garage sale adds lookin for one of These now!

Along with the search for a sear cut legal FAL!

I can't afford anything! I'm so broke I can't even pay attention, now I gotta look for one of these! :eek:

This is one cool rifle and is worth what ever some will pay, I'd pay double that if I had it to pi$$ away!

I got a grand and change in an Imbel kit I built and love it and $1,700 ish in a Gewehrwerks.com G3 copy and love it! I wanna try a CETME kit. By the way the rifles are all 922r compliant.

This rifle is a piece of Mechanical Art, true to form! A real piece of precious metal! :biggrin:

FranzLiebkind
May 26, 2016, 08:36
....Saw another CETME last week and if had been 7.62 instead of 5.56 (darn large 5.56) would have added.....

You saw a 5.56 CETME? That's got to be a new gun...