PDA

View Full Version : Jard trigger (FAL metric)

Thundermaker
February 29, 2016, 22:13
I had heard mixed reviews of them, but I found one in the marketplace for less than half price, so I figured I'd try it out. Now, let's get down to business.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the overall design of the unit. Basically, you're just dropping an AR trigger system into your FAL. I installed the unit in my imbel lower. Trigger pull was right where it was supposed to be. The pull was quite nice. It was a two-stage pull. Reset wasn't overly long. I put the lower on the upper and proceeded to beat the ever living bejeezes out of the stock against the floor very forcefully with the safety off. The hammer didn't fall. So far, so good.......then I wracked the bolt.:facepalm:

The bolt locked to the rear. The bolt was catching on the hammer. I thought to myself, " I'll figure that out later. Let's test the hammer strike. " More disappointment. The "wing" on the hammer struck the rat tail on the bolt carrier, taking away all of its force.

So, if anyone from Jard is reading, you need to make that hammer a bit wider and move that wing over. You also need to work on the hammer profile to prevent the bolt issue.

That is all, good night.