PDA

View Full Version : Ati stg-44 .22 anyone?

croftonaviation
February 24, 2016, 21:49
Anyone have one or shot one? I am looking at one at work, brand new in the wood crate. The boss offered it to me for less than cost to make some room. I can have it for $375 or so out the door (I think it has been their a year at least). Any thoughts? I just want it for a range toy, and it would look good in my gun cabinet between my garand and svt.

Thanks

Tom

ftierson
February 24, 2016, 22:22
We're talking about the .22LR one, right?

The current dealer price runs about $275 on these. CDNN currently has the version with the wooden case for $330, and the cardboard case one for $300.

I have one of these and it is great fun to shoot. It is heavy and weighs pretty close to what the original StG-44 weighs.

The one 'problem' that you see mentioned about these is that the rear sight has to raised quite high to zero the gun at 25 yards or so.

I have been very happy with what I got for my money... :)

Forrest

croftonaviation
February 24, 2016, 22:36
Thanks Forrest, yes it's the .22. I figure a real one isn't going to happen unless i win the lottery or find out I have a rich uncle somewhere.:biggrin: glad to hear they work good.

Tom

SAFN49
February 24, 2016, 22:42
My buddy has 2, he loves them, thought not for that price.

ftierson
February 24, 2016, 23:53
Thanks Forrest, yes it's the .22. I figure a real one isn't going to happen unless i win the lottery or find out I have a rich uncle somewhere.:biggrin: glad to hear they work good.

At one point, there was talk about ATI importing a 7.92x33mm 'version,' very similar to the original and I thought that you might have been talking about that and left a zero off the amount... :)

By the way, I have a friend who, after dicking with mine, splurged on one of his own. Other than the hernia you might develop trying to lug one around, they really are great fun to shoot...

Forrest

ftierson
February 24, 2016, 23:57
By the way, after looking at the gun, it doesn't strike me as a difficult engineering job for them to come up with a .22WMR version. I'd be in for one... :)

Forrest

JAB75
February 25, 2016, 08:10
I like mine. Heavy, fun, and CHEWS through .22lr with no problem. Feeding it could be a problem if you do not have a stockpile of ammo.

-JAB75

toys
February 25, 2016, 14:23
I'm looking at one.

but I'm thinking of getting the 223 version first even tho i dumped my 223 guns.

G3isMe
February 27, 2016, 07:31
I like mine. Heavy, fun, and CHEWS through .22lr with no problem. Feeding it could be a problem if you do not have a stockpile of ammo.

-JAB75

I have the ATI version which I bought when they first became available. I love mine. HMG has just released their updated version in several different calibers includeing the the original 7.92x33. I am hoping they eventually go down in price as now they are around $1,800

https://www.hmgunworks.com/product/hmg-sturmgewehr-standard-length-223/

https://www.hmgunworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/STGN1web1-490x490.jpg

VALMET
February 27, 2016, 11:10
I've toyed with the idea of picking one of these up. When they first came out I dismissed it as a cheap retro in 22 until I got my hands on one and was impressed. I like the feel of them and I need one like I need a hole in the head but for the price it's hard for me to turn away from it.

ftierson
February 27, 2016, 11:34
I've toyed with the idea of picking one of these up. When they first came out I dismissed it as a cheap retro in 22 until I got my hands on one and was impressed. I like the feel of them and I need one like I need a hole in the head but for the price it's hard for me to turn away from it.

That was exactly my thought process and 'logic'... :)

Forrest

BigBoy1
February 29, 2016, 11:13
I have one of the .22LR STGs. I got it because I wanted to see how accurate a reproduction it was. Below is a picture of my original MP43 on top and the .22LR STG on bottom. The .22LR is a very good replica of the original one. One just has to be careful of the zinc receiver in the .22 and acids, as the acids will attack it. Keep a good coat of oil on the zinc receiver and that will offer good protection for the acid in one's hands.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t308/i422twains/PICT0204.jpg (http://s163.photobucket.com/user/i422twains/media/PICT0204.jpg.html)