PDA

View Full Version : Glock Service

BiGB808
February 22, 2016, 15:34
Because of one of you guys here who alerted me about Glock Warranty and service repairs..I saw the $57 night sight options. I did it..fast turn around, sent them my slide gutted, two weeks later it came back with glow in the dark so I don't get scared at night! _

Thank you
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x141/BrokerBwurth/20160217_120915_zpsiborutjd.jpg

TurnkeyNomo
February 22, 2016, 15:50
I am an armorer for a small department and have always been happy with Glock. They're easy to deal with, and the one time I asked for a price quote on a few small parts they mailed em to me for free and said thanks for choosing Glock. Of course they keep trying to get us to upgrade to gen 4's but that's a whole other issue.

ftierson
February 22, 2016, 15:54
Happy, happy... :)

Forrest

VALMET
February 22, 2016, 16:24
Nice! I've always had an excellent experience with Glock CS!

W.E.G.
February 22, 2016, 17:23
Right on!

SWOHFAL
February 22, 2016, 21:37
Glock sights are a fairly easy install. I drifted my plastic rear out for a factory metal and replaced the front with a no-insert metal Trijicon "barleycorn" type that looks factory. If I did it again, I'd just put a front with a NS insert on.

ftierson
February 22, 2016, 21:43
Glock sights are a fairly easy install. I drifted my plastic rear out for a factory metal and replaced the front with a no-insert metal Trijicon "barlycorn" type that looks factory. If I did it again, I'd just put a front with a NS insert on.

Especially if you have one of the Glock specific sight pushers for the angled rear sight (which I have)...

But, then again, here we're talking about Glock supplying and installing Glock (Meprolight) night sights for $57, including the return shipping to you for the slide...

With your easy install, can you buy Meprolight night sights for that price, let alone install them? I can't...

Forrest

SWOHFAL
February 23, 2016, 17:00
Especially if you have one of the Glock specific sight pushers for the angled rear sight (which I have)...

But, then again, here we're talking about Glock supplying and installing Glock (Meprolight) night sights for $57, including the return shipping to you for the slide...

With your easy install, can you buy Meprolight night sights for that price, let alone install them? I can't...

Forrest

I could do a front NS sight install cheaper, and that's pretty much all you're going to be using at night, point shooting, not going for perfect sight alignment. I couldn't do front and rear for that price, however. On any other gun, I'd probably send the slide in, but I was just remarking on ease, not price. I just kinda like DIY, irrespective of cost.