PDA

View Full Version : Contributor Benefits

jollyrogerf14
February 08, 2016, 13:08
Apologies if this is elsewhere, but I have been looking for close to an hour now, and the words "contributor" and "contribution" are apparently too long to be recognized by the search feature. Are there any benefits for the different levels of contribution?

I want to contribute, but if the only benefit of a platinum contribution is that I get to feel good for having given so much money, then I would like to not feel quite so good. I'm pretty low on the income scale, and about 30 years from retiring, so I count my pennies regularly. I appreciate the forum and would like to donate to help with costs, but the level of which matters on the return.

If you can please direct me to where this is all spelled out for me, I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks!

jollyrogerf14
February 08, 2016, 13:32
No. I found that, but it only shows prices. I'm looking for what the difference is between "contributor" and "gold contributor". Beyond the price and name though. Is it easier to post pictures? Are there "members only" sections? If I pay $500 do I get a hat pin or maybe a whole hat? That kind of stuff. I don't buy a Belgian FAL over a Century/Hesse just because I want to spend more money, I do it because it's better. I'll contribute no matter what, the forum is worth it, but I don't need a $500 hat pin. :). I hope you understand.

NFADLR
February 08, 2016, 13:44
Yes as I recall there are members only sections.

Have to get on the road or I would search further.

DONT PM or EM WEG, he wouldNT know better where this info is.

W.E.G.
February 08, 2016, 13:46
Do NOT send me PM's about anything that has to do with FAL Files money.

I have NOTHING to do with FAL Files money.

This also means I am not a repository of information as to any aspect of FAL Files money.

Seriously.

If it has ANYTHING to do with FAL Files money, do NOT ask me questions about it.

perryturner
February 08, 2016, 13:54
Are there any benefits for the different levels of contribution? None that I've ever heard about.

Nuttz
February 08, 2016, 13:58

This also means I am not a repository of information as to any aspect of FAL Files money.

Seriously.

If it has ANYTHING to do with FAL Files money, do NOT ask me questions about it.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/08/ec/9f/08ec9fc0ee36a7bbe863077783584066.jpg

meltblown
February 08, 2016, 14:00
Larger message box, dumping brass thread, and contributors thread. Hell just kick in $10 and contribute.

NFADLR
February 08, 2016, 14:55
Sorry my mistake.

For the record who could be PM'ed / EM'ed about such questions, Would you happen to know ?

Take judicial notice I didn't EM or PM you the past question.

Seriously.

W.E.G.
February 08, 2016, 14:58
Jen.

...and ONLY Jen.

For anything that has to do with money.

jollyrogerf14
February 08, 2016, 15:41
I didn't PM anyone and I don't even know what EM means. I tried to find the right place to ask this question after searching for the answer for an hour myself, and finally decided that general information was a good place to ask. It sounds like the best answer is PM Jen.

Invictus77
February 08, 2016, 16:34
dumping brass thread

....and what if he does a bronze membership, then learns what these scallywags around here are saying about him in "dumping brass"? :whistling:

meltblown
February 08, 2016, 17:41
....and what if he does a bronze membership, then learns what these scallywags around here are saying about him in "dumping brass"? :whistling:

DB is for any contributor. Don't be diatribing, nor crawfishing, or deleting threads about diatribing, and deleting butt hurt threads that GP told it like it is, or grannies and Rugers, and he shouldn't have to worry about it.:p

Invictus77
February 08, 2016, 18:27
DB is for any contributor. Don't be diatribing, nor crawfishing, or deleting threads about diatribing, and deleting butt hurt threads that GP told it like it is, or grannies and Rugers, and he shouldn't have to worry about it.:p

Yes but, in DB can't you diatribe about butthurt deletions if your crawfish grandma has a 1022 built by GP????

Enquiring minds want to know :angel:

Nuttz
February 08, 2016, 19:24
What is Dumping Brass? :whistling:

meltblown
February 08, 2016, 19:31
Yes but, in DB can't you diatribe about butthurt deletions if your crawfish grandma has a 1022 built by GP????

Enquiring minds want to know :angel:

You can get butthurt in DB until we hear different. WEG and GP generally don't interject much in the Missile Command looking basement. Huey tends to stay out so I don't have to deal with toothpaste preferences and off subject shit. :beer:

W.E.G.
February 08, 2016, 19:37
I do not post in the basement.

I occasionally do open the door at the top of the stairs, and if I see too many of you with your pants off, I flood the damn place.

Same applies if the smell coming from down there has me gagging while I'm trying to eat breakfast.

Invictus77
February 08, 2016, 20:10
I occasionally do open the door at the top of the stairs, and if I see too many of you with your pants off, I flood the damn place.

LOL - Someone needs this as a sig line. It's a classic that rivals the "I suspect gravity" line!

Well done Gary :cheers:

meltblown
February 08, 2016, 20:21
LOL - Someone needs this as a sig line. It's a classic that rivals the "I suspect gravity" line!

Well done Gary :cheers:

Actually he does post there. Maybe a couple of times. He can't resist the smell. But forgets that he did. Kinda like picking up chicks at Wally. Stop in the wine aisle, beer cooler, and chicken stand on the way to the house. After about 3 days you forget.

SAFN49
February 08, 2016, 21:29
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/08/ec/9f/08ec9fc0ee36a7bbe863077783584066.jpg

When you go platinum you get text alerts on your smart phone when someone posts keywords, which you select, in the MP. Like Para, Stg58, or M1. It shows up before anyone else sees it and allows you to say I'll take it before anyone else gets the chance.

Just kidding :uhoh:

jollyrogerf14
February 08, 2016, 21:55
When you go platinum you get text alerts on your smart phone when someone posts keywords, which you select, in the MP. Like Para, Stg58, or M1. It shows up before anyone else sees it and allows you to say I'll take it before anyone else gets the chance.

Just kidding :uhoh:

Ha! And yet I still beat you to posting (but not buying) on the M1, and then I read the just kidding. :) I was kind of hoping platinum would give me some sort of Jedi mind reading power...

jollyrogerf14
February 08, 2016, 21:56

Somebody is ragging on me? That's worth a membership right there to find out what for! :) You guys don't have to go somewhere secret to call me a name if I do something inappropriate. Always feel free to slap me right in the face with it. If you feel like making the drive, feel free to come all the way to the great white north and slap me in the face with it! Last thing I want to be is a jerk, if I'm being one, call me out!

SAFN49
February 08, 2016, 22:05
Somebody is ragging on me? That's worth a membership right there to find out what for! :) You guys don't have to go somewhere secret to call me a name if I do something inappropriate. Always feel free to slap me right in the face with it. If you feel like making the drive, feel free to come all the way to the great white north and slap me in the face with it! Last thing I want to be is a jerk, if I'm being one, call me out!

You better pony up. We are talking a bunch of sh!t about you down in DB. :D

jollyrogerf14
February 08, 2016, 22:09
You better pony up. We are talking a bunch of sh!t about you down in DB. :D

I'm kinda thinking I don't want to ruin your "safe zone" :)

SAFN49
February 08, 2016, 22:26

Probably is best that you stay away.

So we're in for a jolly rogering down in the basement?!?

Jaxxas
February 08, 2016, 22:29

Deep waters down there bro, make sure you can swim!:devil:

Texgunner
February 08, 2016, 23:47
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cpbbuaIA3Ds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>