PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Crawfish James Krause, Dayton Ohio

gunplumber
February 06, 2016, 10:01
Mr. Krause expressed by e-mail that he had an interest in purchasing an IMBEL receiver that I had offered for sale. It was unclear to me whether he was committing to purchase it or just "interested". I advised him I needed a clear commitment. He contacted me by phone at 1:09 PM on Thursday 2-4-16, and agreed to the purchase. I pulled my ad.

He contacted me this morning

On 2/6/2016 7:34 AM, James Kraus wrote:
> Hey Mark, I just wanted to let you know that I found a reciever and a
> gunsmith that builds L1A1's here in Dayton,Oh. I'm going to pass on your
> reciever only because I want to keep it local. I appreciated all your
> help in this matter. Look forward to doing some business with you in the
> future. James Kraus

To which I replied.

You made a legally binding agreement, to purchase A at price B. I took down my advertisement based on your phone call (1:09 PM on 2/4/16) .

You have shown that your word means nothing. I have no interest in doing business with you in the future. I have posted an appropriate warnings of your dishonesty to other in this hobby and business.

EPC WN
February 06, 2016, 10:07
Dayton is a weird little burb filled with "interesting" people... unfortunately in this day and age, one's word is just air manipulated by the tongue and means little to most.

Roger Brown
February 06, 2016, 14:07
I have followed your posts for a long time and respect you and will listen to your opinion very closely! Rog

yellowhand
February 06, 2016, 14:30
The only thing we take with us to the grave is our honor and good word!

L Haney
February 06, 2016, 14:41
I step on turds sometimes in my back yard. Got dogs, 'yanno? I wipe 'em off on the grass, use the hose before I go back inside.

Turds exist. They don't surprise me.

tdb59
February 06, 2016, 15:53
Turds exist. They don't surprise me.

Except when they occur while standing still.....

:sad:

4x401
February 06, 2016, 21:21
Appreciate the heads up Mr. Graham, thank you.

I'm ASSUMING said TURD contacted you from outside the sphere of our humble realm here, or you would have posted it's screen name for all to see?? Any particular online names we should be wary of beside what you posted??

slavicshooter
February 06, 2016, 23:33
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/slavicshooter/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/images-4_zpslrjyi3id.jpeg (http://s26.photobucket.com/user/slavicshooter/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/images-4_zpslrjyi3id.jpeg.html)

Blue Monster
February 07, 2016, 00:24
Dayton is a weird little burb filled with "interesting" people...

While a shadow of it's former self, Dayton is one of the most dynamic cities history has ever produced. As a Daytonian I suggest reading some history of the "little burb" look up Wright, Patterson, Kettering and the Engineer's Club to get started.

Sorry Mark, I tend to bristle a bit at folks forgetting that Dayton provided us with so much we rely on every single day. :redface:

Carry on.

EPC WN
February 07, 2016, 09:47
While a shadow of it's former self, Dayton is one of the most dynamic cities history has ever produced. As a Daytonian I suggest reading some history of the "little burb" look up Wright, Patterson, Kettering and the Engineer's Club to get started.

Sorry Mark, I tend to bristle a bit at folks forgetting that Dayton provided us with so much we rely on every single day. :redface:

Carry on.

Have you been there lately? Holy shit, almost half the houses are abandoned and heroin junkies are everywhere. You're right though, it used to be a neat little place. Any more it's a hard pass and I refuse to take my children there...

Blue Monster
February 07, 2016, 11:09
Yes I have, a few weeks ago and you're full of it.

It has it's bad neighborhoods and downtown is suffering, but it's not half abandoned and full of junkies.

The rust belt view from I75 is limited and goes down the West side of the Miami, the West side of Dayton has always been a dump.
I am betting you are just talking downtown and have never enjoyed Oakwood, The Pine Club, The Air Force Museum, one of the finest Art museums in the country, DLM, Indian mounds, 19th century canals, Wright Brothers Home and many other places.

I have worked almost every single major market in the country, almost all have a Demon run, trashed downtown as does Dayton, however a slice of downtown does not make the town. Besides, I am forgetting about the Oregon district...

Obviously you have never been to a really bad city, come join me in Highland Park or East St. Louise or Over the Rhine or Youngstown and then tell me how bad "little" Dayton is.

I have sent more than one Filers to awesome stops in Dayton.

Mark, again I apologize. :D

juanni
February 07, 2016, 13:59

It has it's bad neighborhoods and downtown is suffering, but it's not half abandoned and full of junkies.

The rust belt view from I75 is limited and goes down the West side of the Miami, the West side of Dayton has always been a dump.
I am betting you are just talking downtown and have never enjoyed Oakwood, The Pine Club, The Air Force Museum, one of the finest Art museums in the country, DLM, Indian mounds, 19th century canals, Wright Brothers Home and many other places.

I have worked almost every single major market in the country, almost all have a Demon run, trashed downtown as does Dayton, however a slice of downtown does not make the town. Besides, I am forgetting about the Oregon district...

Obviously you have never been to a really bad city, come join me in Highland Park or East St. Louise or Over the Rhine or Youngstown and then tell me how bad "little" Dayton is.

So how is the crawfishing in Dayton?
Did GP just get lucky or is it full of them?

GP, what is the username of this scallywag?

.............juanni

4duece
February 07, 2016, 21:50
Sell it to Louis and stop crying. He is in need of a good receiver. For a tough guy you sure do whine alot. But then again who wears SOCKS with sandals.

4x401
February 07, 2016, 22:03
Sell it to Louis and stop crying. He is in need of a good receiver. For a tough guy you sure do whine alot. But then again who wears SOCKS with sandals.

He called out a POS and I'm grateful for it.

And selling anything to Luey short of a years supply of Massengill products is a fools errand. :|

EPC WN
February 08, 2016, 12:11

I used to hang out in over the Rhine for fun in college. Not so bad. Not taking my kids there today on purpose. Some neat art galleries there...

Dayton's modern art museum might only be second in the region to Chicago's, but simply due to the size. Their collection of major works by major artists is indeed impressive and is an absolute mandatory visit.

With that said I can cherry pick nice spots in a lot of places that have declined rapidly over the recent years. It's the surrounding areas that show you how hard Dayton has been hit economically. Went to the Bill Goodman up there not long ago and wished I had bought a gun for the return ride back. I wouldn't want to need gas anywhere south of the show.

I'm really not trying to hate on Dayton, it's not all bad, but it has become known as the heroin capital of Ohio.

adam762
February 09, 2016, 16:27
Dayton has a neat art museum. There's Carrilon Park. Victoria Theatre. Wright Patterson and the Air Force Museum.

It also has been home to Todd Grove (Ohio Rapid Fire) and the Norvells. Jordan Norvell may still be using facebook to try to solicit builds, who knows. He still has my tools at any rate.

Meh. All towns have their ups and downs.

This is the second time recently I've heard of some mystery person doing builds in the Dayton area. Who is this, and why aren't they present here on the files? Tough to know about FALs and not the Files. Something is fishy.