PDA

View Full Version : M1's at CMP

Eyeguy
January 31, 2016, 18:51
CMP will start accepting orders Monday 2/1/16 for a limited number of field and service grade M1 carbines. Alabama and Ohio stores will offer an "extremely small quantity" of rifles in store on 2/4/16.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-carbine/

richbug
January 31, 2016, 19:05
Mailed my order Friday. Should arrive Monday. With any luck I will get something nice or out of the ordinary. With the way carbine prices have gone, even a beat to crap Inland is worth the money.

A1Trigger_Happy
February 01, 2016, 10:07
I didn't know they had carbines again. How much are they asking for them?

warsteiner_1970
February 01, 2016, 14:25
And.....SOLD OUT.....Man that was quick....:facepalm:

My order arrived at 9:17AM....:calvinpraying:

Democrat1
February 02, 2016, 01:52
I didn't know they had carbines again. How much are they asking for them?

$685 for nicer ones, $625 for less nice.

They should have a few in the North and South stores February 4.

GApilot
February 04, 2016, 22:40
Based upon what I understand about CMP and provisioning, you have to have the order present on the sale date. It would be nice if CMP would take use the postmark and place those in a basket for luck of the draw. This method would be fair, maybe allow 5-7 days and go off the postmark. Just an idea.

randy762ak
February 05, 2016, 07:29
CMP Pulls some serious s*&^t !!!!! They price things so low and then Its see who can load up the CC as fast as allowed to. then other things way off the board in price! Surplus ammo comes to mind ! HXP sells for near as much as Federal premium at wally world..

My case in Point,,I needed a Scope ring and other goodies for an M1 D CMP put them for sale at --GET this $35 bucks and the going price was $200+ in the first 5 min they were totally sold out and a day later the market was flooded with scope rings for --TTa daa $200+ $$$

I was Pizzed Off Big time ,,If CMP had offered them at $195 There would have been some left for the rest of us who get home from work at 5PM !! and I let them know too!!

richbug
February 05, 2016, 08:15
Based upon what I understand about CMP and provisioning, you have to have the order present on the sale date. It would be nice if CMP would take use the postmark and place those in a basket for luck of the draw. This method would be fair, maybe allow 5-7 days and go off the postmark. Just an idea.

In the past any orders that arrived within a day or two were accepted. Once I got a phone call out of the blue about a rifle I had ordered and not received as the rush of orders was too great, almost 2 years after I had placed the order. They wanted to know if I still wanted it. It seems they place you on back order if demand exceeds supply. I had to send in a current club membership and 3 weeks later received my rifle.

They have raised their ammo prices to meet what the market will bear. Not so long ago they were selling 15-20 cent 30-06, and it was ending up stacked at every gun show for market price(50-60 cents). They have a limited supply, and when it is gone, it is gone for good. When that cash cow dries up, all that will be left in 30-06 is going to be new commercial ammo.

SAFN49
February 06, 2016, 00:37
North store sales video.
https://www.facebook.com/189338667811468/videos/979552868790040/

That's why I avoid this crap

ArtBanks
February 06, 2016, 05:58
Looks just like when the carbines were for sale during the Nationals last year. I managed to snag what I wanted, but darn near got trampled in the mean time.