PDA

View Full Version : Completed Form 4 purchase today

BamaFal
January 22, 2016, 20:31
HeavyD Trust
check cashed 8/31/16
Approved and mailed 1/15/16
Picked up today! 1/22/16

Purchased thru SilencerShop and transferred through the SilencerLoft. Really an easy process.

YHM Sidewinder and YHM Ti Phantom QD

Seems everybody is buying now and inventory is slammed!

ncjeeper
January 22, 2016, 20:36
Looks like processing times have slowed a bit compared to last summer.

CG&L
January 23, 2016, 20:25
I thought people were out of money. The market place on many forums has a lots of guns for sale yet nobody is buying. Prices are down for new ARs

The suppressor buying seems strange. Why have people decided they need suppressors?

Oh well, it looks like 4 1/2 months is now the norm. I just bought an Omega, was hoping to get it by the end of March. Probably be mid-May by the looks of things

BamaFal
January 23, 2016, 21:31
As to why I would invest in a Form 4 and suppressors, I suppose the buy decision was comprised of several parts:

1. It only became legal to hunt with a suppressor in this state last summer.
2. I had not looked into suppressors seriously because the current Sheriff and his immediate predecessor would not sign off for purchase for us mere mortals.
3. In studying the issue I discovered Trusts and in turn their usefulness for this and other life issues.
4. Personally, not adding insult to injury of further damage to my hearing is a real motivation.
5. The idea that I could purchase and pass along to fellow Trust members appealed to me greatly.
6. After using them I can say that they add a new dimension of pleasure to my recreational shooting.

Yes, they are expensive. To me, they are worth it. I do hope the legistation to drop the NFA requirement for suppressors is successful. Until then, there is a way to get something that may not be available in the near future.

ALL FAL
January 25, 2016, 23:13
As in make some and use them. I may be on lists, but not like you guys are. :)

dtom29
January 26, 2016, 09:54
Once again All Fal sticks his nose in where he claims he doesn't want to be...:facepalm:Oh, and making statements like the above puts you on a list we aren't on, and it's not the one you think it is. Since your only contribution in this or any other thread in the class III files is like a cut-n-paste, why not save us all some trouble and just post your user name and we can ignore it without you having to type anything.:rolleyes:

BamaFal
January 26, 2016, 10:21
Without a doubt I am on a number of man made lists. However, there is only one list that is important to me: GOD's. Because that list is the only list that matters.

ALL FAL
January 27, 2016, 03:32
Glad you got your toy Bama.