PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Determine Value of Stolen Gun

Col. Bat Guano
January 19, 2016, 00:09
This isn't the way I wanted to start the New Year. A couple of weeks ago, by office was burglarized by some meth-head who was trying to gain entrance to the nearby drugstore. Long story short, I am trying to determine the value of a stolen firearm -- a Colt 1911 Government commercial model, 1968 production. While I can look up the Blue Book value for a pistol in 98% condition, in my case, the pistol was new-in-box, never fired. Consequently, there is no Blue Book listing for such a beast.

If any of you could point me in the direction of a resource to determine the value of this pistol, your input would be greatly appreciated.

okiefarmer
January 19, 2016, 01:31
Wouldn't it be easier to just add the 2%?:wink::wink:

I mean, it's simple math. If 98% is worth $X, then $X + .02X should be your value.

Just trying to help. The new math they teach these days is harder to grasp for any here.:takebow::takebow::takebow:

yellowhand
January 19, 2016, 03:56
Each policy that we all sign and never read, at least all the small print, covers this for you.

This is the one for Allstate:

https://www.allstate.com/home-insurance/personal-property-coverage.aspx

I added extra coverage for all of my stuff, with some of the firearms being listed as select items and appraised that way by actual replacement cost for that one off item.

Or some such wording, didn't read all the pages of fine print.:biggrin:

SPEEDGUNNER
January 19, 2016, 08:24
$2200. You never score high by aiming low. Let the insurance company try to chop you.