PDA

View Full Version : Witt Machine Suppressor for 1919..Amazingly Quiet

Bubacus
January 18, 2016, 10:41
Wow, this suppressor far exceeded what I expected. Backyard beltfed practice might now be a reality!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/18/shot-2016-range-day-silence-from-witt-machine/

<iframe width="660" height="402" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W7HBC3sz-ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[SHOT 2016 Range Day] Nothing But Silence from Witt Machine (Suppressed M1919!!!!)
Shares

Last year Witt Machine brought a number of interesting new muzzle devices to SHOT Industry Day at the Range. This year, along with some devilish grins, they brought some new toys they have been working on.

The eye-catching feature of their booth was a table mounted M1919 surrounded by belts of gleaming ammo. And this wasn’t even Industry Day at the Range proper—just The Firearm Blog’s exclusive pre-day. Did I mention that it was suppressed? Definitely the first time I had ever seen a unicorn like that… If you ever have the chance to shoot one, I highly recommend it. Until that day, please enjoy this teaser:

So, is this what they are producing? Nope. This was just the flashing neon sign used to draw people in to see what they are really offering this year—integrally suppressed rifles. And if you already have a rifle, they are offering just the suppressor.

Their 100% titanium suppressor utilizes their patented baffle system and is seeing a 37db+ SPL reduction. It is available for any caliber in any thread pattern, and you can have one with a custom serial number (available upon request). The user-serviceable suppress will come in two sizes: a 5.8 inch model weighing 11 ounces and a 9 inch model weighing 15.5 ounces.

Witt Machine’s complete integrally suppressed rifle uses their same 100% titanium suppressor technology.

This is the shortest suppressed .300 Blackout Hog killing machine that you can own with one tax stamp. Lightweight, Compact, and quick to maneuver in any situation from hunting to home defense.

It will boast a mil spec upper receiver with forward assist, a nickel boron treated BGC charging handle, and hex hand guard. Barrel sleeves will be available in polished titanium, high temp graphite black, or FDE ceratoke.

gunplumber
January 18, 2016, 10:54
Why a semi? And is it the suppressor that cause it to malfunction so often?

SAFN49
January 18, 2016, 19:30
I've gotta ask,

What did they do to get a 1919 to cycle (most of the time) with subsonic ammo?

It appears to have no front BBL bushing and a suppressor (extra weight) hanging off the end of the bbl.

stimpsonjcat
January 19, 2016, 15:27
Near as I can tell the can rides on the bbl and there is no functioning booster.

maybe they have a slip-fit expansion area for the primary blast chamber and the outer portion screws in where the booster would have been.

You can see the jams are both with the bbl to the rear, so they may have also tweaked the recoil springs and that is causing issues feeding back into battery.

ALL FAL
January 27, 2016, 20:14
Marginal POS.

Skilter
January 27, 2016, 20:28
Run it full auto and then I will be impressed if using 30-06 in an original platform.