PDA

View Full Version : Form 1 question

hkshooter
January 17, 2016, 17:54
Making an SBR from an AR lower. Cal on the lower is listed as "Multi". Is "multi" permissible on the Form 1 or will I need to list all possible calibers?

L Haney
January 17, 2016, 17:55
Pick one. Have an upper in that around somewhere. Make life simple.

Jon Frum
January 17, 2016, 18:17
Pick one. Have an upper in that around somewhere. Make life simple.

I concur.

hkshooter
January 17, 2016, 18:30
Thanks, guys.
I haven't seen a Form 1 for a couple of years, just went and looked, form says "(specify one)" under caliber. I guess that settles it.
Was curious to see there's a payment sheet included now, like they will charge a card. Interesting.
Now I need to read up and determine if the LEO signature is still in play for someone without a trust. This has been a bit confusing.

Jon Frum
January 17, 2016, 19:30
Wait a few months and you will not need a signoff, it seems. I got mine signed and sent it in anyway.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395434

meltblown
January 17, 2016, 19:42
Thanks, guys.
I haven't seen a Form 1 for a couple of years, just went and looked, form says "(specify one)" under caliber. I guess that settles it.
Was curious to see there's a payment sheet included now, like they will charge a card. Interesting.
Now I need to read up and determine if the LEO signature is still in play for someone without a trust. This has been a bit confusing.

LEO sign off sunsets when the new regulation becomes active. The regulation was entered into the federal register and becomes effective 6 months after. So, if you have a trust, then all things are the same until July 13(close). You will need LEO until this time for an individual. After that trusts have to file fingerprint cards and photos like individuals.

If you have a trust and you have had a completed transaction within 24 months (note completed as of July 13) then you file the same with no prints and photos. Once you lapse for 24 months, you will have to file with a trust about the same way as an individual.

LEO sign off will then be replaced with LEO notification that you have your toy for both trusts and individuals.

If the transaction is not complete for a trust by July 13, you will be ok for the device applied for...not subsequent stamps without submitting fingerprint and photos of the trustees.

To answer your question, you need LEO until mid July.

hkshooter
January 19, 2016, 20:52
Thanks, MB.

NC Rifleman
January 19, 2016, 23:23
meltblown, I haven't read the new regulations yet. Are you saying that someone having gone the trust route and completed a transaction, such as a Form 1 approval, within the previous 24 months of July 13 would then be able to just submit the same trust paperwork without prints/pics should they decide to file another Form 1 in November? And the same again if done within 24 months of that one being approved? Thanks

meltblown
January 20, 2016, 09:00
meltblown, I haven't read the new regulations yet. Are you saying that someone having gone the trust route and completed a transaction, such as a Form 1 approval, within the previous 24 months of July 13 would then be able to just submit the same trust paperwork without prints/pics should they decide to file another Form 1 in November? And the same again if done within 24 months of that one being approved? Thanks

I got some clarification at the class 3 dealer the other day, but I'm going to call the attorney and make sure. I may have spewed some wrong info. Dealer thinks that after July 13, you will still have to submit FP card and photo. But if you lapse filing form 1 or 4s for 24 months, then you have to send again.