PDA

View Full Version : Detonics Combat Master

Casqui1541
January 14, 2016, 23:05
Local shop going out of business has a used blued Detonics Combat Master in .45 clearance priced at $350. Looks like it has been used/carried but not abused. Failed to asked what it comes with other than the Pachmayer grips on it and the factory magazine that was in it. In the 17,1xx serial # range. Any opinions on it?

SAFN49
January 14, 2016, 23:30
I'll take it! I'll give you $700 for it sight unseen.

It's worth over a grand.

Black Blade
January 15, 2016, 12:45
Damn! A screaming deal. I would be surprised if it isn't sold already.

SPEEDGUNNER
January 15, 2016, 18:01
and you didn't buy it??

KoKodog
January 16, 2016, 10:14
back in the 80's I had a serious lust for a Detonics Combat Master in .45 ACP :biggrin:

nearmisses
January 16, 2016, 15:09
I had one, wish I hadn't sold it, but needed money. Buy the damn thing already! They're GREAT!

pre1989
January 16, 2016, 23:09
The question is who made it ? Org WA marker good to go ..Latter models ..eh

Oh very odd and cool guns though

Eyeguy
January 17, 2016, 00:31
Saw one of these in blue/good condition in a local pawn shop 6 months ago. Was being offered at $600?.found out what it was worth online but it was gone when I went back. Oh well....

Casqui1541
January 17, 2016, 13:06
Got it yesterday, $350 OTD. Knew it was a great deal $ wise. Was more interested in personal experience/opinions. It's blued and appears to be all original. It is a .45 "Detonics Assocs." Seattle, WA, model. It came with only the factory mag that was in it. Ran 3 mag's through it, and it seems quite accurate and performed well. PPK and Polish P64 are the only other pistols with comparable grip sizes I've shot before now though, and this is a different beast entirely. May take more familiarization before I can do my best with it. Like many used pieces I've picked up, it appeared to have not had thorough internal cleaning in a while. I'll see what, if any difference, my cleaning/lubing it makes as I hadn't yet done that before shooting it yesterday. I was racing sunset.
I failed to notice if it has the earlier 2-spring or the later 3-spring recoil spring assembly. Not knowing round count on this pistol, I wouldn't mind replacing these springs w/ the later 3-springs if available and compatible. Anybody have comments (good or bad) about personal experience of reliability/accuracy with these pistols?

TXscout
January 19, 2016, 00:26
You did very well for $350.

I've been playing with the captive 3 springs, and slowly but surely replacing/hand fitting all internals, except original HTS, with some Ed Brown Hardcore internals--slide stop, extractor, ejector, firing pin stop, and springs, thus far. I read about some having great success reaming out the original guide plug to .25" to fit an Officers guide rod coupled with a single, flat wire spring--I think they had to trim it back 1.5 coils, so it won't stack.

http://i65.tinypic.com/25tjj1t.jpg

Casqui1541
February 07, 2016, 22:09
Realized this pistol is older than I thought. Closer inspection shows the serial # has an "I" prefix that I thought was a 1. Actual serial # is 7,1xx, not 17,1xx. It does have the original 2-spring recoil spring assembly.