PDA

View Full Version : what's with sigforum?

Stoney
December 30, 2015, 14:21
wont let me register because i use aol

hagar
December 30, 2015, 14:48
Maybe it's because AOL IS a virus..:biggrin:

K.O.A.M.
December 30, 2015, 15:19
The owner's maniacal when it comes to running the place the way he wants. He's convinced that by banning web-based mail services, he keeps the spam out of it. I registered with my work email, then went in and changed my profile to my yahoo. They don't have any PM or notification features on Sigforum, so changing it afterwards doesn't raise his ire.

meltblown
December 30, 2015, 16:08
I thought arfcom had the same policy

VALMET
December 30, 2015, 16:11
I thought arfcom had the same policy

I believe that they do (at least they used to).

rheubers
December 31, 2015, 02:35
The owner's maniacal when it comes to running the place the way he wants. He's convinced that by banning web-based mail services, he keeps the spam out of it. I registered with my work email, then went in and changed my profile to my yahoo. They don't have any PM or notification features on Sigforum, so changing it afterwards doesn't raise his ire.

Changing the email in your profile only changes how another member contacts you. The policy on what is accepted for registration is to cull potential trolls (and they seem to gravitate there) when using free mail accounts. Or banned return trolls (yes, there are a few) Banning of automatically approved accounts can reduce the noise.

SWOHFAL
January 03, 2016, 07:05
Changing the email in your profile only changes how another member contacts you. The policy on what is accepted for registration is to cull potential trolls (and they seem to gravitate there) when using free mail accounts. Or banned return trolls (yes, there are a few) Banning of automatically approved accounts can reduce the noise.

It would seem, based on accounts from around the 'net, with screen saves, including former mods, that the biggest troll going is the shyster who owns and runs the site.

Retired Bum
January 03, 2016, 21:09
SWOHFAL,

I have to agree with your assessment of the SigForum owner. He banned me because I dared to disagree with his opinion of a certain handgun I owned. I didn't get abusive or even mildly critical but maybe he was on the rag that day and I got axed.

And so it goes.

The Retired One