PDA

View Full Version : Scope rail for K1

Ceecay
December 18, 2015, 21:51
Does anyone have a scope mounted on a K1 ? If so, can you post a picture.

ratas calientes
December 18, 2015, 22:43
I'd be interested to see what people do to mount scopes on their K1A1s.

I have one (no scope) and it is a hoot to shoot. The fixed ejector throws the brass a mile. The thing is also silly light.

You may want to contact Derek at AXEZ.com. He is a big Daewoo fan.

Ceecay
December 19, 2015, 17:22
The fact that it's light and compact, especially with the wire stock removed, makes it an ideal home defense weapon. My eyes are not what they used to be so an iluminated low power scope or red dot or perhaps a laser would greatly improve my target acquisition. The rise in home invasions has made me move up to an AR platform after years of relying on a handgun or shotgun. What is scary is that I have seen gang banger types with body armor practicing at a local range. Management didn't seem to care as long as they were paying the range fee. Times have surely changed.

ratas calientes
December 19, 2015, 20:24
I would think it would be easy to mount a laser right to the barrel. I am pretty sure you can also get handguards with rails also to mount laser or light or scope.

Ceecay
December 21, 2015, 07:32
I don't like attaching anything to a barel that will get very hot very quickly, especially something that runs off a heat sensitive battery. I'm just looking for a rail to mount on the upper receiver period. The quad rails are not for me. I don't care to turn my rifle into a Swiss Army knife. There has to be a way to add a rail short of tapping into the upper receiver. But, if no other options are available, i wil consider doing so.

vandal968
December 21, 2015, 13:52
Call Derek at Daewoorifleparts.com he probably knows more about woos than anyone else in this country. He can tell you what your options are.

cheers,
c

Ceecay
December 21, 2015, 14:43
Thanks Vandal.

Ceecay
December 23, 2015, 20:11
Well, I guess no one has a scope on their K1 rifle.

ratas calientes
December 30, 2015, 14:40
Did you get a chance to contact Derek?

Ceecay
December 30, 2015, 15:03
Not yet. Was hoping to see at least one picture here of someone's solution for a mount. I'll try him next week when this holiday thing is over and I'm back to my normal routine.