PDA

View Full Version : Need help advice on a trade offer

Guy-epic
December 18, 2015, 21:20
So I have a beater AK47 value $500 max. A guy wants to trade me a Over Under Mossberg Silver Reserve Two 12 gauge not sure on barrel length. It looks like it's in great shape. I shoot trap about two to three times a year. I have kinda wanted to get a O/U as I have shot a few and they are perfect for trap and skeet IMO. I checked one out and it shouldered nice for me, and cheek sat nice on it. I just have never owned a Mossberg. Thanks guys

MilsurpMonkey
December 18, 2015, 21:27
At most it is a $500 shotgun. From what I recall they had firing pin issues (breakage) entry level o/u can't remember if they are US made or not.

CG&L
December 18, 2015, 22:03
If you want to make an even swap, it's not a bad trade.

If you're really looking for a quality OU, a used Beretta can be had for under $1,000. I've seen nice ones go for $800
You can find a used SKB for about the same or less

Berettas come up from time to time on Bud's Guns but you have to be fairly quick as they sell quick

bulletslap
December 18, 2015, 23:51
The Silver Reserve is a Turk Shotgun.

fnogger
December 19, 2015, 11:47
Do what I did and wait for a ban panic. I traded a $200 WASR-10 for a $800 20ga O/U when Obama got elected the first time around.

Otherwise, I've seen the Mossy O/Us for 450-525 at shows ...

VALMET
December 19, 2015, 13:29
I'd hang onto the AK myself. I'd wait and try and find a LN/used Beretta for a bit more. I think you'll likely get more longevity with the Beretta.

Guy-epic
December 19, 2015, 17:00
I decided that he can give me $350 and the shotgun or I will walk. The AK has value for life, shotgun not so much, and I would rather get a better one.

meltblown
December 19, 2015, 17:06
I decided that he can give me $350 and the shotgun or I will walk. The AK has value for life, shotgun not so much, and I would rather get a better one.

Pretty good shotguns are cheap. WEG got a Camaro for his AK. That will always be my standard.

Guy-epic
December 19, 2015, 19:07
Pretty good shotguns are cheap. WEG got a Camaro for his AK. That will always be my standard.

Well I always go back to my years working with my uncle at his farm,& on job sites. He would always say all you need is a good rifle and ammo, with that you can get anything you need.

meltblown
December 19, 2015, 20:56
Well I always go back to my years working with my uncle at his farm,& on job sites. He would always say all you need is a good rifle and ammo, with that you can get anything you need.

Good ole boy friend on mine got a Benelli (sp). Shit he screwed up his skeet launcher from Bass Pro. :whistling: I only have an A5 FN. Want to get wife a 20 gauge to do the sporting clays as it's fun and would like to do it again. Hell I've only shot a shotgun 3 or 4 times in the last 15 years.

chino*74
December 27, 2015, 23:06
Beater AK? What make? Even older WASR10's will hold value or increase, esp. in times of panic buying. A shop in town when Odrama got re-elected tried to sell me a WASR10 (older model) & 500 rounds of steelcase for $800.00 I passed & spent my money on a Saiga & converted it myself, someone else got an old WASR that shoots so maybe he was happy too.

I'd be surprised if that shop paid more than $250 for that WASR (or comped that in a trade with cash for another sale) & back then 500 rounds of 7.62 was maybe $160?

AK's will hold their value.