PDA

View Full Version : Common 922 parts used

sbl11
December 18, 2015, 19:40
Anyone have advice on which parts to replace to have a kit built? Also who is the best builder?

Blackwing
December 19, 2015, 16:10
http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildG3VerifyCompliance

Go here and you can fill in and pick your parts.

Cornpone
December 19, 2015, 22:28
Anyone have advice on which parts to replace to have a kit built? Also who is the best builder?

1. Barrel.
2. Receiver.
3. Flash Suppressor.
4. Cocking Handle.
5. Trigger Box
6. Hammer.
7. Sear.

ghilliebear Jeff Walters on HKpro forum and member gunplumber here at the files are two of the Best builders. There is other guys but I'd try these two first.

sbl11
December 19, 2015, 23:05
thanks! A real good law, this one...haha

srinde
December 19, 2015, 23:32
I am not sure at all how easy to find or good they are, but if you used Thermold mags they would replace 3 items off the above list.

sbl11
December 20, 2015, 05:20
That's pretty sweet! May just buy a pte trigger pack and call it a day after that!

Blackwing
December 20, 2015, 17:25
1. Barrel.
2. Receiver.
3. Flash Suppressor.
4. Cocking Handle.
5. Trigger Box
6. Hammer.
7. Sear.

ghilliebear Jeff Walters on HKpro forum and member gunplumber here at the files are two of the Best builders. There is other guys but I'd try these two first.

Fixed it. I've worked with him for years.

Trypcil
December 20, 2015, 18:16
Trigger box - funny!
If it's a non commonwealth kit - I'd go HTS, gas rod, charging handle, pistol grip, receiver! But thats me! But buy one complete, the market is soft, then buy the tools with what you'll save, and build the kit yourself! It's not brain surgery - but any of the old souls here are highly regarded. Arch member Moses has mags., which will be 3 922 parts! Buy, then build!:biggrin:

djfin
December 20, 2015, 19:12
Trigger box - funny!
If it's a non commonwealth kit - I'd go HTS, gas rod, charging handle, pistol grip, receiver! But thats me! But buy one complete, the market is soft, then buy the tools with what you'll save, and build the kit yourself! It's not brain surgery - but any of the old souls here are highly regarded. Arch member Moses has mags., which will be 3 922 parts! Buy, then build!:biggrin:

You do understand that this post is about an HK-91 / G3 build and not a FAL kit . Not to many HK's use a gas rod

Elkaholic
December 20, 2015, 23:10
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394855

:biggrin:

Trypcil
December 21, 2015, 00:15
Pekin idjiot!:love:

K.O.A.M.
December 22, 2015, 11:17
When I had Gunplumber build out my Portuguese kit, I used the following parts:

1)receiver-PTR
2)trunnion-PTR
3)hammer-PTR
4)trigger-PTR
5)sear-PTR
6)trigger box-PTR
7)flash suppressor-Investment Grade Firearms

When I had Gunplumber convert my Greek SAR8 to a 91k, I used the following:
1)hammer-PTR
2)trigger-PTR
3)sear-PTR
4)trigger box-PTR
5)flash suppressor-Investment Grade Firearms
6)pistol grip-bought it from Apex, pretty sure it's Century, but marked made in USA
7)buttstock-PTR

Never had a problem with any of them.

N4KVE
December 22, 2015, 16:14
I am not sure at all how easy to find or good they are, but if you used Thermold mags they would replace 3 items off the above list.I have plenty of these, & they work 100%. Never paid more than $5 each. GARY

sbl11
December 22, 2015, 17:20
Now the question is whether a builder with replace only those parts that would make up the rest after the 3 from the magazine are counted!

Cornpone
December 22, 2015, 18:34
Fixed it. I've worked with him for years.

Thanks.
I was talking to a good friend on the phone when I was typing. His name is Jeff Ward.:facepalm: