PDA

View Full Version : CZ97

Klaus Von Richter
December 17, 2015, 06:14
Anyone have a CZ97? How do you like it? I love my CZ75 but would like one in .45. I haven't been able to find one locally to get my hands on.

toys
December 17, 2015, 15:51
i have 2 97B no D.

one NIB one LNIB.

The NIB is fine. The LNIB has feeding issues. But its probably the reason why its was sold for a good price. Easy fix tho.

They are tack drivers if you want to know.

If you can get your hand on a EAA/Witness large frame its about the same as the CZ 97B.

FYI, the EAAs aren't bad either. I like them too. Big reason is that you can get conversion kits for them. The 45 is also available in a 45/22 combo kit which i also have.

I dont believe the stock EAA/Witness is as accurate as the CZ, but its a nice platform. They are also available in 10mm if that floats your boat.

fnogger
December 17, 2015, 18:44
i have 2 97B no D.

one NIB one LNIB.

The NIB is fine. The LNIB has feeding issues. But its probably the reason why its was sold for a good price. Easy fix tho.

They are tack drivers if you want to know.

If you can get your hand on a EAA/Witness large frame its about the same as the CZ 97B.

FYI, the EAAs aren't bad either. I like them too. Big reason is that you can get conversion kits for them. The 45 is also available in a 45/22 combo kit which i also have.

I dont believe the stock EAA/Witness is as accurate as the CZ, but its a nice platform. They are also available in 10mm if that floats your boat.

And wiht the Witness you can convert to the other calibers....

Klaus Von Richter
December 17, 2015, 20:34
I would rather stick with a CZ.

Klaus Von Richter
December 18, 2015, 06:08
How is the grip compared to a CZ75? I read they are a little bigger.

toys
December 18, 2015, 20:21
How is the grip compared to a CZ75? I read they are a little bigger.

yes the grip is bigger.

Klaus Von Richter
December 19, 2015, 00:27
yes the grip is bigger.

How much bigger? My CZ75 fits my hand like it was made for it.

toys
December 19, 2015, 14:24
How much bigger? My CZ75 fits my hand like it was made for it.

heres pic i googled

1911 vs cz97

http://www.savvysurvivor.com/magwels.jpg

Wildcat
December 19, 2015, 17:16
Had mine for a long time.

Very accurate pistol. After cleaning up the trigger, it became much easier to shoot well. We were using empty shotgun hulls at 20-30ft for targets one afternoon.

The grip is larger than the 75. Trigger reach is longer too so I would recommend trying to handle one. For single-action shooting it doesn't matter that much.

I think the factory recoil spring was a bit light for hardball and replaced mine with a 15-lb spring from something else (source not indicated in my notes).
With a stronger spring, I needed to switch to a full length guide rod to keep the spring in place when reassembling the pistol.

Found out one day that the firing pin had broken at about the 3000 round mark. The pistol continued to run as if nothing was wrong. I discovered the pin was broken when I was cleaning the gun.

It doesn't like to eject aluminum shells properly.
It ate S&B ammo like candy.

When I started feeding it handloads, I found out that my gun is slightly sensitive to a certain cartridge-overall-length. I had some nose-down jams that stumped me for a while. Up to that point the gun had fed absolutely everything. Except for not spitting out the Blazer shells, it had been great.
The jams were intermittent and not confined to a single magazine. Shortening the COL about .020" cured the issue. I'm not saying there is a specific COL for the CZ but if you have cartridges hanging up at the bottom of the feed ramp, changing the COL is a possible solution.

Klaus Von Richter
December 19, 2015, 18:37
Thanks for everyone's input. The CZ97 does look a lot bigger. I guess I will keep trying to find one local to handle.

fnogger
December 31, 2015, 17:59
They aren't that much bigger...

That said, accordign to my spam folder in my email CDNN has the EAA version in 45acp "on sale" for what seems to be a good price...

back in the ussr
January 14, 2016, 19:39
I looked for the BD model for a reasonable price and gave up and bought the IWI Baby Eagle II in .45 acp. What I remember is the grip is lightly smaller than that of the 97. Been a good piece and real accurate as well.

fnogger
January 14, 2016, 22:28
In the rimfirecentral trading post there is a 97BD for sale